A theory as to why Versus wasn't shown yesterday

#1King GirPosted 2/21/2013 11:59:15 AM
So hear me out: I think Versus has gone multi-platform and has been rebranded as FFXV.

Look at all of the games mentioned yesterday- they were either platform exclusive OR they had some mention of "exclusive content on PS4" for the game. Since we haven't heard much of anything about any of these games until recently, I think Sony deliberately let Microsoft get console exclusive content last generation so they could get the upper hand on the PS4.

But if they're focusing on the PS4, and "Versus" is a next gen title, then why wasn't it shown at the press conference?

Simple. Microsoft liked the sales it got from XIII and decided it wanted in on the once-exclusive Versus XIII. After a long negotiation (which is why they kept saying Versus would be exclusive), Microsoft got what it wanted. However, due to SquEnix and their general incompetence in addition to the game being a lot more ambitious than SquEnix originally realized, the game was moved on to the next generation since the game won't see the light of day until FF:LR & FFXIV are out. Therefore, the game will be out in late 2014-early 2015 for the PS4/720.

Also, I don't think the game was cancelled. Why? It makes no sense. They know people still want the game and that people are still thinking about it (evidenced by the drawing of Noctis on that pamphlet), and "quietly cancelling" the game would only serve to alienate an already fragmented fanbase. (Say what you want about XIII & XIII-2, but support for SE's products weakened last generation. The last thing a giant company wants to do is lose sales)

tl;dr- Game is ambitious & Microsoft interfered. Also, it's more baseless speculation cause there isn't s*** else to do around here.
---
Cleveland fan for life.
XBLA: Shaka999 PSN: Shaka1124
#23StormsPosted 2/21/2013 12:06:53 PM
A simpler theory:

It HAS indeed been re-named FF-XV, and since it's being made for an entirely new system after spending six years being developed for the PS3 and its complicated coding, that means....................drum roll....................try not to crap the bed in anger.................MORE DELAY TIME
#3matt091282Posted 2/21/2013 12:11:40 PM
Yeah, I'm definitely buying into the name change/re-branding of it. Even though it's not the end of the world if it isn't, but I still would rather it be on PS3 as kind of the "swan song" FF game for that console.
#4westontickleePosted 2/21/2013 12:51:29 PM
Or here's a better one, it's not for PS4 at all. If it was for PS4, they would have shown it. They have footage of the game.
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#5EventualDeclinePosted 2/21/2013 1:24:33 PM
It's not confirmed for the PS4 yet, and yesterday was about the PS4 and PS4 games. Are you people completely ****ing brain damaged or what?
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#6westontickleePosted 2/21/2013 1:43:00 PM
EventualDecline posted...
It's not confirmed for the PS4 yet, and yesterday was about the PS4 and PS4 games. Are you people completely ****ing brain damaged or what?

Finally, someone around here with some sense
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#7DarknessXSeekerPosted 2/21/2013 2:55:00 PM
Or maybe it just isn't coming out, that's what I think atleast.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#8Lelouch71Posted 2/21/2013 5:41:06 PM
How I miss people having common sense. if they didn't announce it for the PS4 yesterday then it's not going to happen. It's staying a PS3 exclusive. The real FFXV is about to go into development right now.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#9VunksPosted 2/21/2013 6:24:08 PM
Because it is a PS3 title, Why people believe it moved to ps4 is beyond me. I still can't believe people are looking at a game like Final Fantasy and going yeah they are going to release it soon on a system that will just be coming out with an install base of 5-8 million max in a year.
#10zUkUuPosted 2/21/2013 6:37:11 PM
Vunks posted...
Because it is a PS3 title, Why people believe it moved to ps4 is beyond me. I still can't believe people are looking at a game like Final Fantasy and going yeah they are going to release it soon on a system that will just be coming out with an install base of 5-8 million max in a year.

Why develop ANY games then for a new console? Why aren't we still playing NES?

You're narrow sighted, there are various benefits to release early in a console cycle.