A theory as to why Versus wasn't shown yesterday

#31abnergoinbigPosted 2/22/2013 6:48:13 AM
poolsharky27 posted...
Being the trolls the SE seem to be recently, I could honestly see them showing Versus at an xbox720 reveal.

That would be messed up. Show up at Sony's reveal just to do the same at MS's.
#32poolsharky27Posted 2/22/2013 6:53:03 AM
abnergoinbig posted...
poolsharky27 posted...
Being the trolls the SE seem to be recently, I could honestly see them showing Versus at an xbox720 reveal.

Kind of the same how they announced FF13 multiplat. Showed up at MS's E3 booth and just took a dump on PS fans. I could see them doing the exact same thing with Versus.

I can imagine the rage already.
#33King Gir(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 9:08:28 AM
SoaringDive posted...
zUkUu posted...
Vunks posted...
Because it is a PS3 title, Why people believe it moved to ps4 is beyond me. I still can't believe people are looking at a game like Final Fantasy and going yeah they are going to release it soon on a system that will just be coming out with an install base of 5-8 million max in a year.

Why develop ANY games then for a new console? Why aren't we still playing NES?

You're narrow sighted, there are various benefits to release early in a console cycle.

Not for a game like Versus XIII, which has been in development for how long? You don't just give a game with this kind of budget to a system with such a low install base, until it picks up.

Exactly, which is why I don't think we're seeing this game any time soon. Going back to my thoughts, I think that's why we haven't heard/seen anything out of it in awhile. Everyone wants to think it's a PS3 because it wasn't shown on Wednesday, but maybe it's not ready to be shown? Maybe the porting process has been way more complicated than they imagined.

Anyway, people point to Versus being the swan song for the PS3?
1) No, that's what Lightning Returns is going to be. Looking at what SE did with 12- it launched on the PS2 a month before the PS3 launched. The PS4 should be coming out soon, and I'd like to believe that's either this holiday season or early next year, and LR is scheduled for "Autumn" of this year. I'll say this though- if we're looking at next holiday season for the PS4/720, I could see the game coming out on the PS3. Still, this generation of consoles has gone on long enough and I can't imagine we're too far off from the next.

2)Since we're getting towards the end of a console generation, it makes no sense that for a game that will supposedly end the generation to have little to no hype surrounding it, especially out of a giant like Square Enix. Even though the game has been in production for what seems like an eternity, getting everything polished and pretty on the PS4 probably isn't an easy task.

3) http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/21/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-getting-help-from-luminous-engine-kin/
---
Cleveland fan for life.
XBLA: Shaka999 PSN: Shaka1124
#34King Gir(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 9:09:28 AM
abnergoinbig posted...
poolsharky27 posted...

Also, considering how much Microsoft likes to shell out for console exclusive content, I could see them paying SE to do something like this.
---
Cleveland fan for life.
XBLA: Shaka999 PSN: Shaka1124
#35VunksPosted 2/22/2013 1:44:25 PM
I would like to apologize for how rude I was last night, it was uncalled for.
#36LionHeart48Posted 2/22/2013 6:38:16 PM
poolsharky27 posted...

When it comes to trolls, SE is the King Troll, teasing us with a FF7 Tech Demo then a trailer for Versus which hasn't seen the light of day because SE locked it up in a closet where its dark and only lets it out when it begs for food.
---
IX > VI > VII > IV > VIII > V > X > XII > I > III > II > 50 miles down filled with human waste then XIII