I almost crapped my pants when Hashimoto came on stage.

#1ZeroGravity347Posted 2/22/2013 5:37:17 AM
When that first Square-Enix rep came up on the stage, I got mildly excited. Then as soon as he said tech demo, I immediately shook my head and said "Oh no, here it comes." And I was right. Agnes Philosophy. I sat there cursing the entire time the tech demo was playing, and I just wanted it to be over because I didn't care anymore. So the trailer ended, and the rep said he had one more announcement.. I was like.... "Is this real life..?" Then Hashimoto appeared on stage and I started freaking out and screamed

"I KNOW THAT GUY!!! HE IS ON THE VERSUS DEV TEAM!! THIS IS REAL LIFE!!"

I was filled with an overwhelming sense of joy, something I hadn't experienced in a long time. It felt as if time almost stood still, momentarily. He began to speak. Started saying that he had one more surprise.. My heart started to race, palms became sweaty, and I finally thought this was the moment I've been waiting for my entire life...... And he slowly raised his head, and said...........

"PLEASE WAIT FOR E3. HYUK HYUK HYUK".

And I think we all know what came next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMTE8qnJ7h8
#2ExentrykPosted 2/22/2013 5:46:05 AM
Yeah! I had similar reactions. Stopped watching the presentation after that "Be excited for E3" statement.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#3W_Mark_Felt_SrPosted 2/22/2013 5:52:55 AM
He is not "on the Versus dev team"; he is the brand director of the entire Final Fantasy series itself.
---
http://tinyurl.com/6ak2wg8
^Almost all non-translated FF Ultimania interviews ever. Tons of exclusive info. Please help translate them.
#4ZeroGravity347(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 6:00:09 AM
W_Mark_Felt_Sr posted...
He is not "on the Versus dev team"; he is the brand director of the entire Final Fantasy series itself.

I know but http://gematsu.com/2012/08/hashimoto-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-turning-out-to-be-unbelievably-amazing
#5ZeroGravity347(Topic Creator)Posted 2/22/2013 6:00:50 AM
Exentryk posted...
Yeah! I had similar reactions. Stopped watching the presentation after that "Be excited for E3" statement.

Exactly lolol. Be excited? For what? Another FF game that will take another 5 years to get released? Yeah, to hell with that.
#6ExentrykPosted 2/22/2013 6:12:59 AM
W_Mark_Felt_Sr posted...

Shinji Hashimoto is one of the producers of Versus XIII, along with Kitase.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#7westontickleePosted 2/22/2013 6:48:59 AM
That's your own fault. It said on Stage he was the FF Brand Manager. That does not mean just versus. And they announced a new game whih will not take 5 years cause they said Luminous Engine is easier to work with, ao they're excited to work with it. So most likely you'll get your precious towns and all that crap.
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#8DarknessXSeekerPosted 2/22/2013 10:46:58 PM
When he came on stage I got excited for about 10 seconds, then I said to myself, wait this SE they won't show anything. And wow, I was right.
---
"You're gonna get shown the door, old man."
#9ZeroCalsPosted 2/23/2013 2:44:34 AM
Sooooo SE only announces announcements now, right?

I mean, do they even make games anymore?

/exaggeration... but still, come on
---
Official Wisest Person on the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board
#10Charizard18Posted 2/23/2013 3:32:03 AM
XD
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640