I seriously think they're going to make us wait until TGS

#1theofficefan99Posted 2/23/2013 9:47:43 AM
There's no way in hell they'll promote Versus XIII when Lightning Returns hasn't been released yet.

The cologne was just a way to show that Versus XIII isn't dead yet, but it's not going to be (re-re-)revealed very soon.

They want to get A Realm Reborn off of its feet and see that it's successful, and they want to make sure Lightning Returns sells as many copies as possible. They'll show off a CGI trailer for Final Fantasy XV at E3 and that's about the only other thing they'll do for Final Fantasy console games until TGS.

At TGS, they might show an extended CG trailer (with some doctored pre-rendered "in-game" footage thrown in) for Final Fantasy XV, and because LR and ARR are out of the way, they'll finally show Versus XIII.

And I think that it's still going to be a PS3 title. It might be cross-platform and available on the PS4 as well, but I don't think they'll abandon the PS3.

Anyone else agree that this scenario is likely?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2da_illest101Posted 2/23/2013 9:51:34 AM
TGS of which year though, that's the real question
#3theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:09:42 AM
da_illest101 posted...
TGS of which year though, that's the real question

This year.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4matt091282Posted 2/23/2013 10:35:00 AM
Yes, I am one of those people who think Versus still exists and will be a PS3 title. I hope you are right about TGS. I completely agree that there is no way they will show it at E3. They did say they were showing a NEW FF title that they just started producing. So, we know that is not Versus, nor Lightning Returns.

When is TGS anyway? lol I don't remember when they have that. September?
#5theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 10:41:42 AM
matt091282 posted...
Yes, I am one of those people who think Versus still exists and will be a PS3 title. I hope you are right about TGS. I completely agree that there is no way they will show it at E3. They did say they were showing a NEW FF title that they just started producing. So, we know that is not Versus, nor Lightning Returns.

They never said the word "new," but the fact that they said that they're starting on the production of a Final Fantasy game indicates that it's new.

Yeah September. Far away from now.
---
#6matt091282Posted 2/23/2013 10:45:55 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
matt091282 posted...

They never said the word "new," but the fact that they said that they're starting on the production of a Final Fantasy game indicates that it's new.

Ah, I thought they did say new. But yeah, in any case, the game they show at E3 will not be Versus. I didn't expect it to be anyway, but I am still excited regardless as to what new FF we will be seeing.

Do you think Versus will get a name change? I don't mean calling it XV, but maybe taking the XIII out of the title or anything like that?
#7theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 12:46:25 PM
matt091282 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
matt091282 posted...

Ah, I thought they did say new. But yeah, in any case, the game they show at E3 will not be Versus. I didn't expect it to be anyway, but I am still excited regardless as to what new FF we will be seeing.

Do you think Versus will get a name change? I don't mean calling it XV, but maybe taking the XIII out of the title or anything like that?

Me, too. But it still won't make me forget about Versus.

Yes. I honestly think it'll get a name change. It just won't be XV.
---
#8HRskskyPosted 2/23/2013 7:20:59 PM
It makes sense. ARR and LR be all done. I hope the "FFXV" won't be the new excuse for Versus delay.

"We're shifting all our resources onto XV and our marketing focus will be on it too. So please wait a little longer for Versus."

By then I think a lot of fans will just give up.
---
Want to localize Type-0 and see FF Versus? http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
-Official SANDVICH monster of GameFaqs
#9zombie_basher13Posted 2/23/2013 8:45:32 PM
HRsksky posted...
It makes sense. ARR and LR be all done. I hope the "FFXV" won't be the new excuse for Versus delay.

"We're shifting all our resources onto XV and our marketing focus will be on it too. So please wait a little longer for Versus."

By then I think a lot of fans will just give up.

Yes this would be the most discouraging thing possible. Because to advertise a next gen FF over a current gen FF in dev for 7 years would be the last nail in the coffin.

I honestly think we'll be lucky to even see Versus this year at all.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#10The_Lost_SabrePosted 2/23/2013 9:14:45 PM
I DID mention a while back on another board that we may be lucky to even see Versus in Q4. More than likely it will be in 2014. Of course, knowing how competent SE is these days, it could be pushed back even further to 2015 for all we know. :p
---
"Heheheh..."
"Being dark just puts a greater demand on intellectual maturity -- you have to be smart for it to work." ~ Crono Maniac