Sony Worldwide Studios SVP: Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3

#11TruthPosted 2/23/2013 8:27:00 PM
OK, so Michael Denny, manager of Sony Europe has said that Gran Turismo 6 will launch on PS3, not PS4. This is despite PS4 being just announced and us not yet seeing a single trailer of Gran Turismo 6.

Where does this leave FF Versus XIII?

This could mean that FF Versus XIII will still release on PS3 even though SQEX plan to announce FFXV at E3 in June. It's like FFXII all over again. They announced FFXIII at E3 in May 2006 and then FFXII came out in North America in October 2006 and Europe in February 2007.

Full quote and source:
And Denny isn’t quick to dismiss earlier consoles in favour of the next generation, either. The PS Vita is still just finding its feet in the handheld market and seven years after the launch of the PlayStation 3 it’s still an exciting console with more to offer in the coming year.

“Look at the games coming out on the PlayStation 3 like The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, GT6, and then on the third-party side of things another fantastic Assassin’s Creed, GTA,” Denny listed. “It’s important for our content to have that kind of longevity because, as I was saying [about the PS Vita], the games that come through are going to get better and better over time.”

http://siliconrepublic.com/digital-life/item/31603-scee-worldwide-studios-svp
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#2zUkUuPosted 2/23/2013 8:28:11 PM
Tbh, I don't care for which console it comes out IF IT WOULD COME OUT TO BEGIN WITH. >_>
#3PillsberyDoeManPosted 2/23/2013 8:53:15 PM
what?? i know gt6 isn't a secret, but THIS is how it's confirmed for the ps3? it's like a joke.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)