Yup, I'm pretty sure Versus is FFXV now.

#1Wise_PotatoPosted 2/24/2013 4:57:54 AM
Converting Versus into FFXV is the easy -and obvious- choice for many reasons:

1.They are too lazy to come up with a whole new concept, why make an entirely new story when you can always convert Versus into FFXV?

2.That can explain why they are being so ambiguous about Versus, i mean seriously why would they kill the hype for their game and just keep saying "please wait" at every event? I'm pretty sure Sony wouldn't let them mention PS4. I think the same is happening with The Last Guardian, and Team ICO are acting the same way as Square Enix, they just act like the game doesn't exist then every few months they confirm it's not dead.

Square Enix never avoid talking about their games like that, hell some SE-rep even spoiled the events of LR:FFXIII, they can't control themselves, unless it's someone else who is keeping them quite, and in this case, Sony.

3.Calling Versus FFXV can turn very profitable for SE, your average joe will probably avoid the game if it has "FFXIII" on it's title, maybe it's a try to make the FF series mainstream again, like the PS1-SNES era.

4.Luminous engine is being used -to an extent- on Versus already, Square Enix seem very excited about it, the PS4 is a great opportunity for them to release Versus with a full blown it Luminous engine, Nomura loves pretty graphics.

5.Nomura has always said that KH3 will be built on the same engine as Versus, it wouldn't make sense to release KH3 for PS3, or release it on PS4 with an out dated engine.

6.Just because it doesn't have the FFXIII name on it doesn't mean it can't be part of FNC, like Type 0. Or maybe Nomura will change the mythos in the game and make a new sub-series like FNC (specially if the game makes good money).

7.I know this may look a little flimsy, but the timing of the "Noctis perfume" tweet is very suggestive.

I know that they can always move Versus to PS4 without changing it's name, and that FFXV can be Agni's philosophy game, but I think it's a little bit TOO early for Agni's philosophy game, Square Enix probably won't release it until 2015 at least, they teased it last year, and we all know how HUGE the gap between teasing and ACTUAL release is for Square Enix games, how many years did it take them to make FFXIII after teasing it? Exactly.
---
Versus XIII is a PS4 game, probably FFXV.
Formerly known as HeartKey_XIII
#2CokaineCowboy77Posted 2/24/2013 6:28:27 AM
That Noctis perfume is the most information we're getting this year
---
FFVII=FFVI>FFVIII>FFX>FFIX>FFIV
XIII is...just terrible.
#3Asd202Posted 2/24/2013 6:57:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Reaper_ExEPosted 2/24/2013 9:51:45 AM
Loldelusion
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#5theofficefan99Posted 2/24/2013 10:25:14 AM
It's not going to become XV.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6Charizard18Posted 2/24/2013 12:56:11 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
It's not going to become XV.

---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#7toffifeePosted 2/24/2013 5:48:33 PM
The announced game is a NEW FF.
---
FFVI>FFXIII>FFVII-FFIX>FFX+FFXII>FFIV>FFV>FFIII>FFI>>>>>FFII
#8SSj7CloudSPosted 2/24/2013 6:56:59 PM
CokaineCowboy77 posted...

Pretty much. If SE is feeling generous then by Christmas or early next year we might get a 30 second trailer of new footage.

Oh...right, they're now reusing trailers...guess we'll just get the last one they made of Versus replayed to us again and be told to please look forward to more news later (years from now.) Nevermind me.
---
Playing: Wild Arms 5, Grandia II, The Last Story
PSN: jext77
#9Charizard18Posted 2/24/2013 8:24:15 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...

Pretty much. If SE is feeling generous then by Christmas or early next year we might get a 30 second trailer of new footage.

Oh...right, they're now reusing trailers...guess we'll just get the last one they made of Versus replayed to us again and be told to please look forward to more news later (years from now.) Nevermind me.

This time it'll be in English.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"I'm a bagel whore" -blazin640
#10SSj7CloudSPosted 2/24/2013 8:34:17 PM
Charizard18 posted...
SSj7CloudS posted...

This time it'll be in English.

I dunno, that's shelling out the big bucks there, I don't think SE thinks we're worth that much.
---
Playing: Wild Arms 5, Grandia II, The Last Story
PSN: jext77