Attn: The 2011 6:48 Gameplay Trailer DID NOT have its combat speed slowed down

#1shadowSEXilPosted 2/24/2013 11:56:42 PM
That was the 2011 FNC Trailer. You can tell a clear difference in swing speed between the Behemoth combat in the little clip we got and the full gameplay trailer we got later that January.
---
I eat cereal for breakfast with 1% milk.
#2theofficefan99Posted 2/24/2013 11:59:38 PM
You're right, I checked and Nomura said it was the TGS footage that was slowed down.

In that case, the combat is way too sluggish.

Though I'm sure the next time we see it, it'll look better.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3PillsberyDoeManPosted 2/25/2013 12:05:42 AM
first, nomura said the combat was so fast that the combat was blurry. then we got the short tgs clip where the combat was "slowed down". THEN, we got the 2011 trailer. i still don't see my blur.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#4shadowSEXil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/25/2013 1:33:30 AM
theofficefan99 posted...

I'm kinda worried this will end up a PS4 title as much as I don't want to believe it. Not gonna lie, that 2011 trailer looks like it would put some serious strain on my PS3, and that's before a graphical overhaul and adding Luminous Lighting. Lighting is one of the biggest lag offenders in gaming, just look at Dark Souls for an example. I'm not worried about quality of game for some reason (Duke Nukem should actually lead me to believe otherwise); I'm worried about quality of console.
---
I eat cereal for breakfast with 1% milk.
#5aeoxeternalPosted 2/25/2013 10:42:36 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
You're right, I checked and Nomura said it was the TGS footage that was slowed down.

I agree that it will look better. I, however, have taken a liking to the combat style. Nomura speaks of it in interviews as very fast-paced, and maybe it's because he actually has controller in-hand and is playing it, not spectating as we are, so it may feel faster-paced when played.
tbh, anything faster than ATB is good enough for me.
#6Graham_ChapmanPosted 2/26/2013 8:12:32 AM
Personally, I hope the actual game play is that, uhm, "sluggish". It was the right speed for me, at least. And if further speed is needed, why not just throw in some Haste magic and actually have the spell make a significant difference?
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#7heartlesshero17Posted 2/26/2013 1:01:56 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

I got flamed to hell by the new guys who showed up here and labeled a troll for saying this back then. Even though I said it can easily change since its still an early build.

Good times
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#8The_Lost_SabrePosted 2/26/2013 3:06:56 PM
You got the last laugh.

Not that anyone with common sense can blame you. :p
---
"Heheheh..."
"Being dark just puts a greater demand on intellectual maturity -- you have to be smart for it to work." ~ Crono Maniac
#9shinigami_mattPosted 2/26/2013 6:06:36 PM
It was obvious when everything moved at the right speed. I wasn't impressed.
---
Go then, there are other worlds than these. - The Gunslinger
#10NineSkiysPosted 2/26/2013 8:01:44 PM
If it ended up being a cross-gen game, like Destiny, I wonder what some of the changes would be, besides the graphics of course.
---
It's not the great who are strong, It's the strong who are great!