uh so explain to me why Versus won't release on ps4 again?

#1ExtremeLightPosted 3/1/2013 8:32:27 AM
Even assassin creed four is coming to the next gen consoles. Yet people prior claimed that Versus would be nearly impossible to be on ps4. Dev kit have been out since 2011. Full production of Versus didn't began till after. The producer of Versus also FF brand manager, came out to tell us to wait for a new FF at E3? Why him? Why not that first dude? This lead me to the conclusion that People simply don't want Versus on ps4 because they don't want to buy it at launch.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
#2marko7Posted 3/1/2013 8:53:39 AM
It won't release on Ps4 because its not backwards compatible with bacon.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2012
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#3theofficefan99Posted 3/1/2013 9:06:00 AM
I think it'll be cross-platform to maximize profits. I honestly don't want a PS4 until the Slim version comes out, anyway.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 9:18:56 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
I think it'll be cross-platform to maximize profits. I honestly don't want a PS4 until the Slim version comes out, anyway.

That's what I'm thinking right now. I mean CoD done it before. Assassin's Creed seem to be doing this. I can see them delaying versus because of the ps4 as the only logical explanation. Yet they wouldn't upset the fan by shifting to ps4 instantly.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
#5Lelouch71Posted 3/1/2013 2:33:03 PM
I never heard anyone say that. However, it being released on the PS4 as an exclusive would be incredibly stupid. SE would have to be brain dead to ignore a console with a 70+ million user base to one that will be lucky to get 2-3 million within a few months. Not only would that not be common sense. It just wouldn't make any business sense.

And yes most of us don't want to buy a PS4 at launch to play a game that should be on the PS3, and I don't know why you think most of us should be okay with it. Money doesn't grow on trees and the PS4 isn't a good investment for everyone outside of early adopters and tech geeks.

I stand by what I've said for months. The best you can hope for is a multiplat release for the PS3 and PS4 especially now there isn't BC for PS1-3 games except through the Gaikai.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#6DEKMStephensPosted 3/1/2013 2:40:10 PM
because it is coming out on the Philips CDi
---
The official nothing of nothing at the moment.
Return Moe! D:<
#7Switchfoot2008Posted 3/1/2013 3:24:24 PM
Why are people forgetting about the fact that the PS4 is utilizing Gaikai streaming for PS3 games?

This E3 will unveil Versus 13 for PS3 and Gaikai streaming on PS4. Mark my words!

They are already proving that they want to support the PS3 with major games while launching the PS4. Beyond Two Souls and Gran Turismo 6 will be supported for PS3.

All they have to do to appeal to those who buy a PS4 is provide them with Gaikai streaming of those last major PS3 games. It will maximize their profits and make both worlds happy. It will also allow them to showcase the power of Gaikai streaming with popular games.
#8PillsberyDoeManPosted 3/1/2013 3:40:36 PM
^right. so buy a ps4 for $499, so you can play a lower res'd v13. sounds like a plan.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#9zerodivide85Posted 3/1/2013 4:46:00 PM
If they decided to rebuild it using the Luminous Engine completely (instead of just the lighting), it wouldn't be lower res on ps4 because the Luminous Engine has been designed to scale across platforms. Personally, I think they made the decision to do this sometime early 2012.
#10andyt73Posted 3/1/2013 5:17:19 PM
But if this game doesnt come out till end of 2014/2015 then why would they release it for an out of date console it only makes sense for the ps3 if your expecting versus to be released in the next 12 months and im certainly not expecting anything close to that
---
psn ID: Tarny73. LEAD ME, FOLLOW ME, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY!