uh so explain to me why Versus won't release on ps4 again?

#11MajorZeroPosted 3/1/2013 5:59:54 PM
Pretty obvious why its still ps3...6 years worth of assets created and millions spent doing it...SE isnt going to spend millions more improving all the graphics to put it on a system that will have a smaller install base..ps3 it is!.....just like the new Giddy of war...and gran turismo 6...

Agnis philosophy is what most likely will be 15
#12theofficefan99Posted 3/1/2013 6:09:59 PM
I don't think Versus XIII will be released at the time of the PS4's launch, but I think it'll be released Spring 2014. Probably a late March or early April release. Though if it releases this year as a PS3 game and a launch PS4 title and whatnot, I'd be ecstatic.

I don't know. I just want this damn game in my hands.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#13ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2013 8:47:20 PM
We'll just have to wait and see at this rate. Though what perplexed me is what happened at TGS. Basically people figured Noruma would should new info for Versus but he showed a sketch and said please be excited for Versus.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
#14ExentrykPosted 3/1/2013 10:09:52 PM(edited)
It won't coz I know there isn't a PS4 version in the making. Have you seen the predictions thread? Might want to test that information later, so keep it around. ;]

If you want some reasoning, then here it is:

1. They were not working on the PS4 version of Versus at least until Jan 2012.

In Jan 2012, Nomura said, -
Regarding when itíll be shown, Nomura said that while heís not yet scheduled anything, heíd like to make an announcement this year, and the next time we see it, itíll be running on PlayStation 3 hardware.

http://gematsu.com/2012/01/nomura-on-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-final-fantasy-x-hd

2. Luminous Engine was not being used to make any game even up until late 2012.

In June 2012, Wada said, -
At present, there are no games using Luminous Studio as an engine. Wada personally would like to see internal use of the engine by the end of the year or early next year.

http://andriasang.com/con1db/wada_luminous/

This says to me that Versus is still on PS3 and that they haven't started developing any FF on the PS4. The one Shinji Hashimoto hinted is a new FF and is only in conceptual stages.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#15theofficefan99Posted 3/1/2013 11:49:00 PM
Exentryk posted...
It won't coz I know there isn't a PS4 version in the making. Have you seen the predictions thread? Might want to test that information later, so keep it around. ;]

Regarding when itíll be shown, Nomura said that while heís not yet scheduled anything, heíd like to make an announcement this year, and the next time we see it, itíll be running on PlayStation 3 hardware.

http://gematsu.com/2012/01/nomura-on-final-fantasy-versus-xiii-final-fantasy-x-hd

At present, there are no games using Luminous Studio as an engine. Wada personally would like to see internal use of the engine by the end of the year or early next year.

This says to me that Versus is still on PS3 and that they haven't started developing any FF on the PS4. The one Shinji Hashimoto hinted is a new FF and is only in conceptual stages.

I think this is a good theory. Though I really do think there might be a PS4 port or something at the very least. If it releases Q4 2013/Q1 2014, that'd be great. I hope they show it at E3, but I doubt it. It'll probably be at TGS.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#16ExentrykPosted 3/2/2013 12:02:33 AM(edited)
Yeah, I'm thinking TGS too. But SE usually have at least 6 months of marketing for their titles. That would mean a re-reveal at E3. I just think that if they do show it at E3, then what will they have for TGS?

Coz LR would most likely be already out by then. Better would be to promote XIV and LR and tease the "new FF" at E3, and keep Versus for TGS. Go all out after Sept with a marketing campaign.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#17Switchfoot2008Posted 3/2/2013 12:02:15 AM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
^right. so buy a ps4 for $499, so you can play a lower res'd v13. sounds like a plan.

You have no idea if it will be low resolution through streaming. If people want to sell their PS3 consoles to help pay for a PS4, then providing those people with streaming PS3 games that are planned to release this year or next is an excellent solution.

It's all about making everyone happy.
#18Rose_of_MayPosted 3/2/2013 5:30:20 AM
Exentryk posted...

I can agree with this since SE seems to be actively hiring for a next gen tech demo. What we're going to see at E3 is a concept demo of the next FF for the PS4/720.

As far as Versus is concerned, Shinji is the one who said look forward to next year at last year's TGS when the SE fan tweeted their conversation.

That being the case, SE Japan won't show Versus at E3. Not with Lightning Returns and FFXIV around the corner.
#19ExtremeLight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2013 8:31:14 AM
Exentryk posted...

Very interesting theory.
But I do have some problem with it.
1st quote: we never saw it. Also this also mean that that gameplay footage we saw wasn't even on ps3

2nd quote: The end of the year and this is early next year...

I don't mean to sound like a ps4 optimist but it look like these quotes help my reasoning.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
#20Rose_of_MayPosted 3/2/2013 9:52:46 AM(edited)
Exentryk posted...

Another thing I wanted to point out. Whoever wrote that Gematsu article may have jumped the gun. According to Anoop( andriasang ), Nomura never said PS3, he said "actual hardware."

"The next time we see Versus XIII, we will get a look at it being controlled on actual hardware."

http://andriasang.com/comzoe/nomura_famitsu_interview/

It's easy to assume that Nomura was speaking of the PS3 since Versus was announced as a system exclusive but I find it a bit peculiar how he didn't say PS3 in that interview.