A look back at Final Fantasy XIII's TGS trailer

#1theofficefan99Posted 3/3/2013 10:20:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SJPeFNbhOs&playnext=1&list=PL_60IR7rHPjIXK5JcGaFCAmTyvwB1BcZz&feature=results_video

Amazing trailer (aside from Lightning's cheesy lines). Shows glimpses of some scenes before the halfway mark in the game, some amazing CGI, running around in cities and landscapes, battles with both a normal party and Eidolons, and a combination of both orchestral songs from the game and the main theme. Everything you see here is how it is in the final product minus the unfinished battle dubs and the lip-syncing being off during the CGI clips.

After the super long drought of info and footage, I think this is the kind of trailer we deserve the next time Versus XIII is shown, except longer, with even more gameplay footage.

Anyone else agree?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2PillsberyDoeManPosted 3/4/2013 10:34:24 AM
yes, i want a trailer like that, BUT... i fear that se will again spoil too much of the story in them. i watched the trailers for 13 every damn day before its release and when i actually got down to playing it, i knew exactly what cutscenes were coming and could easily predict what was going to happen.

i don't think i'll be able to pass on a future v13 trailer(s), but i'm going to try and limit myself to viewing them once and only once. hopefully, i'll forget most of what i saw because i know se is going to want to promote the **** out of this game when the time finally comes.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#3theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 3:58:58 PM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
yes, i want a trailer like that, BUT... i fear that se will again spoil too much of the story in them. i watched the trailers for 13 every damn day before its release and when i actually got down to playing it, i knew exactly what cutscenes were coming and could easily predict what was going to happen.

i don't think i'll be able to pass on a future v13 trailer(s), but i'm going to try and limit myself to viewing them once and only once. hopefully, i'll forget most of what i saw because i know se is going to want to promote the **** out of this game when the time finally comes.

I think this trailer was good enough. It showed glimpses of some important scenes, and that's about it. I don't think this trailer was too spoilery at all. It only went up to the halfway point of the game in terms of storyline footage, and up to Gran Pulse for the gameplay.

For Versus XIII, I'm going to watch the first trailer that's released this year, and that's it. I'll avoid any other trailers, commercials, video reviews, etc. etc. because if I do that, I'll have basically seen every part of the game. That's what happened with XIII and I don't want that happening again :p
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin