Something interesting I've noticed...

#1theofficefan99Posted 3/4/2013 4:55:41 PM
remember the two Neogaf users that started rumors?

Alright, well, we know how the Neogaf mods are extremely strict, especially with rumors and whatnot. If you create a false rumor, they'll ban your IP.

Here's a section from their ToS:

"The posting of full transcriptions of articles and whole or partially-scanned images is not allowed. Users in breach of this rule are subject to banning. The posting of review scores (without text), news summaries, rumors, and review paraphrasing is acceptable, as long as credit is given to the original source."

Two users started rumors: Verendus and Zeal.

Verendus: "I can spill the following comfortably though since I think this developer is a bit of a joke, and I think people are beginning to suspect this anyway. Versus XIII will have another unveiling later this year regarding development for the next generation. It won't have the "Versus XIII" part in the title. It will definitely release in 2014. You can have my account deleted if this information turns out to be inaccurate. News is fresh on this and I'm really confident about it. FF15 and FF16 are underway, both next generation projects. There's a chance FF15, in particular, may be an exclusive release. Kind of. And with that, I'm off to sleep."

Verendus was banned, but it was lifted. His account is active again.

Zeal: "You'll see this game very soon."

"What I know has been confirmed with the appropriate mods. All is well.

Versus lives."

""This week's Famitsu has some interesting comments from Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura regarding the game's progress.

According to him, he has some news on the project and is almost ready to reveal a lot of info for us (finally) - but some "totally unrelated" reasons, he can't. He's also not allowed to talk about the situation stopping him, and all he can do is "continue discussions" - with who, it isn't said."

I'll leave you with that. Peace."

""So they're probably just going to show another CG trailer that's a minute long so the game can enter another two year hiatus, right?"

Wrong."

Zeal's account was totally untouched.

At first, I wanted Versus XIII to go to the PS4, but I realized that I still wanted it on my PS3 and that I wouldn't want to buy a PS4 until the slim version comes out, anyways. I dunno what to think :p

What do you guys make of this?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2Cyber_Boy94Posted 3/4/2013 5:05:43 PM
I don't care if it's on PS3 or PS4... I just want to see Adnan rage
---
PSN=Cyber_Boy94, Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/user/SyberBoy94?feature=mhee
The Official Keyblade Master of the FF Versus XIII Board
#3ZeroCalsPosted 3/4/2013 5:08:53 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
remember the two Neogaf users that started rumors?

Alright, well, we know how the Neogaf mods are extremely strict, especially with rumors and whatnot. If you create a false rumor, they'll ban your IP.

Here's a section from their ToS:

"The posting of full transcriptions of articles and whole or partially-scanned images is not allowed. Users in breach of this rule are subject to banning. The posting of review scores (without text), news summaries, rumors, and review paraphrasing is acceptable, as long as credit is given to the original source."

Two users started rumors: Verendus and Zeal.

Verendus: "I can spill the following comfortably though since I think this developer is a bit of a joke, and I think people are beginning to suspect this anyway. Versus XIII will have another unveiling later this year regarding development for the next generation. It won't have the "Versus XIII" part in the title. It will definitely release in 2014. You can have my account deleted if this information turns out to be inaccurate. News is fresh on this and I'm really confident about it. FF15 and FF16 are underway, both next generation projects. There's a chance FF15, in particular, may be an exclusive release. Kind of. And with that, I'm off to sleep."

Verendus was banned, but it was lifted. His account is active again.

Zeal: "You'll see this game very soon."

"What I know has been confirmed with the appropriate mods. All is well.

Versus lives."

""This week's Famitsu has some interesting comments from Versus XIII director Tetsuya Nomura regarding the game's progress.

According to him, he has some news on the project and is almost ready to reveal a lot of info for us (finally) - but some "totally unrelated" reasons, he can't. He's also not allowed to talk about the situation stopping him, and all he can do is "continue discussions" - with who, it isn't said."

I'll leave you with that. Peace."

""So they're probably just going to show another CG trailer that's a minute long so the game can enter another two year hiatus, right?"

Wrong."

Zeal's account was totally untouched.

At first, I wanted Versus XIII to go to the PS4, but I realized that I still wanted it on my PS3 and that I wouldn't want to buy a PS4 until the slim version comes out, anyways. I dunno what to think :p

What do you guys make of this?

I think that until I see Versus on the shelf, the game does NOT exist.

GFaq users, NeoGaf users, and even SE execs can say whatever the **** they want, but until I see some PHYSICAL evidence that this game is coming out (Noctis perfume doesn't count) I'm not going to trust a **** thing anyone has to say. I mean, we've heard it all before... right?

p.s. "Unrelated thing(s)" holding up Versus info is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. If something is holding up Versus' release, or unveiling, then it is by definition RELATED. I'm getting sick of hearing that.
---
Official Wisest Person on the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board
#4ExentrykPosted 3/4/2013 5:10:12 PM
Their posts are unverifiable at this point. I doubt there is anyone on GAF that knows what's up with Versus. Also, if they ban him, then the mods are revealing that the info is false, and in turn, giving us information.

Verendus was banned way later, meaning it wasn't for that post. Zael is still safe, but as soon as it is confirmed that Versus isn't on PS4, he will be banned (if the mods still remember the incident, that is).
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#5theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 5:20:46 PM
Exentryk posted...
Their posts are unverifiable at this point. I doubt there is anyone on GAF that knows what's up with Versus. Also, if they ban him, then the mods are revealing that the info is false, and in turn, giving us information.

Verendus was banned way later, meaning it wasn't for that post. Zael is still safe, but as soon as it is confirmed that Versus isn't on PS4, he will be banned (if the mods still remember the incident, that is).

I just checked Neogaf before posting this, though. Verendus is no longer banned.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#661degreesPosted 3/4/2013 5:51:13 PM
Exentryk posted...

zeal said it was gonna be on ps4?
#7ExentrykPosted 3/4/2013 6:10:14 PM
Office - Yeah, his ban period ended yesterday I think.

61degrees posted...
zeal said it was gonna be on ps4?

Yeah!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47902019&postcount=311
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47889290&postcount=178
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#8MagiusNecrosPosted 3/4/2013 6:11:17 PM
Exentryk posted...

It's all speculative. Shots in the darkness of space if you will.

We know and can see nothing.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#9adnancool13Posted 3/4/2013 6:33:29 PM
PS3 or GTFO
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#10ExentrykPosted 3/4/2013 6:40:01 PM
MagiusNecros posted...
It's all speculative. Shots in the darkness of space if you will.

We know and can see nothing.

Not all of us. ;]
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.