Something interesting I've noticed...

#21ZeroCalsPosted 3/4/2013 10:40:09 PM
Exentryk posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Then you much know, that dude predictions are coming true so far.

What did he predict that came true?

This. Not being wrong =/= being right.
---
Official Wisest Person on the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board
#22theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/4/2013 11:03:44 PM
The only reason as to why I want it to be on the PS3 still is because I'm hoping it'll be the first multi-disc PS3 game.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#23peonusPosted 3/5/2013 1:02:08 AM
The way they end their supposed leaks with "And with that, I'm off to sleep." and "Peace" continues to irritate the **** out of me...

It's an unfalsifiable rumor on a game virtually no one knows anything about. They provide a wide and vague time table of what may occur and what could occur. Nothing they say is concrete aside from a 2014 release date which is in no way unreasonable.

Besides, the information they offer isn't that shocking either.

Verendas information
- FF15 and FF16 Next gen (Well no ****)
- Versus will have another unveiling (Cool, when?)
- Won't have Versus in the title (That's coo, why?l)
- Release in 2014 (Sure, it's not 2013 for sure)

Zeal information
- We'll see this game soon (Oh yes, right before Sony Press Conference)
... and aside from that he doesn't say anything we already don't know.

Really. They could be telling the truth. They could totally be right. But the fact is is that they're throwing out prophecies they can't substantiate at this time. We simply must wait and see. Hell, I could say Versus is still in development, will have an amazing magic system that will revolutionize the JRPG franchise and involve multiple factions with glorious combat action. None of that I know for sure to be true but you aren't going to contest it because you think it to be true.

It upsets the **** out of me to see these rumors and confident prophecies spew out of NeoGAF and fail to materialize time and time again. With their holier-than-thou tones and all...

THEY KNOW NOTHING OF OUR STRUGGLE. OUR PATIENCE. OUR LOVE.
#24marko7Posted 3/5/2013 6:25:39 AM
Honestly I couldn't give a s*** what anyone on neogaf says. If the game doesn't show up at E3 and there's no sign of a localisation in the works I'll have little reason to stay interested in this. Truth is, what SE might have thought was great and ambitious way back in 2008 when development started, has probably been surpassed in more ways than one by games that have came out since.

How can they possibly aim to impress with a game that was announced and in development for a whole generation of consoles? Its impossible at this point. Pretty graphics can only get you so far (and some might not even consider them 'pretty' anymore). If the game uses out-dated mechanics (which it probably will) its gonna fall flat, not to mention the mountains of anticipation its been building up over the years is gonna back fire on them quite a bit, regardless of how it turns out.

Thats not even taking into account the story, characters and writing etc. which could go either way. Shifting it to ps4 isn't gonna do them any favours too, especially if they abandon the ps3 version altogether (though I doubt they'd do that). All that would say to me is "well we're gonna take even longer now coz its gonna release on next gen consoles". Screw that. Who would even consider running out and buying a ps4 to play Versus anyway? A game solely intended to push more sales of a console from last gen? (Thats pretty much all Versus has been up to this point) You'd have to be a moron to be honest.

So theres my 2 cents. E3 pretty much is the last chance for this game I think. If it doesn't show up there they might as well not bother with it at all. There'll be too much interest in next gen stuff for anyone to actually care about this anymore.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2012
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#25theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2013 8:37:59 AM
marko7 posted...
Honestly I couldn't give a s*** what anyone on neogaf says. If the game doesn't show up at E3 and there's no sign of a localisation in the works I'll have little reason to stay interested in this. Truth is, what SE might have thought was great and ambitious way back in 2008 when development started, has probably been surpassed in more ways than one by games that have came out since.

How can they possibly aim to impress with a game that was announced and in development for a whole generation of consoles? Its impossible at this point. Pretty graphics can only get you so far (and some might not even consider them 'pretty' anymore). If the game uses out-dated mechanics (which it probably will) its gonna fall flat, not to mention the mountains of anticipation its been building up over the years is gonna back fire on them quite a bit, regardless of how it turns out.

Thats not even taking into account the story, characters and writing etc. which could go either way. Shifting it to ps4 isn't gonna do them any favours too, especially if they abandon the ps3 version altogether (though I doubt they'd do that). All that would say to me is "well we're gonna take even longer now coz its gonna release on next gen consoles". Screw that. Who would even consider running out and buying a ps4 to play Versus anyway? A game solely intended to push more sales of a console from last gen? (Thats pretty much all Versus has been up to this point) You'd have to be a moron to be honest.

So theres my 2 cents. E3 pretty much is the last chance for this game I think. If it doesn't show up there they might as well not bother with it at all. There'll be too much interest in next gen stuff for anyone to actually care about this anymore.

Great post. I'd honestly have to agree.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#26ExtremeLightPosted 3/5/2013 3:19:24 PM
Exentryk posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Then you much know, that dude predictions are coming true so far.

What did he predict that came true?

I never said it did lol. He said versus would be on ps4 but at that time ps4 was still a rumor. I don't expect him to be spot on though.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
#27ZeroCalsPosted 3/5/2013 3:23:39 PM
marko7 posted...

Truer words have never been spoken. The only thing missing? Maybe some more bacon... just saying.
---
Official Wisest Person on the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Board
#28GuitaristMattPosted 3/5/2013 10:36:45 PM
"totally unrelated business *gets whipped* ppp....pplease w.w...wait for infooooomg"
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
#29marko7Posted 3/6/2013 6:12:26 AM
ZeroCals posted...
Truer words have never been spoken. The only thing missing? Maybe some more bacon... just saying.

Damn I knew I forgot something xD
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2012
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards