A message to Kagari on NeoGaf regarding Versus XIII

#151MonkeySeraphPosted 3/7/2013 10:03:33 PM
fftsp posted...
Just a question, wasn't 12 just a few steps away from being an action RPG? It can be easily modified into a KH like battle system

If by a few steps you mean miles away then yes by completely change the battle system you could with much difficulty modify it into a KH battle system.
---
Hero of the Mad King war.
#152fftspPosted 3/7/2013 10:12:23 PM
MonkeySeraph posted...
fftsp posted...
Just a question, wasn't 12 just a few steps away from being an action RPG? It can be easily modified into a KH like battle system

If by a few steps you mean miles away then yes by completely change the battle system you could with much difficulty modify it into a KH battle system.

It's been a really long time since I played a KH game, so I'm not an expert, what I mean is (besides gambit system) if you could queue attacks in 12, it would be very easily like KH, or what I've seen of VS, I'm just talking about the core system, not the other elements like the fps elements it was supposed to have
#153MonkeySeraphPosted 3/7/2013 10:57:38 PM
fftsp posted...
MonkeySeraph posted...
fftsp posted...

It's been a really long time since I played a KH game, so I'm not an expert, what I mean is (besides gambit system) if you could queue attacks in 12, it would be very easily like KH, or what I've seen of VS, I'm just talking about the core system, not the other elements like the fps elements it was supposed to have

no trust me it wouldn't.
---
#154Remiel89Posted 3/8/2013 5:26:03 AM
Something not very reliable:
-"nothing on Vita..." ok... "and 3DS/Ios games". WHAT?! Only a few days ago SQEX said they'll drop social/mobile games (perhaps because of "All the bravest" flop)
-no more a A-JRPG?! What? Nomura LOVES a-jrpg. It's his genre. I don't see a single reason to drop action BS. It was even already in development from years/months. He repeatedly said it would be spectacular, faster than 2011 trailer, and so on... How are they going to show Noctis teleport without action? And all those stories about piloting a mecha, weapon changing in game, blonde-character with shooter gameplay, etc... Are you saying they dropped all of this? No. Impossible.
-seven years without a word and now, instead of a great advertising, they'll release it in a jiffy?!
#155NarolfPosted 3/8/2013 10:14:21 AM
Jesus, almost twenty pages... biggest thread on this right board yet.
#156kingrat2314Posted 3/8/2013 10:21:58 AM
Goiiin off the rails of the bull**** traiiiiiin.

That is my thought on Versus XIII and the entire FF fanbase at the moment.
---
Metal Gear Rising is the new standard by which all action games should be held. Except for the last boss.
#157sirauron15Posted 3/8/2013 1:42:40 PM(edited)
when will we get more news on FFX HD? like screenshots and maybe a trailer or something. I hope its this month or like next week would be better. anything else is being done to the game?
---
Where is the sense in all this? Braska believed in yevon's teaching and died for them , Jecht believed in braska and gave his life for him.
#158Darrius ColePosted 3/12/2013 3:50:46 PM
Tagged,

I'm going along with his request to bookmark the page and refer to it later, so that I can see how full of it he is...or is not.
#159Ecclesiastes273Posted 3/12/2013 4:30:33 PM
There are so many things wrong with the idea that XII is close to an action RPG.

An action RPG has to account for things like invincibility frames, active frames, recovery frames, block frames, hitboxes, hitbox damage modifiers, functional lock-on, positioning, and that cute little concept people call Direct Control. None of these things are touched upon in XII, not even loosely. The best you get is positioning, with the only variations being Too Far Away To Target and Flying. You know, things that were done on the Super Nintendo with Back Row and Flying states.

There's a deceptive amount of development and design in even a mediocre Action RPG, and to say ATB with walking and some AoE mechanics on par with Chrono Trigger is anything close is an affront to any battle system made after the early 90s. ATB is ancient tech, even in XII.
---
Seven. Point. Five.
#160MonkeySeraphPosted 3/12/2013 10:13:57 PM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
There are so many things wrong with the idea that XII is close to an action RPG.

An action RPG has to account for things like invincibility frames, active frames, recovery frames, block frames, hitboxes, hitbox damage modifiers, functional lock-on, positioning, and that cute little concept people call Direct Control. None of these things are touched upon in XII, not even loosely. The best you get is positioning, with the only variations being Too Far Away To Target and Flying. You know, things that were done on the Super Nintendo with Back Row and Flying states.

There's a deceptive amount of development and design in even a mediocre Action RPG, and to say ATB with walking and some AoE mechanics on par with Chrono Trigger is anything close is an affront to any battle system made after the early 90s. ATB is ancient tech, even in XII.

You there, you get the hell out with your knowledge of how game mechanics function..
---