A message to Kagari on NeoGaf regarding Versus XIII

#71MagiusNecrosPosted 3/6/2013 5:54:21 AM
Narolf posted...
MagiusNecros posted...
Narolf posted...
kanart posted...
why the Kagari hate anyway?

http://psychology.about.com/od/theoriesofpersonality/ss/defensemech_3.htm

Seems more like a two way street if you ask me.

IMO if Kagari wants to give a "You're wrong" statement, she has to back it up with facts and of course she probably isn't able to.

So in turn it can be safe to say both parties are in denial. Or in this case have some form of "denial" in relation to each other.

She knows what is going on behind the scenes, she just can't reveal any of those "facts". You are aware of that yourself: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47298060&postcount=448

But of course. Though I was taught that if you have nothing nice to say, it's better to not say anything at all unless it is meant with good intentions.
---
I have always hoped for a BERSERK Final Fantasy Game to be made realized.
Official GILGAMESH of every Gamefaqs Board
#72NarolfPosted 3/6/2013 6:11:06 AM
Not sure of how spouting lies can be backed by "nice intentions".

At any rate, biases aside, you're right: there is no way to know who is wrong and right in this day and age. I'm personally inclined to believe quite a bit of people enjoy toying with that notion. Regardless, there remains a clean and cut fact out of that pile.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=49113687&postcount=63

In more than five years of GAFfing, that was the only time Kagari had been wrong.
#73MagiusNecrosPosted 3/6/2013 6:13:56 AM
Narolf posted...
Not sure of how spouting lies can be backed by "nice intentions".

At any rate, biases aside, you're right: there is no way to know who is wrong and right in this day and age. I'm personally inclined to believe quite a bit of people enjoy toying with that notion. Regardless, there remains a clean and cut fact out of that pile.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=49113687&postcount=63

In more than five years of GAFfing, that was the only time Kagari had been wrong.

Well for one, we can't gauge on what's a lie...yet.

But as you've pointed out what I've said before: We shall see in due time.
---
#74Rose_of_MayPosted 3/6/2013 6:28:59 AM(edited)
Aryllies posted...

Anyways, regarding all the cross forum disparaging, there really is no need for this.

Enjoy your games and feel free to believe whoever based on their track record or gut instinct. I'm not doing this for fame or any vain reason. I told people about ATB because I didn't like people getting their hopes up for no reason. I told people about BD localisation because the players on the Gfaqs forum seemed truly concerned about the game future.

If people believe my "revelations" (although I really didn't leak much to be honest) were simple educated guesses, so be it. I'll just ask them to double check the timing of those, especially regarding the outcome of the localisation meetings.

Regarding the user called Kagari on the Neogaf forum. I don't really mind being called "full of fecal matter" as if my goal was to be believed by everyone, I don't think I would have posted on a semi dead forum board on the internet.
I also would never berate someone I never had any contact with, but that may have to do with my education.
I respect your opinion and doubts as you are more than entitled to have both.

Long live Gamefaqs and thank you to CJayC for creating one of my favourite websites.
It's still a damn fine website with a nice and passionate community. Let's keep it that way.
Enjoy the games when they come, for they will.

Hehe. I think I'm partially to blame for that.

Anyway, thanks Aryllies. I don't know what to make of these rumors but you sound like an honest guy ( or are you? >.> <.<) and what you shared is quite intriguing to say the least.

All I can say is that I hope SE confirms something this year.
#75Kumori_no_YoruPosted 3/6/2013 6:34:03 AM
To our Kotaku writer friend: No I do not live in France contrary to my Gfaqs profile or whatever info you may gather from a skillful google search. I live in Tokyo, Japan (and if anything, that's quite easy to prove.)
When you asked me if I could elaborate on what I had said, I told you that for security purposes I'd rather not reveal my name to a Gawker site journalist.

I also wasn't very impressed when you told me :

"If I promise not to use you as a source, could you provide proof of your identity in some way? Just so I know you're telling the truth?"

Yes Jason, I would love to divulge my identity to websites with an impeccable track record when it comes to security. Especially when they tell me they're not going to use me as a source.
I also appreciate a professional journalist discussing potential sources not sounding credible on high traffic websites.
High risk zero reward is far from being my motto in life.
(see http://www.forbes.com/sites/firewall/2010/12/13/the-lessons-of-gawkers-security-mess/)

I feel bad for questioning you since you've been really kind to those of us on the BDFF board, but I appreciate honesty:

You mentioned it would be easy to prove your location. I won't expect you to reveal that on a public forum (and I wouldn't want you to), so I'd be content with a PM if you're comfortable with that.

Aside from that... It's easy for someone to claim they had a Gawker journalist asking them straight up for information. Is it possible for you to clarify that as well?

I can understand the first question not really wanting to be answered for privacy reasons, but I'd say the latter is easier to approach.

Can't say I care too much for Versus stuff, though -- I've gotten to the point where I simply adapted to lack of info given and assume it'll come when it's ready.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sly 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening
#76ArylliesPosted 3/6/2013 7:10:59 AM(edited)
Well of course.

Regarding my location, I believe this picture should be enough. (If it's not, feel free to make more specific requests.)

http://cl.ly/NMpg

(Edited as the last one didn't work)

Regarding my exchange with Jason from Kotaku here is the full exchange:
(As he didn't mind discussing it himself on a public forum, I won't mind either.)

The ###### symbols are edited parts for anonymity/safety reasons.

Gamefaqs PM:

Hey there.

I'm a writer for Kotaku. I saw your posts on GameFAQs, and I'm wondering if you'd like to chat about Bravely Default? I'd love to be able to inform my readers - who are very excited for the game - that it's coming to the West. But I'd like to verify some of the info you're providing.

Happy to keep you totally anonymous, of course.

If you're interested, please hit me up: jason@kotaku.com

Thanks,
Jason

Sent by S#####(edited) to Aryllies on 2/26/2013 7:18:38 AM

Hello Jason.

While I appreciate the interest, I have to decline your request.

The reason for this is quite simple really, the fact is that those##################### I am privy to ########## and as such it would be extremely easy to single me out. Anonymity wouldn't be of much help.

Talking about it on video games forum is one thing that Square Enix doesn't really pay attention to, seeing it on a website which is part of the Gawker media network is another entirely.

Thanks for the interest however. There should be an official announcement within the first quarter if everything goes smoothly.

Have a nice day.

Sent by Aryllies to S####### on 2/26/2013 2:39:39 PM

Then by email, where I give him the information directly about the Twitter feed.

Hello Jason.

As I told you in my Gamefaqs message, I can't be used as a source as it'd be far too easy to single me out and ask me to resign.

However here's what we've tweeted today:

https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL/status/307441160241180672

Enjoy and feel free if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Let the Kotaku readers know. ;)

Just a bonus info however: No starting deadlines have been set.

His answer:

Thanks, Aryllies. I'm sure fans will be very pleased.

If I promise not to use you as a source, could you provide proof of your identity in some way? Just so I know you're telling the truth?

And finally:

Hello again,

If you promise not to use me as a source, you don't need my name, nevermind proof that I'm telling the truth.

The link I'm sending is to the official feed for Bravely Default. I hope that is truth enough for you. ;) (I promise I didn't hack their account.)

Have a great evening and good luck with the article.

I believe I remained courteous all the way throughout and went out of my way to let him know about the official tweet.

Anyways, there's no need to epilogue on this. People are free to trust and distrust as they wish. Have a nice evening/morning or whatever and enjoy the game WHEN they come.

PS: I do not know the creator of this thread nor do I endorse what he said. However as things stand, anyone's word is as good any other isn't that right?
I do not mean to downplay the Neogaf users opinions. If anything, hunger is the best sauce, discussion the best starter.
#77MagiusNecrosPosted 3/6/2013 7:03:48 AM
Well I choose to believe you and even if false it's given me a spark of hope for BDFF and that's all I need.
---
#78UltimaXOmegaPosted 3/6/2013 7:04:03 AM
Exentryk posted...
Hold on a sec... Versus is NOT AN ACTION RPG???!!!

If the battle system is not like Kingdom Hearts, then I give up. =/

---
The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic-Joseph Stalin
Official God of the Uchiha the legendary Madara Uchiha of the UNS3 boards
#79HitagiPosted 3/6/2013 7:06:00 AM
Narolf posted...
She knows what is going on behind the scenes, she just can't reveal any of those "facts".

It's cute you remotely believe that.
#80NarolfPosted 3/6/2013 7:26:09 AM
Why would she make sh*t up then?