What's actually going on with Versus + other news

#1IkaleaPosted 3/5/2013 8:34:32 PM
Alright, after viewing the whole debacle with psxphreak, Aryllies, and Neogaf, I've decided to clear the confusion about what's been going on with Versus.

Much to my dismay, I can't say too much to validate my claim other than I work at the North American branch of Square Enix. I know that's hardly any proof at all, but obviously I would get my ass fired if I revealed much more.

I want to say this first: Both Psxphreak and Aryllies's rumors are completely false. Versus is currently planned for the PS4 and will be rebranded as Final Fantasy XVersus. It will still retain the Kingdom Hearts-type combat and most of the original assists have been reworked for the PS4

After a recent conference we were told the game is about 70% complete at this time and is set to be revealed at E3 with additional info to come at TGS and other events.

0ur conference was held last month and while this doesn't relate to Versus I thought you guys would might like to know. They informed us that Bravely Default and Dragon Quest VII are planned for localization. Dragon Quest X is being considered for localization, but would most likely be digital only with a subscription fee.

XVersus also looked stunning from the screens they showed up, utilizing the PS4's graphical capbilites. No video was shown though.

In addition to all of this

Sqaure Enix is aiming for this to be their prime title for 2014 with nothing else "major" being released around the launch window.

And finally, I hope you guys find some shred of truth in my post. I know some random rumor from a nameless "employee" on Game

FAQs of all things isn't much to go on, but when this turns out to be true I hope you stop back and think "hey, this guy was actually right."

Also I had to type this on my mobile so I'm sorry if there's any weird formatting issues or types.

Good luck and best wishes. ~Ikelea
#2theofficefan99Posted 3/5/2013 8:44:29 PM
I don't know what to believe anymore.

And this sounds... IDK.

I kind of don't want it to be a PS4-exclusive 2014 release :p

A PS3 Q4 2013 would be great................................ but I know that's probably not going to happen.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3zUkUuPosted 3/5/2013 8:49:46 PM
True or not, Final Fanatasy XV(ersus) is kinda smart. Too smart for square.
#4EscaSyraPosted 3/5/2013 8:50:34 PM
Hey, look! It's an alt account!
#5theofficefan99Posted 3/5/2013 8:50:39 PM
zUkUu posted...
True or not, Final Fanatasy XV(ersus) is kinda smart. Too smart for square.

Not really. Sounds like a weird-ass title. How the hell do you even pronounce that?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6theofficefan99Posted 3/5/2013 8:52:02 PM
EscaSyra posted...
Hey, look! It's an alt account!

That's what I was thinking.

I just get so naive when it comes to Versus XIII because I want the game to be in my hands ASAP and I'll believe anything if it quells my anger a little bit.
---
#7theofficefan99Posted 3/5/2013 8:53:59 PM
Also, if you work at SE...

1) Why do you not have a VIP account?

2) Sounds like info that's a little too specific if your job is on the line, don't you think?
---
#8ExtremeLightPosted 3/5/2013 9:02:27 PM
Better than that other topic at least. 7/10
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
#9GodXIIPosted 3/5/2013 9:34:49 PM(edited)
If those guys are right ( when we see it in E3 and TGS 2013 ), then Kagari should get banned in Neogaf forum and Neogaf should be banned themselves. Why? Because the mods allowed Kagari to play the troll and Neogaf members jumped on the train with Kagari.

( At the moment I cannot say Kagari is a troll/liar or not )

So, I can only say, let's wait and see if the infos are correct.
---
GTX 680 | i7 3770k | ASUS P8Z77-V-LX | Ram Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1866 C10 | SSD Samsung 830 128GB | HDD 2T Seagate Barracuda 64GB 7200rpm | Windows 7 64
#10SSj7CloudSPosted 3/5/2013 11:33:43 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Better than that other topic at least. 7/10

---
Playing: Grandia II, Shining Force EXA, The Last Story
PSN: jext77