Am I the only one who prefers a quick atb, instead of an action-rpg?

#31i8g4wlPosted 3/7/2013 2:50:50 AM
TriangleHard posted...
Danahell posted...
I like both (for some reason in gamefaqs it seems impossible to like more than one thing equally, you must like some thing more than the other)

i like both too, but considering how many action games we have and how little turn based game we have, we dont need another turn based franchise go action

Yeah exactly what I'm thinking.
During this gen how many turn-based did we get? Almost none.
Diversity leads to creativity.
#32kilaude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 4:26:55 AM
i8g4wl posted...
TriangleHard posted...
Danahell posted...
I like both (for some reason in gamefaqs it seems impossible to like more than one thing equally, you must like some thing more than the other)

i like both too, but considering how many action games we have and how little turn based game we have, we dont need another turn based franchise go action

Thank you, my thoughts exactly.
#33MonkeySeraphPosted 3/7/2013 8:55:15 AM
i8g4wl posted...
TriangleHard posted...
Danahell posted...

I........ you have no idea what your talking about.
---
Hero of the Mad King war.
#34SugarBoogersPosted 3/7/2013 9:49:39 AM
ATB takes the worst parts of real-time combat and turnbased and just becomes frustrating.
---
Oh delightful! The KH boards have gone to complete s*** and I was looking for a new place to chill.
- Me, being horribly mistaken about the Sticker Star Boards
#35ZendaikPosted 3/7/2013 11:25:23 AM
TriangleHard posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
Why can't we have an action mainline FF for just once!!!!????

Because that's not what FF fans want, and there's plenty of other franchises that does that.

Also one of the things FF fans like about FF is 40~50 hrs of grand adventure. Doing that with button mashing gameplay is not appealing to most. I got ****king sick of Dragon Age 2 quickly because of the most idiotic gameplay design I've ever seen. Ended up skipping fights as much as possible in that game. I have yet to finish Star Ocean 4 and Rogue Galaxy for that reason as well. At least I managed to finish previous Star Ocean games due to interesting story, but recent one bored the cr@p out of me with ridiculously long dungeon designs.

Action sucks in extended gameplay, unless it is well paced. If a game is designed for short sessions like Dark Souls or Monster Hunter, that's fine. Having action button masher like Kingdom Hearts? No thanks. ESPECIALLY because Kingdom Hearts worked well due to having multiple small worlds they were able to create. FF worlds are usually one large world that you explore (except when Toriyama makes the game) and that would make it difficult for level designers to create compelling world for players to explore while having proper action feel.

If you want FF game with action gameplay, just play Dragon's Dogma. That's probably the best Square can come up with anyway.

Speak for yourself. Lots of people have an interest in Versus because SE are not dancing around the action RPG bush like with recent games and are actually making it an action RPG. Large world + KH combat sounds amazing.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#36BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 3/7/2013 8:18:43 PM
KH gameplay is absolutely God Tier. It so much fun and an amazing experience. If Versus isn't an action rpg like KH then I am ****ing dropping this game so fast.
---
(Currently thinking of a clever and original signature...... this could take a ****ing while)
#37ExtremeLightPosted 3/7/2013 8:32:17 PM
i8g4wl posted...
TriangleHard posted...
Danahell posted...

Lol what?
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.