Man, screw NeoGAF! I'm so sick and tired of that awful FF community!

#11TruthPosted 3/6/2013 12:45:08 PM
The FF community on NeoGAF is garbage. It's filled with a bunch of elitists that think they know everything about SQEX Japan when in reality they don't know anything. Have you read their FF threads? They're mostly filled with posts about FF rankings, countless Toriyama bashing and people stating what's wrong with modern SQEX Japan and what they need to do in order to save the FF series.

Also, they have a track record of being wrong with their predictions:

For example, a mod on NeoGAF called duckroll said back in July 2009 that Hiroshi Minagawa had likely left SQEX Japan. This was his speculation and it turned out to be completely wrong. Minagawa is still at the company. That's a NeoGAF making BS and misinformed predictions.

Here's the source:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16913249&postcount=203

And now we come to the real problem: The infamous Kagari. Have we all forgotten her massive failure in predictions?

1) She said that FFXIII would never come to the 360 as Sony have bought exclusivity like MGS4.
2) She said that there would never be FFXIII-2 due to the poor reception of FFXIII.
3) She said that FF Versus XIII will release before FFXIII-2 and will likely release in Japan in Q4 2011.
4) She said that there would never be a FFXIII-3 (LR).
5) She said that Type-0 would definitely release in the West.
6) She said that FF Versus XIII would be at TGS 2012.

Look at that prediction mess! She has a track record of being wrong even more than being right on really important information. She don't know enough about the inner workings of SQEX Japan. Why should anybody believe her word like it's coming from a SQEX Japan executive? Her knowing people inside SQEX America is worthless as SQEX Japan keep to themselves and only contact SQEX America when a game is ready to be released in that territory.

Really, the FF community of GameFAQs is far superior to the one on NeoGAF. Too many users there have a delusional superiority complex with the FF series and SQEX Japan.

Lastly, I believe Aryllies. I say this as the user that created the infamous FFXV rumor back in July 2012. I know BS when I read it and this user is different in his style of posting; it's different from somebody trying to mislead and create false rumors. There's an sense of honesty about him.

I'm choosing to believe in him until SQEX release info that 100% proves him false. Kagari and those other deluded NeoGAF elitists can shove it.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#2VanilleHopenPosted 3/6/2013 12:51:50 PM
let them be.. NeoGAF is the place nerds go too fit in.. Everyone needs that place where they can feel special.
---
Hope misses Vanille's smile :(.
#3MonkeySeraphPosted 3/6/2013 12:53:08 PM
VanilleHopen posted...
let them be.. NeoGAF is the place nerds go too fit in.. Everyone needs that place where they can feel special.

.......................not sure if serious.
---
Hero of the Mad King war.
#4EventualDeclinePosted 3/6/2013 12:57:44 PM
1Truth posted...
Have you read their FF threads? They're mostly filled with posts about FF rankings, countless Toriyama bashing and people stating what's wrong with modern SQEX Japan and what they need to do in order to save the FF series.

You mean like here?

And your criticism of NeoGAF would be more credible if you weren't posting this on Gamefaqs, the laughing stock of the internet and the dumbest gaming community to be found anywhere. I would know, I've been here for over 12 years, and the quality of the posters here are quite low. I know what I'm talking about.

NeoGAF attracts an older crowd and it IS a more intelligent community with a higher caliber of posts and posters. Gamefaqs is like a daycare service for snot nosed little kids.
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#5mogensuPosted 3/6/2013 1:12:53 PM(edited)
I feel a bit like a nerd for being on gamefaqs. But NeoGaf is just... Out of my league.
And no, it is not more intelligent. There are more serious posters, but because of that, it is kinda embarrassing how wrong a forum can be.
#6EscaSyraPosted 3/6/2013 1:13:37 PM
EventualDecline posted...
1Truth posted...
Have you read their FF threads? They're mostly filled with posts about FF rankings, countless Toriyama bashing and people stating what's wrong with modern SQEX Japan and what they need to do in order to save the FF series.

You mean like here?

And your criticism of NeoGAF would be more credible if you weren't posting this on Gamefaqs, the laughing stock of the internet and the dumbest gaming community to be found anywhere. I would know, I've been here for over 12 years, and the quality of the posters here are quite low. I know what I'm talking about.

NeoGAF attracts an older crowd and it IS a more intelligent community with a higher caliber of posts and posters. Gamefaqs is like a daycare service for snot nosed little kids.

You really sound mature with that post. If people from NeoGAF act like you, then I need to buy everyone there some tissues for their leaky nasal cavities.
#7RazLordPosted 3/6/2013 1:16:35 PM
I have to agree with EventualDecline though I feel every community has its pros and cons. Though personally, I don't mind Toriyama bashing at all.

Anyways, while I can fully understand that Kagari has some privileges with Square, the whole "goddess complex" a few people on GAF have for her is well, rather annoying to see. Call me a fool but while I did have doubts over Aryllies' claims after all this, I'm choosing to believe him after he provided an image as proof that he's in Japan and not in France as previously said. It doesn't sound like much but I suppose it helps that I respect how courteous he is even after all this mudslinging.

Either way, I'll be hopeful of seeing Versus released by year's end or early 2014.

Along with Bravely Default but that's a different topic.
#81Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2013 1:17:31 PM
EventualDecline posted...
1Truth posted...

You mean like here?

GameFAQs is not the dumbest gaming community. If you go to a board for a certain released game, you'll find highly intelligent and knowledgeable users that know almost everything about the game. Sure, there are the dumb posters and trolls, but they are not the majority unless you go to a board that attracts them.

I accept your criticism as you've been here for so long, but I've been here since November 2003 (this is an alt account) and I've seen that for certain games that have been out for a few years, you begin to see a dedicated and knowledgeable group of users stay on that game's board to discuss the game and challenges.

Also, it's true that NeoGAF attracts an older crows, but the FF community is worse than the FF community of GameFAQs. I read through threads on both forums and can make the comparison. What's most worse is the delusion that they can predict everything that's going on at SQEX Japan such as staff leaving and when games will be released and then spout it like it's a certainty.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#9mogensuPosted 3/6/2013 1:18:22 PM
RazLord posted...

Either way, I'll be hopeful of seeing Versus released by year's end or early 2014.

What?
#10Kumori_no_YoruPosted 3/6/2013 1:26:16 PM
...I feel every community has its share of morons, it's just a matter of how policed they are. NeoGAF does manage things better, but it definitely isn't void of morons either. GameFAQs has a larger portion of morons, but that comes with the package of free access to membership.

I've nothing against Kagari at all, but I'd say the goddess complex some people drum up regarding her can get obnoxious at times. That's about it.
---
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sly 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening