Were any of you ever more excited about a game before Versus?

#1aeoxeternalPosted 3/8/2013 1:09:05 PM
I've known about Versus since it's dawning, and was mildly excited or it. Since then, I check up on speculation once in a while and even got more excited in January 2011. But for some reason, I just recently gained this unending urge for this game a few weeks ago (could have been the shakespeare-esque storyline that I thought about which attracted me).
Anyhow, that moment when you know that a certain game was coming out, and you just felt like you couldn't wait, you just had to have it. What game was it and how long ago? I haven't been excited or obsessed about a game in quite some time. I think the last time before versus, it was Super Smash Bros Brawl back in High School roughly 4-5 years ago.
Before that, it was budokai tenkaichi (in middle school i think), which turned out to be a huge disappointment after so much obsession and when I was finished playing it after a couple days, I realized that I didn't care for it all that much and it could have been better.
There are few games I obsess over, but when i do.... the craving is insatiable.
Any of you bros know this feel?
#2Dethgaze66Posted 3/8/2013 1:29:25 PM
Haha I'm pretty much the same way.
We all know that feel bro.
---
Heavy F*cking Metal \m/
#3Fairy_WalnutPosted 3/8/2013 2:12:29 PM
I'm with you too. I can't stop thinking about this game and I have never ever done that except way back as a child anticipating the next Megaman game. I go to sites everyday looking and hoping for new info.
#4aeoxeternal(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 2:45:17 PM
Fairy_Walnut posted...
I'm with you too. I can't stop thinking about this game and I have never ever done that except way back as a child anticipating the next Megaman game. I go to sites everyday looking and hoping for new info.

Yeah, most of us, I'm sure, do that!
Exentryk is the guy who always brings us news from Gaf and other sites as well. He gives us some news to dwell on lol. Since others have ways of finding news via twitter, famitsu, etc., i tend to just wait for news to hit gamefaqs so i check here regularly.
#5SSj7CloudSPosted 3/8/2013 2:59:46 PM
Before Versus? Xenoblade, and then really was hoping to see Mega Man Legends 3 before that. Now I just replay the collectors edition of both the classics and X series whenever I feel in the mood for busting up some bots.
---
Playing: Grandia II, Shining Force EXA, The Last Story
PSN: jext77
#6aeoxeternal(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 3:03:38 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
Before Versus? Xenoblade, and then really was hoping to see Mega Man Legends 3 before that. Now I just replay the collectors edition of both the classics and X series whenever I feel in the mood for busting up some bots.

To be completely honest, I've only heard of Xenoblade recently because of the Wii U's "X" and it looks amazing, I wanted to grab the game... but it seems to be quite expensive now -_-
#7SSj7CloudSPosted 3/8/2013 3:06:20 PM
aeoxeternal posted...
SSj7CloudS posted...

To be completely honest, I've only heard of Xenoblade recently because of the Wii U's "X" and it looks amazing, I wanted to grab the game... but it seems to be quite expensive now -_-

I'm afraid it won't be getting any better unless Nintendo does another reprint and that isn't looking too likely. Most anyone who wants a copy now is easily looking to have to pay $100 or more for it.
---
#8Panda_KunPosted 3/8/2013 3:06:21 PM
aeoxeternal posted...
SSj7CloudS posted...

I got mines for free :D
---
"To be a man, you must have honor and a p****!"
#9aeoxeternal(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 3:17:05 PM
SSj7CloudS posted...
I'm afraid it won't be getting any better unless Nintendo does another reprint and that isn't looking too likely. Most anyone who wants a copy now is easily looking to have to pay $100 or more for it.

I'm thinking I can just wait for Monolithsoft's next game to come out and I'll enjoy that one! Rather than paying $100, which I'm actually sure it's worth, but i'd rather wait it out.
#10SSj7CloudSPosted 3/8/2013 3:29:47 PM
aeoxeternal posted...
SSj7CloudS posted...

I'm thinking I can just wait for Monolithsoft's next game to come out and I'll enjoy that one! Rather than paying $100, which I'm actually sure it's worth, but i'd rather wait it out.

If you have the Wii U already then that's probably the better way to go about it, it is a lot of money to drop on just one game. I will say it is a fantastic game and time sink at ~160-170 hours to 100%, even just a normal run of the game will get you close to the 90-100 hour mark. Whether that's something you feel is worth the current price tag is another thing.
---