Were any of you ever more excited about a game before Versus?

#11theofficefan99Posted 3/8/2013 4:04:37 PM
The last time I felt this way was with Final Fantasy XIII, and then Resonance of Fate before that, and then Star Ocean IV before that, and then Infinite Undiscovery before that, and then Final Fantasy XII before that....
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#12PillsberyDoeManPosted 3/8/2013 4:24:30 PM(edited)
these are the games that i've been most excited about over the last several years. they're on the same level as versus (or very close to it).

borderlands 2, mass effect 3, skyward sword, portal 2, final fantasy 13, mass effect 2, smash brawl, twilight princess, final fantasy 12, kingdom hearts 2.

also looking forward to batman: arkam 3, half life 3 and the next zelda as much.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#13ExtremeLightPosted 3/8/2013 4:33:09 PM
Before Versus?
1.) Call of Duty 3
2.) Kingdom Hearts 2
3.) Final Fantasy X-2

However, I had never anticipated a game, like I do with Versus.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#14BlueDragmirePosted 3/8/2013 4:35:05 PM
I was most excited for Twilight Princess back in 2006. And right now, I'm most excited for Bravely Default and Bioshock Infinite.
---
The official monarch of every single board.
http://bluehighwind.blogspot.com/
#15Ecclesiastes273Posted 3/8/2013 5:17:20 PM
Final Fantasy VI
Own FF2(4) on the SNES. Play it all day erry day for months with your dad and/or brother.
Never follow up on gaming.
Walk into a Toys-R-Us.
OMFG FINAL FANTASY 3(6)!!!
Dad says me and my brother have to agree on a game.
My brother is looking at Donkey Kong Country 2.
I lie my ass off. It's the same game, just with different enemies.
He buys it. He trusts me.
We get FF3(6).
I'm drooling over the character artwork and game info in the manual. I always read the manual first. Let the chumps flail around while I'm learning how to do it right.
We turn the game on.
Black screen. White title. This just got real.
Storm clouds and organ chords, suckas.
Me and my brother are in chills.
DDAAAAAAAADUUUUHHHHHHHHH
MOM DAD COME HERE
Whole family watches the intro in dead silence.
Start playing.
OMFG 2 PLAYER

Ocarina of Time. Buy it on preorder.
Fire it up.
Name entry.
MASH DAT ****ING A BUTTON.
Played the entire game as AAAAAA, no regrets.

You kids don't know what hype is.
---
Seven. Point. Five.
#16heartlesshero17Posted 3/8/2013 5:58:30 PM
aeoxeternal posted...
I've known about Versus since it's dawning, and was mildly excited or it. Since then, I check up on speculation once in a while and even got more excited in January 2011. But for some reason, I just recently gained this unending urge for this game a few weeks ago (could have been the shakespeare-esque storyline that I thought about which attracted me).
Anyhow, that moment when you know that a certain game was coming out, and you just felt like you couldn't wait, you just had to have it. What game was it and how long ago? I haven't been excited or obsessed about a game in quite some time. I think the last time before versus, it was Super Smash Bros Brawl back in High School roughly 4-5 years ago.
Before that, it was budokai tenkaichi (in middle school i think), which turned out to be a huge disappointment after so much obsession and when I was finished playing it after a couple days, I realized that I didn't care for it all that much and it could have been better.
There are few games I obsess over, but when i do.... the craving is insatiable.
Any of you bros know this feel?

Haha as a kid I was also extremely excited for budokai tenkaichi and smash bros.

Also even before that I remember being pretty excited for sonic adventure 2 battle on GameCube.

More recent, skyward sword.
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#17AeoxEternal(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 6:09:14 PM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
Final Fantasy VI
Own FF2(4) on the SNES. Play it all day erry day for months with your dad and/or brother.
Walk into a Toys-R-Us.
We get FF3(6).
I'm drooling over the character artwork and game info in the manual. I always read the manual first. Let the chumps flail around while I'm learning how to do it right.
We turn the game on.
DDAAAAAAAADUUUUHHHHHHHHH
MOM DAD COME HERE
Start playing.
OMFG 2 PLAYER

Fire it up.
Name entry.

Oh God, I laughed so hard, you don't even know. You took a good, cherished, mediocre memory and made it comedy explained in interesting detail

heartlesshero17 posted...
Haha as a kid I was also extremely excited for budokai tenkaichi and smash bros.

Also even before that I remember being pretty excited for sonic adventure 2 battle on GameCube.

I used to play the **** out of sonic adventure 2 battle.... the chao man.... THE CHAO.....
As for Zelda... I just recently bought Skyward Sword and I just can't get into it. I like it a lot, I just can't play it for more than like 30 minutes for some reason, I don't know what it is.
#18heartlesshero17Posted 3/8/2013 6:22:44 PM
aeoxeternal posted...
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
Final Fantasy VI
Walk into a Toys-R-Us.
We get FF3(6).
We turn the game on.
DDAAAAAAAADUUUUHHHHHHHHH
MOM DAD COME HERE
Start playing.
OMFG 2 PLAYER

Fire it up.
Name entry.

Oh God, I laughed so hard, you don't even know. You took a good, cherished, mediocre memory and made it comedy explained in interesting detail

heartlesshero17 posted...

I used to play the **** out of sonic adventure 2 battle.... the chao man.... THE CHAO.....
As for Zelda... I just recently bought Skyward Sword and I just can't get into it. I like it a lot, I just can't play it for more than like 30 minutes for some reason, I don't know what it is.

I got very involved in the chao garden. I ended up with every chao possible. Was...pretty awesome. Saddest moments are when a chao grows to old to stick around

Zelda I just always like it seems. The few weak moments in SS (******* tad tones) didn't put me off of it.

But man tenkaichi. I was flipping out when the release date was coming up. At this point I wasn't into dbz like I was as a kid, but the thought of just flying around beating eachother up like in the anime made me way to damn excited. I played it so damn much. And then I realized that I actually like the other budokai games more
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#19sordanPosted 3/8/2013 8:16:41 PM
I've never been more excited in all my life for a game. It's weird because I doubt I'll ever feel this way about a game again. Maybe KH3.
#20utsusuPosted 3/8/2013 8:27:24 PM
sordan posted...
I've never been more excited in all my life for a game. It's weird because I doubt I'll ever feel this way about a game again. Maybe KH3.

Then you'd better pray that Versus makes it to shelves because, as long as it's in development, KH3 won't ever see the light of day.