You know, it's no wonder this game is taking so long.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. You know, it's no wonder this game is taking so long.
3 years ago#1
Seriously people, don't be so surprised and dismayed. Let's take a look at it, shall we? Who is making Versus XIII? The Kingdom Hearts team, the team that made KH I and II. Both perhaps 30-50 hour games, the second one being extremely linear.

This same team took on the task of making a FF with a world map, HD graphics, a completely different style of story for the FF series, an FF "never seen before" as quoted by Nomura, a game that uses like 2 or 3 different engines: Luminous for the lighting, something for the combat/gameplay system, Crystal Tools for character modelling, unless that's been changed to something else.

The same team that turned KH II into a corridor is the one behind Versus. Therefore, 7 years or more of development pretty much meets expectations.

Despite this, SE is not excused from refusing us info. I WANT MY VERSUS TRAILERS SE! NAO
Look alive, you fools.
3 years ago#2
The AC team is also working on it, and you do realize that a lot of the KH team have experience with FF because a lot of them worked on older FF's?

But yes Versus seems like a heavy task with adventurous, overreaching goals, and they're using three engines at once? - that's what I think is taking so long, developing engines.
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFX
3 years ago#3
Also the team being pulled to work on other games.
3 years ago#4
not to mention full production didnt happen till recently
PSN: Rojo-_- /state you're a Gf's user in your friend request.
3 years ago#5
zombie_basher13 posted...
Seriously people, don't be so surprised and dismayed. Let's take a look at it, shall we? Who is making Versus XIII? The Kingdom Hearts team, the team that made KH I and II. Both perhaps 30-50 hour games, the second one being extremely linear.

This same team took on the task of making a FF with a world map, HD graphics, a completely different style of story for the FF series, an FF "never seen before" as quoted by Nomura, a game that uses like 2 or 3 different engines: Luminous for the lighting, something for the combat/gameplay system, Crystal Tools for character modelling, unless that's been changed to something else.

The same team that turned KH II into a corridor is the one behind Versus. Therefore, 7 years or more of development pretty much meets expectations.

Despite this, SE is not excused from refusing us info. I WANT MY VERSUS TRAILERS SE! NAO

KH2 was linear? Map design wise or gameplay wise? Either way, it doesn't even matter.

Two teams: AC and KH.

Also the main reason it's taking a while is because of the manpower being used toward 14: ARR.
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
3 years ago#6
wow, this topic actually makes a lot of sense
The Dawn of Sorrow is Approaching
3 years ago#7
They're refusing to show new footage and reveal new info because of Lightning Returns and XIV: A Realm Reborn. The worst part is that I don't care about either of those games.
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
3 years ago#8
theofficefan99 posted...
They're refusing to show new footage and reveal new info because of Lightning Returns and XIV: A Realm Reborn. The worst part is that I don't care about either of those games.

But many others do.

FFXIII games are selling good, and they want to milk them as much as possible before Versus.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they force Nomura to make a Versus-2 if it had decent sales.
Versus XIII is probably a PS4 game now.
Formerly known as HeartKey_XIII
3 years ago#9
zombie_basher13 posted...
This same team took on the task of making a FF with a world map, HD graphics, a completely different style of story for the FF series, an FF "never to be seen" as quoted by Nomura, a game that uses like 2 or 3 different engines: Luminous for the lighting, something for the combat/gameplay system, Crystal Tools for character modelling, unless that's been changed to something else.

Fix'd
3 years ago#10
@ those saying they worked on AC: that's a frikin movie, how does that even matter? There's no complex gameplay systems or giant world with code to program in it, it's a set path with set scenes.
Look alive, you fools.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. You know, it's no wonder this game is taking so long.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived