You know, it's no wonder this game is taking so long.

#1zombie_basher13Posted 3/9/2013 5:20:22 AM
Seriously people, don't be so surprised and dismayed. Let's take a look at it, shall we? Who is making Versus XIII? The Kingdom Hearts team, the team that made KH I and II. Both perhaps 30-50 hour games, the second one being extremely linear.

This same team took on the task of making a FF with a world map, HD graphics, a completely different style of story for the FF series, an FF "never seen before" as quoted by Nomura, a game that uses like 2 or 3 different engines: Luminous for the lighting, something for the combat/gameplay system, Crystal Tools for character modelling, unless that's been changed to something else.

The same team that turned KH II into a corridor is the one behind Versus. Therefore, 7 years or more of development pretty much meets expectations.

Despite this, SE is not excused from refusing us info. I WANT MY VERSUS TRAILERS SE! NAO
---
Look alive, you fools.
#2CokaineCowboy77Posted 3/9/2013 5:49:00 AM
The AC team is also working on it, and you do realize that a lot of the KH team have experience with FF because a lot of them worked on older FF's?

But yes Versus seems like a heavy task with adventurous, overreaching goals, and they're using three engines at once? - that's what I think is taking so long, developing engines.
---
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFX
#3VunksPosted 3/9/2013 5:59:15 AM
Also the team being pulled to work on other games.
#4Rojo_Posted 3/9/2013 6:01:07 AM
not to mention full production didnt happen till recently
---
PSN: Rojo-_- /state you're a Gf's user in your friend request.
#5ExtremeLightPosted 3/9/2013 7:49:09 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Seriously people, don't be so surprised and dismayed. Let's take a look at it, shall we? Who is making Versus XIII? The Kingdom Hearts team, the team that made KH I and II. Both perhaps 30-50 hour games, the second one being extremely linear.

This same team took on the task of making a FF with a world map, HD graphics, a completely different style of story for the FF series, an FF "never seen before" as quoted by Nomura, a game that uses like 2 or 3 different engines: Luminous for the lighting, something for the combat/gameplay system, Crystal Tools for character modelling, unless that's been changed to something else.

The same team that turned KH II into a corridor is the one behind Versus. Therefore, 7 years or more of development pretty much meets expectations.

Despite this, SE is not excused from refusing us info. I WANT MY VERSUS TRAILERS SE! NAO

KH2 was linear? Map design wise or gameplay wise? Either way, it doesn't even matter.

Two teams: AC and KH.

Also the main reason it's taking a while is because of the manpower being used toward 14: ARR.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#6Sorrow_EnderPosted 3/9/2013 9:22:26 AM
wow, this topic actually makes a lot of sense
---
The Dawn of Sorrow is Approaching
#7theofficefan99Posted 3/9/2013 9:33:40 AM
They're refusing to show new footage and reveal new info because of Lightning Returns and XIV: A Realm Reborn. The worst part is that I don't care about either of those games.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#8Wise_PotatoPosted 3/9/2013 9:40:32 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
They're refusing to show new footage and reveal new info because of Lightning Returns and XIV: A Realm Reborn. The worst part is that I don't care about either of those games.

But many others do.

FFXIII games are selling good, and they want to milk them as much as possible before Versus.

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they force Nomura to make a Versus-2 if it had decent sales.
---
Versus XIII is probably a PS4 game now.
Formerly known as HeartKey_XIII
#9DuFuqPosted 3/9/2013 12:44:34 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
This same team took on the task of making a FF with a world map, HD graphics, a completely different style of story for the FF series, an FF "never to be seen" as quoted by Nomura, a game that uses like 2 or 3 different engines: Luminous for the lighting, something for the combat/gameplay system, Crystal Tools for character modelling, unless that's been changed to something else.

Fix'd
#10zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 1:14:40 PM
@ those saying they worked on AC: that's a frikin movie, how does that even matter? There's no complex gameplay systems or giant world with code to program in it, it's a set path with set scenes.
---
Look alive, you fools.