How Difficult Should Versus Be?

#1Dinah7Posted 3/10/2013 2:41:51 PM
Considering the relatively easy XIII and XIII-2, I think Versus may be pretty easy as well. How difficult do you want it to be? I'd like something like KH1 Proud Mode(I thought it was pretty hardcore, some early bosses were tough, the struggle was real :,(
#2GuitaristMattPosted 3/10/2013 3:02:05 PM
XIII was easy, but it if you didn't do stuff correctly the battles would last several hours. I think Versus on normal should be extremely difficult. Hard mode should make you fight bosses for 45 minutes minimum, jumping dodging, slicin' dicin'.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
#3ExtremeLightPosted 3/10/2013 3:03:39 PM
It should had different level. I trust Nomura can implement varying difficulty as with KH2. But please don't limit secret ending to difficulty.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#4zUkUuPosted 3/10/2013 3:12:12 PM
The harder the better. The low difficulty pulled down FF 6 tremendously for instance. FF 7 felt right. Hard super bosses, hard story bosses (without leveling). Could even be harder then that.
#5peonusPosted 3/10/2013 3:12:27 PM
Rather than difficult, it should be long.

With a bunch of sidequests and worldbuilding storylines to help immerse and develop the universe.
#6GuitaristMattPosted 3/10/2013 3:17:17 PM
peonus posted...

With a bunch of sidequests and worldbuilding storylines to help immerse and develop the universe.

This would be nice, but I can't help but think of Type-0 where some of the AI was just stupid. The one scene in the gameplay trailer for versus where everyone is in a field, I could see that just being *hack* *slash* done. Keep walking.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB
#7ExtremeLightPosted 3/10/2013 3:18:47 PM
peonus posted...

Not a bad idea. I'm sure people don't want a game where they dead at every single bosses in a long game which I expect Versus to be.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#8theofficefan99Posted 3/10/2013 3:35:29 PM
I expect it to be a little more difficult than Birth By Sleep. The mobs will be medium-difficult, and all of the bosses will be very challenging and require a good amount of skill and strategy.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#9sirauron15Posted 3/10/2013 3:48:38 PM
it should be fun, not so much hard, you should barely have to grind. basic to get gil. unlike FFXIII.
---
Where is the sense in all this? Braska believed in yevon's teaching and died for them , Jecht believed in braska and gave his life for him.
#10Lelouch71Posted 3/10/2013 4:06:31 PM
As hard as critical mode in KH3D and KH2FM on the highest difficulty. They should add different difficult choices. Not everyone like a hard game. Even then higher difficulty can come down to skill. People beaten KH2FM and under level 1. I suspect Versus will be the same.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"