Be honest: when's the last time you enjoyed a JRPG story?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Be honest: when's the last time you enjoyed a JRPG story?

User Info: fanofff6

fanofff6
3 years ago#1
Has anyone else not liked any JRPG stories this gen? I really liked Persona 3 & 4 but technically they were released on the PS2. I don't know if it's an age thing or if the writing has gotten worse (I'm sure nostalgia glasses are a factor) but I've found every JRPG for the PS3 cheesy and painful to sit through. It's still my favorite genre, but I wish they would hire better writers.

User Info: Exentryk

Exentryk
3 years ago#2
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii).

Now my 2nd favourite RPG of all time.
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.

User Info: EscaSyra

EscaSyra
3 years ago#3
XIII. While it did have low points, I still enjoyed it for it's high points.
The official Agrias Oaks of the FFXV board.

User Info: DoctorCrabMD

DoctorCrabMD
3 years ago#4
EscaSyra posted...
XIII. While it did have low points, I still enjoyed it for it's high points.

Same. FF XIII has some really great parts. I can see why people don't like the story or even the game itself but the intense, almost crazed hatred towards the game makes people look like drama queens.

User Info: legendfirefox

legendfirefox
3 years ago#5
Ni no kuni, the ending isn't that great but the game itself is great.
PSN - Legend-fox-86

User Info: nfobia

nfobia
3 years ago#6
NIER. Those who have played all the endings knows this. Its really hard to say if its the best game story of all time, but most depressive and heart-wrenching for sure. Cult classic already.

Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, Resonance of Fate, Radiant Historia... theres plenty i have enjoyed. Ni No Kuni apparently has high quality story too as expected, haven't played it yet.

Though there is lots of b-grade anime garbage too, cant deny that. But if you cant enjoy any of the stories from games mentioned so far, maybe this genre is not for you.

User Info: HarryMerryLarry

HarryMerryLarry
3 years ago#7
I second Ni No Kuni.
It's Tuesday! Did you bring a coat!?!
PSN: HarryMerryLarry XBL: Eron BAMF

User Info: Draum

Draum
3 years ago#8
I thought Xenoblades simple story was kinda cool. Sort of a Xeno lite, a great game to start on if you want to further explore the Xeno universe.

Best one for me is probably Nier. New game+ in that game is just horrible. It's like the developers hate you and feel the need to make you suffer. Man I love that game. Hope Drakengard gets a HD collection some day.
"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident".

User Info: poolsharky27

poolsharky27
3 years ago#9
Hnnnng Nier.

It just makes you feel so terrible and dead inside. It's amazing.
Plus there's a hermaphrodite(Kaine).

User Info: Kumori_no_Yoru

Kumori_no_Yoru
3 years ago#10
Probably BDFF, but I played that just about two months ago.

I see so much love for Nier, makes me wish I didn't pass up on it. Perhaps I should look into picking it up sometime soon...
PSN: Neophoton | NA 3DS: 2277-6964-8962 | JP 3DS: 2509-0978-4639
Currently playing: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Sly 4, Fire Emblem: Awakening
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy XV
  3. Be honest: when's the last time you enjoyed a JRPG story?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived