I just realized....

#21IppynPosted 3/13/2013 9:25:05 PM(edited)
ExtremeLight posted...
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
Who cares? It's just a kids game

So is FF...

Final Fantasy is quite clearly meant for more mature audiences than Kingdom Hearts. You don't see scenes of massacre and bloodshed anywhere in KH, yet it happens fairly often in the main FF series (see: FFVI's Siege of Doma, Burmecia and Cleyra in FFIX, and the overall dystopian setting of FFVII, among many other examples). And obviously, the inclusion of Disney characters in KH is a fairly straightforward indication of the group the series is marketed towards.

Not to mention that the KH games are rated E for Everyone while many of the FF games are T for Teen. So yeah, I wouldn't call FF a series for kids by any stretch of the imagination. Though I won't claim that younger audiences wouldn't get any enjoyment out of playing them either.
#22heartlessprinnyPosted 3/13/2013 10:13:58 PM(edited)
Ippyn posted...

Final Fantasy is quite clearly meant for more mature audiences than Kingdom Hearts. You don't see scenes of massacre and bloodshed anywhere in KH, yet it happens fairly often in the main FF series (see: FFVI's Siege of Doma, Burmecia and Cleyra in FFIX, and the overall dystopian setting of FFVII, among many other examples). And obviously, the inclusion of Disney characters in KH is a fairly straightforward indication of the group the series is marketed towards.

Not to mention that the KH games are rated E for Everyone while many of the FF games are T for Teen. So yeah, I wouldn't call FF a series for kids by any stretch of the imagination. Though I won't claim that younger audiences wouldn't get any enjoyment out of playing them either.

KH is meant for 10 year olds, and FF is meant for 13 year olds. At this point I'm so much older than both target demographics that it doesn't even matter.
#23grand_kaizerPosted 3/13/2013 11:41:49 PM
Graham_Chapman posted...
grand_kaizer posted...
It was revealed in 06. Where do you get your maths?

It began development in November 2005. Where do you get your information from?

Try again.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
#24Charizard18Posted 3/14/2013 8:13:36 AM
Ippyn posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
Who cares? It's just a kids game

So is FF...

Don't forget when you (the main character) murder some innocent townsfolk for their crystal, and later inadvertently set a town on fire and accidentally murder your future party member's mother

And when Kuja goes gorilla and blows up a planet.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"Ready--but watch out for the ULTIMATE TRAFFIC STOPPER: A POLICE ROADBLOCK."
#25Eddie___DeanPosted 3/14/2013 9:03:57 AM
It true- I believe Square has said that FF is targeted at Teens and they don't really intend to ever target them specifically at adults. KH is obviously going for an even younger demographic but even so- I think if the game is good, I'll enjoy it anyway. Not everything I play needs to be M-rated for me to enjoy it.
#26CokaineCowboy77Posted 3/14/2013 9:23:28 AM
My god.

FF can be played by kids.

KH is for kids

FF's demograph is not aimed at kids, while KH's is. Damn kids
---
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFX
#27heartlessprinnyPosted 3/16/2013 3:12:11 AM
My god.

FF can be played by kids.

KH is for kids

FF's demograph is not aimed at kids, while KH's is. Damn kids

Teenagers are just slightly older kids, so yes FF is targeted towards kids as well.