Drakengard 3 for PS3 in 2013. Hopefully means Versus is still for PS3, too.

#11TruthPosted 3/13/2013 1:01:41 AM(edited)
Look at the bottom left of this Famitsu scan. It shows that Drakengard 3 is for 2013:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFMzBrpCUAAgr8Z.jpg:large

So SQEX have announced a new HD game and plan to release it in the same year they've announced it? Wow.

That means the following are coming to PS3 this year from SQEX Japan:

- FFXIV A Realm Reborn: Summer 2013
- FFXIII Lightning Returns : Fall 2013
- KH 1.5 HD ReMIX: Fall 2013
- Drakengard 3: 2013

Not a bad. Hopefully, FF Versus XIII is still for PS3 and may release in Spring 2014. We also know that KH 2.5 HD ReMIX will release for PS3 sometime in 2014. I'm really starting to believe that Versus XIII is still for PS3 and will release in Spring 2014. Not long to wait now, guys! :)

EDIT: Also, in the Famitsu interview with Nomura about KH 1.5 HD ReMIX, he mentions that he wants people to prepare for the final battle coming to PS3 with the HD ReMIX games. If KHIII is still coming to PS3, there's no way that Versus XIII is going to be on PS4, especially seeing as it doesn't even use Luminous Studio for graphics and Nomura wants to use the Versus engine to make KHIII.

Here's the source on the Nomura quote:
http://anago.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1363149330/346
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#2VunksPosted 3/13/2013 1:12:34 AM
What if the reason vs 13 is taking so long is because he was working on both games.
#3zombie_basher13Posted 3/13/2013 2:07:03 AM
First of all, good lord, Drakengard 3 of all things releasing before Versus, when Drakengard was made by a now defunct company. LOL how sad is that?!

Secondly, this is awesome. I lvoe Drakengard even though it's probably mediocre in the eyes of most gamers or FF fans. Maybe this means SE will bring back more seemingly extinct IPs? Mana, Musashi, Saga, a TRUE Parasite Eve, Chrono, and Vagrant Story? Man I hope so. I thought Nier was it and Drakengard was dead. Life really throws some nice surprises at you somtimes. I just hope with everything inside me Toriyama/Watanabe are NOT in charge of the writing and story. OH please NO.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#41Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 2:41:57 AM
Vunks posted...
What if the reason vs 13 is taking so long is because he was working on both games.

I doubt it. He's been multitasking Versus XIII with KH for years now. FF Versus XIII started development in November 2005 and since then Nomura has directed the following KH games:

KH coded (2008)
KH 358/2 Days (2009)
KH BbS (2010)
KH Re:coded (2010)
KH BbS Final Mix (2011)
KH 3D (2012)
KH HD 1.5 ReMIX (2013)
---
#51Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 3:01:01 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
First of all, good lord, Drakengard 3 of all things releasing before Versus, when Drakengard was made by a now defunct company. LOL how sad is that?!

Secondly, this is awesome. I lvoe Drakengard even though it's probably mediocre in the eyes of most gamers or FF fans. Maybe this means SE will bring back more seemingly extinct IPs? Mana, Musashi, Saga, a TRUE Parasite Eve, Chrono, and Vagrant Story? Man I hope so. I thought Nier was it and Drakengard was dead. Life really throws some nice surprises at you somtimes. I just hope with everything inside me Toriyama/Watanabe are NOT in charge of the writing and story. OH please NO.

Some background info: Cavia are indeed defunct. However, the core members of the Drakengard team have joined Square Enix. Development of Drakengard 3 is being done by Access Games, the same developer that made the PSP game Lord of Arcana and the PSVita game Lord of Apocalypse.

Here's the core staff list:

- Producer: Takamasa Shiba (Producer: Drakengard, Drakengard 2, Nier)
- Creative Director & Scenario Writer: Taro Yoko (Director & Scenario Writer: Drakengard, Drakengard 2, Nier)
- Character Design: Kimihiko Fujisaki (Character Design: Drakengard, Drakengard 2, The Last Story)
- Music Director: Keiichi Okabe (Music Director: Nier)
- Developer: Access Games (Lord of Arcana, Lord of Apocalypse)
- Publisher: Square Enix

Here's some more scans:

http://www.gamekyo.com/images2_4_51379.html
http://www.gamekyo.com/images3_4_51379.html
http://www.gamekyo.com/images0_4_51379.html
---
#6Rose_of_MayPosted 3/13/2013 3:11:25 AM
Must be the low quality scans but Drakengard looks unappealing. The graphics are 'meh' and the woman with the flower in her eye looks disturbing. The whole series on the PS2 was mediocre from what I've heard. Why revive it?
#7ExentrykPosted 3/13/2013 3:17:05 AM
1Truth posted...
EDIT: Also, in the Famitsu interview with Nomura about KH 1.5 HD ReMIX, he mentions that he wants people to prepare for the final battle coming to PS3 with the HD ReMIX games. If KHIII is still coming to PS3, there's no way that Versus XIII is going to be on PS4, especially seeing as it doesn't even use Luminous Studio for graphics and Nomura wants to use the Versus engine to make KHIII.

Here's the source on the Nomura quote:
http://anago.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/ghard/1363149330/346

You should re-read the source you linked. It doesn't say KH3 at all, far less that it's coming to the PS3.

The Versus team is the one that will work on KH3, and they most likely haven't even started on it yet. They still have KH2.5 to go.

P.S. - For future reference, posting scans are not allowed and is against the TOS.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#8Nuck-chorrisPosted 3/13/2013 3:25:31 AM
Crap Enix!! NEW FOOTAGE NAO!
---
When i fall in the water, i dont get wet. Water gets me. SE's loss sales pleases me, Maybe they'll start hearing the fans for once.......who am I kidding ?
#9BurdicusPosted 3/13/2013 4:46:03 AM
Rose_of_May posted...
Must be the low quality scans but Drakengard looks unappealing. The graphics are 'meh' and the woman with the flower in her eye looks disturbing. The whole series on the PS2 was mediocre from what I've heard. Why revive it?

Drakengard 1 was pretty good, I enjoyed it. 2 was pretty disappointing. Having that been said, I'm sure their decision to move forward with 3 was probably in part due to the cult following Nier brought in and the fact that their is A LOT of potential their if the game would have just been a little more 'polished'

Hopefully 3 follows Nier's example and focuses more on a deep plot than the mediocre Dynasty Warriors-like combat.
---
Currently playing: Persona 3
Currently replaying: FFVI
#101Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 6:03:24 AM
Exentryk posted...
You should re-read the source you linked. It doesn't say KH3 at all, far less that it's coming to the PS3.

The Versus team is the one that will work on KH3, and they most likely haven't even started on it yet. They still have KH2.5 to go.

P.S. - For future reference, posting scans are not allowed and is against the TOS.

The source says that Nomura wants people to buy KH 1.5 HD ReMIX is preparation for the grand finale (KHIII). If he's telling people to buy the game for PS3 to prepare for KHIII then he's obviously planning to launch KHIII on PS3, also.

Also, the FF Versus XIII team will make KHIII after Versus is released. Nomura has also said the technology and know-how they acquire making Versus will help speed up development of KHIII. Also, KH 2.5 will not be made by the Versus team. It will be made by the Osaka team, just like KH 1.5, KHD 3D and KH BbS.

Lastly, posting scans on GameFAQs is perfectly fine. You're confusing the ToS around here with that of NeoGAF.
---