Drakengard 3 for PS3 in 2013. Hopefully means Versus is still for PS3, too.

#41ZendaikPosted 3/14/2013 12:36:49 PM
About that quote, here's what duckroll on GAF said:

"He said that Drakengard 3 is not Drakengard or Nier, and that it will probably betray your expectations, but he wants fans to look forward to how their expectations can be betrayed in a good way.

The producer follows up the comment with saying that finally they can announce a new Yoko Taro game world to fans.

For those who are familiar with how Yoko Taro games are, those statements basically mean "this game will not be what you expect, but it will be exactly what you expect from me", since the direction in the stories have always been doing what the player does not expect, and subverting expectations in a way which enhances the experience."
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#42CokaineCowboy77Posted 3/14/2013 1:45:32 PM
Rose_of_May posted...
It's good to see that SE has learned from announcing games before development even begins.

This so much. I hear it's 60% complete as well.

SE, do this with all games in the future. They seem to be learning at least.
---
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFX
#43heartlesshero17Posted 3/14/2013 2:20:55 PM
Zendaik posted...
About that quote, here's what duckroll on GAF said:

"He said that Drakengard 3 is not Drakengard or Nier, and that it will probably betray your expectations, but he wants fans to look forward to how their expectations can be betrayed in a good way.

The producer follows up the comment with saying that finally they can announce a new Yoko Taro game world to fans.

For those who are familiar with how Yoko Taro games are, those statements basically mean "this game will not be what you expect, but it will be exactly what you expect from me", since the direction in the stories have always been doing what the player does not expect, and subverting expectations in a way which enhances the experience."

Ah. That is a better explanation.

And yes. The time frame for this announcement is perfect. Game is over half way complete. SE needs to do their announcements like that instead of too early
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#441Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 2:59:43 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...
I doubt the bouncer will ever be revived lol

Takashi Tokita is considering bringing the PS2 game it to iOS.
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#45heartlesshero17Posted 3/14/2013 4:00:05 PM
1Truth posted...

Is that true? I'd love to play it on my ipad. I actually liked that game.
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#461Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 4:02:36 PM
1Truth posted...

Is that true? I'd love to play it on my ipad. I actually liked that game.

I tweeted him asking him to bring the PS2 game to the 3DS or iOS with online co-op and he said that he would think bout it. :)
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#47MagnaderAlphaPosted 3/15/2013 7:25:47 AM
Stranger things HAVE happened. I'm pretty sure NO ONE expected Square to announce Drakengard 3. I believe, the likelihood of a third Chrono game was more possible/probably, than Drakengard 3. There are so many other franchises under Square Enix that are more popular by comparison. I'd bet you if you polled asking what franchise of Square Enix that is the most likely to make a "comeback", I doubt Drakengard would be on the most chose choice.