The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Final fantasy noob

#1auntfafajkPosted 3/13/2013 6:36:48 PM
So I have never played any of these games, though I love RPGs and play games like skyrim, oblivion, Morrowind, fallout, and the tales games. If I wanted to play one of these games which should I start with? I'd prefer one that is pretty low price.
#2Panda_KunPosted 3/13/2013 6:39:03 PM
Final Fantasy XIII-2. It's cheap used or new.
---
"Lara Croft, You're My Hero!"
#3PillsberyDoeManPosted 3/13/2013 6:41:01 PM
if you're willing to play one of the older school ff games, 6 and 7 are good. i didn't like 8 and i haven't played 9. 10 is ok. 12 is my favorite, but that one seems to be a hit or miss with some people. 13 is whatever.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#4ExtremeLightPosted 3/13/2013 8:19:31 PM
Try 10 . There is a HD version coming soon for ps3
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#5S1-Winged_AngelPosted 3/13/2013 8:34:14 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
]There is a HD version coming soon for ps3

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTMLm0A7BRKD-6hXGadV8TThyrCsOamHv2_FuyrucY15GpbJ5GT_w
#6marko7Posted 3/13/2013 8:35:25 PM(edited)
IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX

^Personal favs. You should play them.

X and XII are both very good too but very different to each other.

X - More straight forward story, decent mini games and tons of sidequests (especially in the PAL version) A bit linear for quite a while though and the voice overs are a bit meh to be honest.

XII - More political/war/humanity story. Not that many mini games but it has dozens of hunts, hidden espers and a gigantic world to explore. Voice acting is superb, miles better than X and probably some of the best voice work in the series.

Final Fantasy Tactics is a very good choice as well. Fun battle system and great story. You should check that out too. And, even though its not Final Fantasy, you should play Chrono Trigger if you havent already.
---
Ruler of the FF Agito XIII Boards 2011-2013
The Official Creator of the Noctis Orgy on the FF Versus XIII Boards
#7zombie_basher13Posted 3/13/2013 8:53:41 PM
TC, I suggest you go ahead and play all of them, in whatever order. IMO every FF is good, and the series gets better with each game. Though VII is pretty much considered the pinnacle. You can find most of them on PSN for very cheap prices, so you have no excuse to try a few out if you're really interested.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#8Holy_Cloud105Posted 3/13/2013 9:19:58 PM
If you play all of them, I recommend you start from FF1. Some of the changes from VI and on may make the earlier games less fun for you.
---
"Thunder is in the heavens; lightning illuminates the fields!"
"The sun rises, and the shadows take flight!"
#9auntfafajk(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 9:51:02 PM
Haha thanks guys, I'll definitely give it a try. I'm looking at some on eBay right now.
#10auntfafajk(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 9:51:41 PM
Haha thanks guys, I'll definitely give it a try. I'm looking at some on eBay right now.