Final fantasy noob

#11adnancool13Posted 3/14/2013 12:14:49 AM
9 & 10 are my favourites. But completely up to you.
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#12EventualDeclinePosted 3/14/2013 3:52:06 AM
auntfafajk posted...
So I have never played any of these games, though I love RPGs and play games like skyrim, oblivion, Morrowind, fallout, and the tales games. If I wanted to play one of these games which should I start with? I'd prefer one that is pretty low price.

Go with Final Fantasy 7. Look that one up. You won't regret it. It's a great place to start, it's cheap, it's a classic and a landmark accomplishment in the history of videogames, and also the best selling game in the series and one of the best selling RPG's of all time. The numbers don't lie. It's also the most requested game by fans for a remake.

Plus it was all downhill after that. Every FF game after FF7 is either complete garbage or a linear CG movie fest, with the exception of FF9 which is also pretty good. Don't listen to the fanboys. FF10 is decent but it's another linear cutscene fest. If that's your thing then look into that one. FF12 is a joke, and FF13 is ok but is another CG hallway fest. FF7 had it all. Not only great cutscenes, but also gameplay/battle system, groundbreaking story, amazing art style, great characters, great atmosphere, legendary music, a vast, awesome world with lots of different environments, etc. Go with FF7, it's the game to play. Also look into FF6 after FF7, as it's the other pinnacle in the series besides FF7.
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#13Reaper_ExEPosted 3/14/2013 5:34:48 AM
FF11 is where its at
---
"I fight.... FOR THE USERS!"
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#14adnancool13Posted 3/14/2013 6:03:55 AM(edited)
auntfafajk posted...
So I have never played any of these games, though I love RPGs and play games like skyrim, oblivion, Morrowind, fallout, and the tales games. If I wanted to play one of these games which should I start with? I'd prefer one that is pretty low price.

Go with Final Fantasy 7. Look that one up. You won't regret it. It's a great place to start, it's cheap, it's a classic and a landmark accomplishment in the history of videogames, and also the best selling game in the series and one of the best selling RPG's of all time. The numbers don't lie. It's also the most requested game by fans for a remake.

Plus it was all downhill after that. Every FF game after FF7 is either complete garbage or a linear CG movie fest, with the exception of FF9 which is also pretty good. Don't listen to the fanboys. FF10 is decent but it's another linear cutscene fest. If that's your thing then look into that one. FF12 is a joke, and FF13 is ok but is another CG hallway fest. FF7 had it all. Not only great cutscenes, but also gameplay/battle system, groundbreaking story, amazing art style, great characters, great atmosphere, legendary music, a vast, awesome world with lots of different environments, etc. Go with FF7, it's the game to play. Also look into FF6 after FF7, as it's the other pinnacle in the series besides FF7.

>Gives a spiel about why FF7 is best
>Calls everyone else Fanboys

Wut?

How about taking a close look at your own post before calling others fanboys, you ignorant pleb. Sorry I happen to think FF7 is overrated and 9 &10 takes a good dump on it. U mad?
---
The Official Chauffeur of the Versus XIII Board
#15Reaper_ExEPosted 3/14/2013 6:58:17 AM
Anything that is not FF11 is crap

/topic
---
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#16Charizard18Posted 3/14/2013 8:02:29 AM
marko7 posted...
IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX

^Personal favs. You should play them.

X and XII are both very good too but very different to each other.

X - More straight forward story, decent mini games and tons of sidequests (especially in the PAL version) A bit linear for quite a while though and the voice overs are a bit meh to be honest.

XII - More political/war/humanity story. Not that many mini games but it has dozens of hunts, hidden espers and a gigantic world to explore. Voice acting is superb, miles better than X and probably some of the best voice work in the series.

Final Fantasy Tactics is a very good choice as well. Fun battle system and great story. You should check that out too. And, even though its not Final Fantasy, you should play Chrono Trigger if you havent already.

thisthisthis.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"Ready--but watch out for the ULTIMATE TRAFFIC STOPPER: A POLICE ROADBLOCK."
#17Eddie___DeanPosted 3/14/2013 9:14:13 AM
If you like the more open/ non-linear RPGs- FF12 may be a good option. Its probably the most non-linear recent FF and has a lot of focus on hunting and looting enemies and big open areas. It also eschews a lot of that anime-style silliness that has been creeping into the series lately, so the characters feel a lot more real than the ones in the FF13 games.

FF 13-2 is also pretty non-linear and features some pretty open areas and interesting levels. Be warned- the narrative makes no sense whatsoever and is pretty absurd though the game is still fun regardless.

The golden area of FF however is 4-10, if you're an FF fan your favorite is probably in there.
#18CokaineCowboy77Posted 3/14/2013 9:18:18 AM
VII's a good place to start. It's the best in the series and you should just work you way up from there. Its graphics are outdated but still a brilliant RPG. It all goes downhill from there but there are still good games.
---
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFX
#19Reaper_ExEPosted 3/14/2013 9:39:42 AM(edited)
Wow, so many sheeple in this topic, ff7 is far from the best/greatest, and is HIGHLY overrated by rabbid fanboys who only ever played it
---
PSN = Ace_ExE85
#20CokaineCowboy77Posted 3/14/2013 10:21:36 AM
Reaper_ExE posted...
Wow, so many sheeple in this topic, ff7 is far from the best/greatest, and is HIGHLY overrated by rabbid fanboys who only ever played it

It's the most popular FF by far; what'd you expect?

Seriously, I think somebody's not been an FF fan for very long, or she's making it seem like it. Are upset or something that VII is seen as one of the greatest games of all time?
---
The Official Carbuncle of the FFXV Board.
FFVII>FFVI>FFVIII>FFIX>FFX