Who here doesn't think this game will flop?

#1Uchiha_HaiPosted 3/13/2013 7:54:51 PM
If the rumors holds true that Versus will be out for the PS3 around Q4 2013 or early 2014 than this game may very will flop. Only way I can see this game live up to its expectations is to be renamed to FFXV and have it on PS4 and possibly even Xbox 720.
#2Panda_KunPosted 3/13/2013 7:58:42 PM
Two words.
---
"Lara Croft, You're My Hero!"
#3NolocNoaxPosted 3/13/2013 8:11:36 PM
Uchiha_Hai posted...
If the rumors holds true that Versus will be out for the PS3 around Q4 2013 or early 2014 than this game may very will flop. Only way I can see this game live up to its expectations is to be renamed to FFXV and have it on PS4 and possibly even Xbox 720.

Next- gen doesn't make a game any better. Either it stands or falls based on its own merit. GoW 2 released late gen as well and was a great success. Personally, I loved Persona 4 and it released well into the PS3 and 360 life-cycle.
---
PSN: NolocNoax
Gamertag: Noloc Noax
#4ExentrykPosted 3/13/2013 8:17:25 PM
SE have from now to E3 if they want to rename Versus to FFXV.
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#5theofficefan99Posted 3/13/2013 8:36:24 PM
All I know is that they better show this game at E3 if they want it to have any chance at succeeding.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6Uchiha_Hai(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 8:40:42 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
All I know is that they better show this game at E3 if they want it to have any chance at succeeding.

Why is that? Even the trailer can flop.
#7theofficefan99Posted 3/13/2013 8:50:08 PM
Uchiha_Hai posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Why is that? Even the trailer can flop.

Huh?

All I'm saying is that it needs to be shown at E3. TGS or anything in-between will be too late at that point. Everyone will be focused on the PS4 and no one will care about Versus XIII.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#8Lelouch71Posted 3/13/2013 9:00:41 PM
FFVI, IX, and XII did just fine. Not to mention the PS4 doesn't have PS3 BC. So it won't do too much to Versus' sales.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#9utsusuPosted 3/13/2013 9:01:02 PM
More time spent on a project doesn't necessarily yield a better result. Versus may not necessarily become a financial or a critical flop. It's too early to tell.

The Versus we've seen in its pre-2011 incarnation is dead. It existed only in CG trailers--Noctis isn't even wearing his Roen clothes, and the scene between Noctis and Stella has been completely redone, anyway. I might as well say good-bye to Versus (as we know it) and look forward to what SE has to provide in the future, which may very well, to our surprise (or dismay), be a different game. However, I am not insinuating a transition to PS4 or a change from action to turn-based RPG since I'm in the dark as you all are (save for possibly a few users).

tl;dr Final Fantasy Versus XIII needs a "new reveal," and we should disregard what we've seen of it so far (with maybe the exception of the 2011 trailer).
#10ExtremeLightPosted 3/13/2013 9:17:34 PM
Uchiha_Hai posted...

Lol no.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.