Who here doesn't think this game will flop?

#11Uchiha_Hai(Topic Creator)Posted 3/13/2013 9:18:32 PM
utsusu posted...
More time spent on a project doesn't necessarily yield a better result. Versus may not necessarily become a financial or a critical flop. It's too early to tell.

The Versus we've seen in its pre-2011 incarnation is dead. It existed only in CG trailers--Noctis isn't even wearing his Roen clothes, and the scene between Noctis and Stella has been completely redone, anyway. I might as well say good-bye to Versus (as we know it) and look forward to what SE has to provide in the future, which may very well, to our surprise (or dismay), be a different game. However, I am not insinuating a transition to PS4 or a change from action to turn-based RPG since I'm in the dark as you all are (save for possibly a few users).

tl;dr Final Fantasy Versus XIII needs a "new reveal," and we should disregard what we've seen of it so far (with maybe the exception of the 2011 trailer).

This game is dead to me if it isn't action RPG.
#12Holy_Cloud105Posted 3/13/2013 9:21:42 PM
Uchiha_Hai posted...
If the rumors holds true that Versus will be out for the PS3 around Q4 2013 or early 2014 than this game may very will flop. Only way I can see this game live up to its expectations is to be renamed to FFXV and have it on PS4 and possibly even Xbox 720.

Next- gen doesn't make a game any better. Either it stands or falls based on its own merit. GoW 2 released late gen as well and was a great success. Personally, I loved Persona 4 and it released well into the PS3 and 360 life-cycle.

This. However, I would like to say that P4 had the benefit of coming out in 2008/9 when there was practically nothing worth playing on the PS3 and very few games worth playing on the 360.
---
"Thunder is in the heavens; lightning illuminates the fields!"
"The sun rises, and the shadows take flight!"
#13regularsharpPosted 3/13/2013 9:23:56 PM
How can vaporware possibly flop???

You will never see this game, and if you do, by that time you won't care anymore.

Oh, wait...
#14grand_kaizerPosted 3/14/2013 12:22:17 AM
The pivotal flaw in the TC's topic is that it relies on rumours. Rumours like Versus having a big info blowout because there was some perfume. Or how it was definitely going to show up at E3 last year and people would bet accounts on it. Or how it was definitely going to show up at TGS last year because obviously it wasn't going to show up at E3 when it's a primarily Japanese game. Or how following the trailer for it at that conference two... three years ago? I forget, but you get my point.

Rumours about this game aren't worth the attention people take to fart them out.
---
"I am the Truest Repairman!"
#15EventualDeclinePosted 3/14/2013 3:38:07 AM(edited)
Even though the TC is a troll and has no idea what he's talking about, he actually does raise an important and true point. Which is that if this is still a PS3 game, the success and status of this game is now forever diminished now that the damn game is going to miss the f***ing PS3 era of consoles, even though this has been the longest console generation in gaming history.

Even if this is a big seller when it finally releases, if it's still a PS3 game and it's released in 2014, there's no way it's going to sell as much as if it has been released during the PS3's prime. Also, even if the graphics are amazing, the game will look dated compared to the next gen consoles. It's sad SE did this, instead of just finishing this damn game a year or two ago. Bastards.

I think you fanboys need to start accepting that reality, that the game will be less of a success now and will be overshadowed by PS4 and "Nextbox 720" titles that look better. It's for this reason that I sort of hope this becomes a PS4 title just so this game can still be an "event". But it's not going to be if it's a PS3 game released during the damn PS4 generation. Even if the game is amazing, that's not going to help this game at all.

I also strongly believe that this game should be renamed FF15. "Versus 13" is a moronic name anyway and everyone knows that it looks stupid and makes little sense. What's that, Final Fantasy Versus 13? So it's an FF13 themed fighting game with Sazh, Lightning and Hope doing super cool chain-combos, awesome moves, and mega finishing blows, right? Right? God, SE are the biggest idiots in the world.
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#16EventualDeclinePosted 3/14/2013 3:33:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17Seiko_NurashimaPosted 3/14/2013 7:29:56 AM
EventualDecline posted...
Even though the TC is a troll and has no idea what he's talking about, he actually does raise an important and true point. Which is that if this is still a PS3 game, the success and status of this game is now forever diminished now that the damn game is going to miss the f***ing PS3 era of consoles, even though this has been the longest console generation in gaming history.

Even if this is a big seller when it finally releases, if it's still a PS3 game and it's released in 2014, there's no way it's going to sell as much as if it has been released during the PS3's prime. Also, even if the graphics are amazing, the game will look dated compared to the next gen consoles. It's sad SE did this, instead of just finishing this damn game a year or two ago. Bastards.

I think you fanboys need to start accepting that reality, that the game will be less of a success now and will be overshalodowed by PS4 and "Nextbox 720" titles that look better. It's for this reason that I sort of hope this becomes a PS4 title just so this game can still be an "event". But it's not going to be if it's a PS3 game released during the damn PS4 generation. Even if the game is amazing, that's not going to help this game at all.

I also strongly believe that this game should be renamed FF15. "Versus 13" is a moronic name anyway and everyone knows that it looks stupid and makes little sense. What's that, Final Fantasy Versus 13? So it's an FF13 themed fighting game with Sazh, Lightning and Hope doing super cool chain-combos, awesome moves, and mega finishing blows, right? Right? God, SE are the biggest idiots in the world.

Versus XIII was/is the name because it was originally meant to be an opposite to XIII IE darker story darker colors darket characters etc and show a different perspective of thr FNC mythos
#18Uchiha_Hai(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 3:38:21 PM
EventualDecline posted...

I think you fanboys need to start accepting that reality, that the game will be less of a success now and will be overshadowed by PS4 and "Nextbox 720" titles that look better. It's for this reason that I sort of hope this becomes a PS4 title just so this game can still be an "event". But it's not going to be if it's a PS3 game released during the damn PS4 generation. Even if the game is amazing, that's not going to help this game at all.

So first you say I don't know what I am talking about... then you end up writing a novel supporting and agreeing on everything I just said. Splendid.
#19PostDisasterPosted 3/14/2013 4:09:06 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Uchiha_Hai posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
All I know is that they better show this game at E3 if they want it to have any chance at succeeding.

Why is that? Even the trailer can flop.

Huh?

All I'm saying is that it needs to be shown at E3. TGS or anything in-between will be too late at that point. Everyone will be focused on the PS4 and no one will care about Versus XIII.

What? Why would TGS be too late? You know that if it skipped E3 then showed at TGS you'd be creaming your shorts just as hard as if it showed tomorrow.

WHEN isn't the issue. It's IF.
#20ExtremeLightPosted 3/14/2013 4:57:48 PM
PostDisaster posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Uchiha_Hai posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
All I know is that they better show this game at E3 if they want it to have any chance at succeeding.

Why is that? Even the trailer can flop.

Huh?

All I'm saying is that it needs to be shown at E3. TGS or anything in-between will be too late at that point. Everyone will be focused on the PS4 and no one will care about Versus XIII.

What? Why would TGS be too late? You know that if it skipped E3 then showed at TGS you'd be creaming your shorts just as hard as if it showed tomorrow.

WHEN isn't the issue. It's IF.

Because in September people will be more concerned about what shiny new stuffs is coming and whatnot. A show in Tokyo is hardly appeasing.

And you sound like another versus is cancelled troll. When isn't the issue? HAH.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.