Who here doesn't think this game will flop?

#21EventualDeclinePosted 3/14/2013 10:37:25 PM
Seiko_Nurashima posted...
Versus XIII was/is the name because it was originally meant to be an opposite to XIII IE darker story darker colors darket characters etc and show a different perspective of thr FNC mythos

I knew that. The point is that the actual title looks stupid and it still makes little sense, as the game has nearly nothing to do with FF13 and does not take place in the same game universe. It just shares some of the mythology, but the games are not connected at all. Naming a game after a developer disagreement (because Versus 13 is "versus" the other idea of what FF13 could be), is one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in my life, and SE should probably just close down and stop making videogames considering how idiotic they are.

Change the name, it's stupid. And like I said, it looks like a damn fighting game. That's probably what casuals and people not paying attention are going to think it is anyway. Do you fanboys realize that? People are going to think it's a fighting game. The title looks like a damn fighting game. Even if people know it's not a fighting game, the title still looks like a f***ing fighting game. It's ugly and stupid. Change it to FF15 or FF: Insert Subtitle Here, and release the damn game. Enough with the idiocy.
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#22SoaringDivePosted 3/15/2013 6:52:59 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Uchiha_Hai posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
All I know is that they better show this game at E3 if they want it to have any chance at succeeding.

Why is that? Even the trailer can flop.

Huh?

All I'm saying is that it needs to be shown at E3. TGS or anything in-between will be too late at that point. Everyone will be focused on the PS4 and no one will care about Versus XIII.

Is every single person with a PS3 going to buy a PS4 the moment it comes out? No. Therefore, it coming out on PS3 is a great thing because there will be less competition and everyone (other than the 5% that will get a PS4 at the beginning) will still be looking to get great experiences on the machine they already own, not the one that they're gonna own in a couple years after a price drop.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#23PostDisasterPosted 3/15/2013 10:21:32 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
PostDisaster posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Uchiha_Hai posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
All I know is that they better show this game at E3 if they want it to have any chance at succeeding.

Huh?

All I'm saying is that it needs to be shown at E3. TGS or anything in-between will be too late at that point. Everyone will be focused on the PS4 and no one will care about Versus XIII.

What? Why would TGS be too late? You know that if it skipped E3 then showed at TGS you'd be creaming your shorts just as hard as if it showed tomorrow.

WHEN isn't the issue. It's IF.

Because in September people will be more concerned about what shiny new stuffs is coming and whatnot. A show in Tokyo is hardly appeasing.

And you sound like another versus is cancelled troll. When isn't the issue? HAH.

I'm not a "Versus is canceled" troll. Versus is not canceled. But it also isn't like...confirmed to be in existence much either.

Also, you're assuming that when it comes will hurt it's merit. If this is truly "the game to bring redemption to the FF series" as everyone is expecting from archaic promotional videos, then "when" really shouldn't matter. Again...IF should be on everyones mind.
#24The_Lost_SabrePosted 3/16/2013 3:58:24 PM
PostDisaster posted...
I'm not a "Versus is canceled" troll. Versus is not canceled. But it also isn't like...confirmed to be in existence much either.

In other words, it's in limbo. : /
---
"Heheheh..."
"Being dark just puts a greater demand on intellectual maturity -- you have to be smart for it to work." ~ Crono Maniac
#25Uchiha_Hai(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 5:54:02 PM
SoaringDive posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Uchiha_Hai posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

Huh?

Is every single person with a PS3 going to buy a PS4 the moment it comes out? No. Therefore, it coming out on PS3 is a great thing because there will be less competition and everyone (other than the 5% that will get a PS4 at the beginning) will still be looking to get great experiences on the machine they already own, not the one that they're gonna own in a couple years after a price drop.

It has to be released first; and fairly quickly within early 2014. No point after that.