Has all these years of wait and the lack of respect.

#1jenraisPosted 3/14/2013 3:55:16 PM
From enix make you rethink purchasing versus if it released tommorow?
#2ExtremeLightPosted 3/14/2013 3:59:15 PM
jenrais posted...
From enix make you rethink purchasing versus if it released tommorow?

If it release tomorrow then all of gaming internet would explode. If it release in 2015, it will be a laughingstock.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#3utsusuPosted 3/14/2013 4:09:35 PM
No. I want to purchase Versus so SQEX might even be slightly motivated to innovate and reinvent itself.

Lack of respect (if you mean honoring fans' demand) isn't so much the problem as it is a result of resting on laurels.

Whether or not it wants one, Square Enix needs a wake-up call. Many other game developers, Japanese or otherwise, exist, and they can dish out really great (new) games in half the time. Sure, they may not have the prestige of being called a "Final Fantasy," but nowadays the "name" can't bring you all the way home, anyway.

I'm not saying that SQEX games have gotten terrible (though YMMV), but the company will need to stay alert and continue to innovate if it wants to stay on top of the market.

It's great that SQEX has such a big fan base - many game developing companies would be envious - but it can also work against the company.

tl;dr SQEX needs to remind its fans why FF has been such an excellent series, and it must stop resting on its laurels. So long as the company remains vigilant, SQEX has a bright future ahead (fans, too).
#4jenrais(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2013 6:05:06 PM
utsusu posted...
No. I want to purchase Versus so SQEX might even be slightly motivated to innovate and reinvent itself.

Lack of respect (if you mean honoring fans' demand) isn't so much the problem as it is a result of resting on laurels.

Whether or not it wants one, Square Enix needs a wake-up call. Many other game developers, Japanese or otherwise, exist, and they can dish out really great (new) games in half the time. Sure, they may not have the prestige of being called a "Final Fantasy," but nowadays the "name" can't bring you all the way home, anyway.

I'm not saying that SQEX games have gotten terrible (though YMMV), but the company will need to stay alert and continue to innovate if it wants to stay on top of the market.

It's great that SQEX has such a big fan base - many game developing companies would be envious - but it can also work against the company.

tl;dr SQEX needs to remind its fans why FF has been such an excellent series, and it must stop resting on its laurels. So long as the company remains vigilant, SQEX has a bright future ahead (fans, too).

I don't know tbh. Enix barely releases quality games anymore and the wait is ridiculous. Feel like this is EA
#5utsusuPosted 3/14/2013 6:10:35 PM
jenrais posted...

I don't know tbh. Enix barely releases quality games anymore and the wait is ridiculous. Feel like this is EA

Right, because SQEX has gotten complacent. Success can do that to you.
#6MajorZeroPosted 3/14/2013 6:56:40 PM
It's just a marketing thing, versus took a back seat when 13-s sales weren't s great as expected so Square decided to make more games with 13's engine to at least break even in cost. It's a lot cheaper to make a sequel to a game when you already have the assets that would normally cost you millions to create. Give it time and Versus WILL be out.
#7utsusuPosted 3/14/2013 8:52:42 PM
MajorZero posted...
It's just a marketing thing, versus took a back seat when 13-s sales weren't s great as expected so Square decided to make more games with 13's engine to at least break even in cost. It's a lot cheaper to make a sequel to a game when you already have the assets that would normally cost you millions to create. Give it time and Versus WILL be out.

This. Thank you for your words of wisdom.
#8jman250Posted 3/14/2013 9:00:49 PM
MajorZero posted...

- So in short, it's not coming out any time soon or probably even this year?
#9theofficefan99Posted 3/14/2013 9:04:43 PM
Honestly I don't care about this game anymore. **** Square Enix.

Well, at least for right now.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#10MajorZeroPosted 3/14/2013 11:05:37 PM
jman250 posted...
MajorZero posted...

- So in short, it's not coming out any time soon or probably even this year?

Hell if I know lol, I'm not any sort of insider, just that the writing is on the wall.