Roen explain that "Final Fantasy 15" was a mistake.

#11TruthPosted 3/16/2013 8:20:31 AM
Full quote and source:
BIOGRAPHY Notable errors
16 March 2013

Dear everyone involved and seeing the Roen Official Website. I will tell you to that we have fixed notable errors.

In the BIOGRAPHY page 2008, the title "FINAL FANTASY" by the company Square Enix is mentioned. I was allowed to do the costume design and it was described by my staff with some error in the sentence.

I have since viewed the page and confirmed it was a mistake. Sorry that we did not earlier fix the notable error.

My staff will take measures in the future that such a thing will not happen again. More effort will be put into providing accurate information. Please pardon us.

Thank you for your attention.

http://www.roen.jp/information/shopinfo/biography-%E8%A1%A8%E8%A8%98%E3%81%AE%E8%AA%A4%E3%82%8A%E3%81%AB%E3%81%A4%E3%81%84%E3%81%A6/
---
Final Fantasy XII is a masterpiece in both game design and story.
#2Eddie___DeanPosted 3/16/2013 2:59:30 PM
So pretty much confirmed that Versus is now FFXV.
#3theofficefan99Posted 3/16/2013 3:11:32 PM(edited)
Eddie___Dean posted...
So pretty much confirmed that Versus is now FFXV.

I certainly hope not. I'm all for Versus XIII getting a name change (even though I've grown fond of the name), but not to XV. I want XV to be a totally fresh experience, including mythology. I'd feel cheated if they just changed Versus XIII to XV. That'd be kind of moronic if you think about it, actually. In retrospect, if this comes true, that would mean that Square Enix revealed XIII and XV at the same time before the reveal of XIV.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4Eddie___DeanPosted 3/16/2013 3:45:20 PM
Well what happened back in 2006 has little bearing on the state of the game today. I don't think this company that is involved with the game would accidentally call it by the wrong name.

My guess is they were used to referring to it as 15 and then someone slipped up and wrote 15 on the web page even though the name is not yet announced. This happens also in cases like when game artists post images from an unannounced title on their portfolio and have to take it down because it breaches NDA.
#5theofficefan99Posted 3/16/2013 3:55:53 PM(edited)
Eddie___Dean posted...
Well what happened back in 2006 has little bearing on the state of the game today. I don't think this company that is involved with the game would accidentally call it by the wrong name.

My guess is they were used to referring to it as 15 and then someone slipped up and wrote 15 on the web page even though the name is not yet announced. This happens also in cases like when game artists post images from an unannounced title on their portfolio and have to take it down because it breaches NDA.

This is likely, but it is also likely that they just goofed up. As someone else stated, perhaps they mistook the FFXV rumors as real and referred to it as that. All ROEN did was design costumes for the game way back in 2008. I doubt they've been making costumes for the game for the past 5 years.

Of course, this is just me grasping at straws because I don't want this game to become Final Fantasy XV.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6Eddie___DeanPosted 3/17/2013 7:38:29 PM
Its true anything is possible. It seems strange to me that name would pop up like that without some reason behind it.