This game better have a theater mode and/or chapter select

#1theofficefan99Posted 3/17/2013 10:30:26 AM
Come on. It's 2013 (it'll probably release in 2014/2015 though...). I'm kind of pissed at how I have to make dozens of save files for every Final Fantasy game aside from X and X-2 because they don't have theater modes for the beautiful CGI cutscenes and there's no chapter select to replay my favorite parts of the game so I have to make a billion save files. I have around 20 for XII and 24 for XIII, and at least 5 for each of the PS1 FF's. Lame.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2EscaSyraPosted 3/17/2013 10:32:22 AM
I get tired of having to look up my favorite scenes on Youtube. This would be a feature I would utilize if it was implemented. Good thinking.
---
The official Agrias Oaks of the FFXV board.
#3theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:41:19 AM
EscaSyra posted...
I get tired of having to look up my favorite scenes on Youtube. This would be a feature I would utilize if it was implemented. Good thinking.

I don't even know why they stopped using it after X-2 >.>

Type-0 has a theater mode, which is great, and I'm hoping Versus XIII follows suit. And judging from the gameplay trailer, it looks like I'll have a lot of favorite sections of the game, and having a chapter select/Historia Crux kind of thing would be pretty great.

Though, of course, they should give incentives to replay the whole game as well, like New Game+ (perhaps a few extra cutscenes and dungeons?). That would be really awesome.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4heartlesshero17Posted 3/17/2013 10:58:47 AM
EscaSyra posted...

Agreed.
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#5Holy_Cloud105Posted 3/17/2013 1:45:32 PM
Kingdom Hearts has a theatre mode. I don't see why this wouldn't considering Nomura makes both.
---
"Thunder is in the heavens; lightning illuminates the fields!"
"The sun rises, and the shadows take flight!"
#6Noerah4evaPosted 3/17/2013 6:34:17 PM
Isn't a lot of Versus going to be real time? Usually theatre is for the cg scenes like opening, important stuff, and ending. Heck, 13-2 only had like 3 cg scenes. Not that I'm complaining though, I love the XIII series and was glad that 13-2 fit on one disc for xbox 360.
#7Panda_KunPosted 3/17/2013 7:01:36 PM
Noerah4eva posted...
Isn't a lot of Versus going to be real time? Usually theatre is for the cg scenes like opening, important stuff, and ending. Heck, 13-2 only had like 3 cg scenes. Not that I'm complaining though, I love the XIII series and was glad that 13-2 fit on one disc for xbox 360.

7:3 was the ratio for real time vs CGI. I think.
---
"Lara Croft, You're My Hero!"
#8DROSSPosted 3/19/2013 9:21:29 AM(edited)

So, you are basically asking for yet another linear Final Fantasy?

For ***** sake...
---
Tech Support: "What web browser are you using?"
Customer: "Aren't you my browser?"
#9theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 10:22:38 AM(edited)
Noerah4eva posted...

Well...

-Type-0 has a theater mode for every cutscene, not just the ones in CGI
-XIII-2 was super low budget, this isn't.
-Nomura stated the ratio between real-time and pre-rendered CGI cutscenes is 7:3
---
#10theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 9:52:16 AM
DROSS posted...

So, you are basically asking for yet another linear Final Fantasy?

For ***** sake...

May I ask how any of that would mean a linear Final Fantasy? >.>

Look at Dark Cloud 2. It uses a chapter system, and it's not linear. Look at Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. They use a chapter system and they're not linear at all. Look at Resonance of Fate. It uses a chapter system, and it's not linear at all. etc. etc. etc.

Having chapters doesn't mean that a game is linear.

And XIII-2 basically had a "chapter select" with the Historia Crux and Gate system and that was nowhere near linear.

Use your head a little bit, man.
---