Does anyone else think Versus XIII will be on PS4?

#1darkgod1000Posted 3/17/2013 10:36:07 AM
Versus XIII has been in development since 2004 and we've heard almost nothing from it. Square has promised a new Final Fantasy for the PS4. So, does anyone else think Versus XIII is the game they promised?
#2EscaSyraPosted 3/17/2013 10:37:51 AM
Versus is the Tooth Fairy of the video game world. It goes around collecting your teeth and leaving money under your pillow.

Wait a minute.... That's not right....

What I meant to say is, it doesn't exist.
---
The official Agrias Oaks of the FFXV board.
#3theofficefan99Posted 3/17/2013 10:39:35 AM
I hope not. I want Versus XIII to be the PS3's swan song.

And I also want it to be 2 blu-ray discs :p
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4Mark5565Posted 3/17/2013 11:09:10 AM
They would probably use a dual-layered bluray disc, which holds 50GB.
#5theofficefan99Posted 3/17/2013 11:13:21 AM
Mark5565 posted...
They would probably use a dual-layered bluray disc, which holds 50GB.

FFXIII was 40 GB and I'm willing to bet that this game will take up way more space.

I'm thinking that this game will be 2 discs: the first one will be dual-layered, and the second one single-layered.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6Lelouch71Posted 3/17/2013 5:14:01 PM
They announced that they are working on a new FF for the PS4. That will be FFXV. Versus will be on the PS3. At worst it will be a multiplat for the PS3 and PS4. I don't see SE abandoning a 75+ million user base for a system that will be lucky to have 15 million within a year. It just doesn't make any good business sense.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#7ExtremeLightPosted 3/17/2013 5:20:23 PM
darkgod1000 posted...
Versus XIII has been in development since 2004 and we've heard almost nothing from it. Square has promised a new Final Fantasy for the PS4. So, does anyone else think Versus XIII is the game they promised?

HAH! It entered full development in 2011. Check it!

Any way, I think this new FF is of course XV and Versus will remain for PS3. Personally for selfish reasons I want Versus on PS4. There isn't critical evidence that Versuswon't go for PS4.
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#8theofficefan99Posted 3/17/2013 5:32:08 PM
Lelouch71 posted...
They announced that they are working on a new FF for the PS4. That will be FFXV. Versus will be on the PS3. At worst it will be a multiplat for the PS3 and PS4. I don't see SE abandoning a 75+ million user base for a system that will be lucky to have 15 million within a year. It just doesn't make any good business sense.

I really, really hope you're right. Yes, that would make the most sense business-wise.
---
#9darkgod1000(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 11:59:05 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
darkgod1000 posted...

HAH! It entered full development in 2011. Check it!

Any way, I think this new FF is of course XV and Versus will remain for PS3. Personally for selfish reasons I want Versus on PS4. There isn't critical evidence that Versuswon't go for PS4.

Believe it or not, work for the game started back in '04. Square didn't say anything about the game until E3 '06. They say full development started back in 2011 and yet we still have no information on it and Lightning Returns is due out this year. Great job Square. Great job. *clap clap*
#10Cyber_Boy94Posted 3/19/2013 12:43:41 AM
EscaSyra posted...
Versus is the Tooth Fairy of the video game world. It goes around collecting your teeth and leaving money under your pillow.

Wait a minute.... That's not right....

What I meant to say is, it doesn't exist.

Then you tell me how I magically received money one day when my mum was in the shower and my dad was at work (and couldn't give 2 s*its about christmas, tooth fairies and other western children beliefs).
---
PSN=Cyber_Boy94, Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/user/SyberBoy94?feature=mhee
The Official Keyblade Master of the FF Versus XIII Board