if this game turns out to be for ps4 then...

#11EventualDeclinePosted 3/18/2013 10:05:00 AM
Sorrow_Ender posted...
i'm selling my ps3 and never buying another SE game again! anyone as emotional as i am about this?

You're going to get the PS4 anyway as soon as SE announces something else you like, so stop being a baby. You Otaku are like cats with a dangling shiny object in front of them. You'll follow whatever SE, Konami, etc will throw at you. Just look at how you guys are acting over Versus 13. You guys are suckers, and that's putting it politely. Accept your fate and stop complaining.

Also, if Versus doesn't come out within the next year, it's going to hurt the game to be released on aging hardware that looks bad compared to other new games. Versus will soon go from "next gen" to "old news". That's what happens when you develop a game for over 7 years and miss an entire f***ing console generation.
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#12matt091282Posted 3/18/2013 11:01:45 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
I'll be really pissed but I'd have to get over it because I'll want it anyways.

Though the dream scenario would be to keep it a PS3 exclusive, and the game itself spanning 2 discs. I want this game to be the PS3's swan song. It being on the PS4 would kill that :/

I still think that's what's going to happen. It's funny to hear someone else said that because a few months ago I posted the same term saying that I think this will be the PS3's swan song Final Fantasy title. I am going to stick by my opinion that this will not be a PS4 game.
#13theofficefan99Posted 3/18/2013 11:05:57 AM
matt091282 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I'll be really pissed but I'd have to get over it because I'll want it anyways.

Though the dream scenario would be to keep it a PS3 exclusive, and the game itself spanning 2 discs. I want this game to be the PS3's swan song. It being on the PS4 would kill that :/

I still think that's what's going to happen. It's funny to hear someone else said that because a few months ago I posted the same term saying that I think this will be the PS3's swan song Final Fantasy title. I am going to stick by my opinion that this will not be a PS4 game.

Let's hope we're right.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#14matt091282Posted 3/18/2013 11:28:19 AM
Reading about Lightning Returns, it has some features that were rumored to be a part of Versus. That's why I think these XIII games were also kind of a primer on the features we will see in Versus such as the more action oriented combat.

Also, it was rumored that Versus was going to have a "live" clock in the game, similair to what is going to be in LR. By live clock I mean, whatever time and time of day it is in the "real world", it will also be in LR. So, if you play the game during the night, some stores and other places that are open during the day will be closed and vice versa.
#15theofficefan99Posted 3/18/2013 11:57:32 AM
matt091282 posted...
Reading about Lightning Returns, it has some features that were rumored to be a part of Versus. That's why I think these XIII games were also kind of a primer on the features we will see in Versus such as the more action oriented combat.

Also, it was rumored that Versus was going to have a "live" clock in the game, similair to what is going to be in LR. By live clock I mean, whatever time and time of day it is in the "real world", it will also be in LR. So, if you play the game during the night, some stores and other places that are open during the day will be closed and vice versa.

This was never said, nor rumored. Nomura just said that he would like to implement a day and night system.

Though, for a game that's going to include pre-rendered cutscenes, that's going to be tricky.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#16matt091282Posted 3/18/2013 12:12:30 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
matt091282 posted...

This was never said, nor rumored. Nomura just said that he would like to implement a day and night system.

Though, for a game that's going to include pre-rendered cutscenes, that's going to be tricky.

I read about the possibility of a day and night system on the Versus Wikipedia page awhile back. lol It has since been taken down. But, I do think some features we see in LR will be in (and enhanced) for Versus.

I think things like the pre-rendered cutscenes and (if true) the day night cycle, could absolutely hold the game back as they sound extremely challenging to have them all working together since all or most of the game was going to have those pre-rendered scenes. We'll see.
#17Sorrow_Ender(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 7:22:42 AM(edited)
EventualDecline posted...
Sorrow_Ender posted...
i'm selling my ps3 and never buying another SE game again! anyone as emotional as i am about this?

You're going to get the PS4 anyway as soon as SE announces something else you like, so stop being a baby. You Otaku are like cats with a dangling shiny object in front of them. You'll follow whatever SE, Konami, etc will throw at you. Just look at how you guys are acting over Versus 13. You guys are suckers, and that's putting it politely. Accept your fate and stop complaining.

Also, if Versus doesn't come out within the next year, it's going to hurt the game to be released on aging hardware that looks bad compared to other new games. Versus will soon go from "next gen" to "old news". That's what happens when you develop a game for over 7 years and miss an entire f***ing console generation.

way to assume

smh...
---
The Dawn of Sorrow is Approaching
#18potionsmasterPosted 3/19/2013 8:04:33 AM
I kinda hope it's PS4 :\ (probably buying a PS4 anyway).
---
The Official Glasses/Ignis of the Final Fantasy Versus XIII Boards
Final Fantasy XIII(-2) is awesome!