So what do you want for the future of this game and what do you think it'll be?

#1materia101Posted 3/17/2013 11:57:41 PM
Will Final Fantasy Versus XIII become Final Fantasy XV? - Results (39 votes)
I think it will keep its name and I want it that way!
28.21% (11 votes)
It'll stay as Versus XIII, but I'd rather it be renamed Final Fantasy XV.
12.82% (5 votes)
I think it'll be renamed Final Fantasy XV, but I'd rather it not be.
7.69% (3 votes)
I'm sure it'll be renamed Final Fantasy XV, and I like the idea!
25.64% (10 votes)
Other.
25.64% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So yeah, I'm curious as to the majority opinion. Your thoughts?
---
No, this isn't a signature at all. Why would you ever think that?
#2Graham_ChapmanPosted 3/18/2013 6:52:37 AM
Where's the "Not this poll again!?" option?
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#3i8g4wlPosted 3/18/2013 7:15:25 AM
Other: I think it'll be renamed Final Fantasy XV, and I'd like it.
#4theofficefan99Posted 3/18/2013 7:31:39 AM
Other: It will be renamed, but not to Final Fantasy XV.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#5EventualDeclinePosted 3/18/2013 9:57:54 AM
"Versus 13" has always been a goofy name, and if you like it, there's something wrong with you. As I've said many times before on these boards, I don't think you obsessed Otaku realize that the casuals and less obsessed are going to have no f***ing clue what "Versus 13" means, and are going to think it's a side game of FF13, or an FF themed fighting game. Final Fantasy Versus 13! Awesome chain combos and mega moves with Lightning! Sazh finishing moves with kick ass taunts and animations! That's what it looks like. It's a stupid name and it needs to change.

The damn game is named after a developer disagreement (this game is "versus" the other 13 that went into development), and that's awfully stupid. Only SE would try to pull a stunt like that, naming a game after it's development process. Stupid. Change it.
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#6theofficefan99Posted 3/18/2013 10:04:37 AM
EventualDecline posted...
"Versus 13" has always been a goofy name, and if you like it, there's something wrong with you. As I've said many times before on these boards, I don't think you obsessed Otaku realize that the casuals and less obsessed are going to have no f***ing clue what "Versus 13" means, and are going to think it's a side game of FF13, or an FF themed fighting game. Final Fantasy Versus 13! Awesome chain combos and mega moves with Lightning! Sazh finishing moves with kick ass taunts and animations! That's what it looks like. It's a stupid name and it needs to change.

The damn game is named after a developer disagreement (this game is "versus" the other 13 that went into development), and that's awfully stupid. Only SE would try to pull a stunt like that, naming a game after it's development process. Stupid. Change it.

I've said many times before that I'm all for a name change, but not to XV.

Also, this is Square Enix. Have you forgotten about Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy and Dissidia [012] Duodecim: Final Fantasy?
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#7EventualDeclinePosted 3/18/2013 10:30:37 AM
theofficefan99 posted...

Also, this is Square Enix. Have you forgotten about Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy and Dissidia [012] Duodecim: Final Fantasy?

I haven't forgotten anything. Let's also not forget "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days", and of course "Bravely Default: Flying Fairy", a game so moronically named that I think SE should be forced to close and sell off all their assets to another company, due to the name of that game alone.

I didn't say that Versus has to be called FF15 either, I would also prefer calling it Final Fantasy: Insert Subtitle, but there's also nothing wrong with calling it FF15. One thing that annoys and bewilders me is the hardcore FF fanboy insistence in not renaming Versus to FF15, as FF15 is some kind of a sacred cow and no game could ever dare be renamed FF15, not even Versus. You're continuing that meme, that all Square fanboys seem to propagate. I find this absurd, because FF15 is a game that does not exist.

Versus may very damn well BE FF15 for all you know, and if it isn't, it doesn't matter since FF15 is a non-game, at least to you. Why are you guys so protective about FF15? The game doesn't exist. Whatever game is or could be FF15 could become FF16 anyway. It's not important. The numbered system is stupid. By the time you get to the 15th or 16th game in a main series, using the numbered system is silly anyway. I think it's time to drop the damn numbers from the series, it's meaningless at this point, especially when they're using up numbers on games like FF14.

Plus, putting numbers AFTER a numbered title like FF10-2 and FF13-2 is also hardcore stupidity, and they need to stop doing that because it upsets me that they're so stupid. I don't like having hardcore stupid like that around me, making you stupid just by looking at the box of the game. I say just drop all the numbers altogether. In fact, I say rename Versus to FF15 and THEN drop the numbered series altogether, and have every main series FF game from now on use subtitles, like other normal companies do that don't have brain damage like SE.
---
"High speed progress, step by step, into a trap....."
#8theofficefan99Posted 3/18/2013 10:36:22 AM
EventualDecline posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

I haven't forgotten anything. Let's also not forget "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days", and of course "Bravely Default: Flying Fairy", a game so moronically named that I think SE should be forced to close and sell off all their assets to another company, due to the name of that game alone.

I didn't say that Versus has to be called FF15 either, I would also prefer calling it Final Fantasy: Insert Subtitle, but there's also nothing wrong with calling it FF15. One thing that annoys and bewilders me is the hardcore FF fanboy insistence in not renaming Versus to FF15, as FF15 is some kind of a sacred cow and no game could ever dare be renamed FF15, not even Versus. You're continuing that meme, that all Square fanboys seem to propagate. I find this absurd, because FF15 is a game that does not exist.

Versus may very damn well BE FF15 for all you know, and if it isn't, it doesn't matter since FF15 is a non-game, at least to you. Why are you guys so protective about FF15? The game doesn't exist. Whatever game is or could be FF15 could become FF16 anyway. It's not important. The numbered system is stupid. By the time you get to the 15th or 16th game in a main series, using the numbered system is silly anyway. I think it's time to drop the damn numbers from the series, it's meaningless at this point, especially when they're using up numbers on games like FF14.

Plus, putting numbers AFTER a numbered title like FF10-2 and FF13-2 is also hardcore stupidity, and they need to stop doing that because it upsets me that they're so stupid. I don't like having hardcore stupid like that around me, making you stupid just by looking at the box of the game. I say just drop all the numbers altogether. In fact, I say rename Versus to FF15 and THEN drop the numbered series altogether, and have every main series FF game from now on use subtitles, like other normal companies do that don't have brain damage like SE.

I like the mainline numbering. There's nothing wrong with it-- though I do agree that FF's XI and XIV should not have been numbered. I agree that X-2 and XIII-2 are unbelievably stupid, along with Days and Bravely Default.

However, the reason as to why I don't want Versus XIII to become XV is because when a new mainline title is revealed, it's always fresh and new. We've known about Versus' mythos, characters and settings for nearly 7 years now and personally, to me, that'd feel lazy to just change it to XV. That's why I personally would not be happy if they just changed this game to XV.

I think they should stop with the numbering after XIX lol. XX looks ridiculous :p
---
#9Lelouch71Posted 3/18/2013 11:22:11 AM
I choose I don't care one way or the other option.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#10Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 3/18/2013 12:23:00 PM
It'll stay Versus XIII. I couldnt care less if they rename it whatever they want. The game matters to me.
---
I like burgers sometimes.