So what do you want for the future of this game and what do you think it'll be?

#11zombie_basher13Posted 3/18/2013 7:05:10 PM
EventualDecline posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I've said many times before that I'm all for a name change, but not to XV.

Also, this is Square Enix. Have you forgotten about Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy and Dissidia [012] Duodecim: Final Fantasy?

I haven't forgotten anything. Let's also not forget "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days", and of course "Bravely Default: Flying Fairy", a game so moronically named that I think SE should be forced to close and sell off all their assets to another company, due to the name of that game alone.

I didn't say that Versus has to be called FF15 either, I would also prefer calling it Final Fantasy: Insert Subtitle, but there's also nothing wrong with calling it FF15. One thing that annoys and bewilders me is the hardcore FF fanboy insistence in not renaming Versus to FF15, as FF15 is some kind of a sacred cow and no game could ever dare be renamed FF15, not even Versus. You're continuing that meme, that all Square fanboys seem to propagate. I find this absurd, because FF15 is a game that does not exist.

Versus may very damn well BE FF15 for all you know, and if it isn't, it doesn't matter since FF15 is a non-game, at least to you. Why are you guys so protective about FF15? The game doesn't exist. Whatever game is or could be FF15 could become FF16 anyway. It's not important. The numbered system is stupid. By the time you get to the 15th or 16th game in a main series, using the numbered system is silly anyway. I think it's time to drop the damn numbers from the series, it's meaningless at this point, especially when they're using up numbers on games like FF14.

Plus, putting numbers AFTER a numbered title like FF10-2 and FF13-2 is also hardcore stupidity, and they need to stop doing that because it upsets me that they're so stupid. I don't like having hardcore stupid like that around me, making you stupid just by looking at the box of the game. I say just drop all the numbers altogether. In fact, I say rename Versus to FF15 and THEN drop the numbered series altogether, and have every main series FF game from now on use subtitles, like other normal companies do that don't have brain damage like SE.

Would you stop whining about names and chillax? They're frikin NAMES, who cares.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#12aeoxeternalPosted 3/18/2013 7:15:49 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
I've said many times before that I'm all for a name change, but not to XV.

Also, this is Square Enix. Have you forgotten about Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy and Dissidia [012] Duodecim: Final Fantasy?

I haven't forgotten anything. Let's also not forget "Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days", and of course "Bravely Default: Flying Fairy", a game so moronically named that I think SE should be forced to close and sell off all their assets to another company, due to the name of that game alone.

I didn't say that Versus has to be called FF15 either, I would also prefer calling it Final Fantasy: Insert Subtitle, but there's also nothing wrong with calling it FF15. One thing that annoys and bewilders me is the hardcore FF fanboy insistence in not renaming Versus to FF15, as FF15 is some kind of a sacred cow and no game could ever dare be renamed FF15, not even Versus. You're continuing that meme, that all Square fanboys seem to propagate. I find this absurd, because FF15 is a game that does not exist.

Versus may very damn well BE FF15 for all you know, and if it isn't, it doesn't matter since FF15 is a non-game, at least to you. Why are you guys so protective about FF15? The game doesn't exist. Whatever game is or could be FF15 could become FF16 anyway. It's not important. The numbered system is stupid. By the time you get to the 15th or 16th game in a main series, using the numbered system is silly anyway. I think it's time to drop the damn numbers from the series, it's meaningless at this point, especially when they're using up numbers on games like FF14.

Plus, putting numbers AFTER a numbered title like FF10-2 and FF13-2 is also hardcore stupidity, and they need to stop doing that because it upsets me that they're so stupid. I don't like having hardcore stupid like that around me, making you stupid just by looking at the box of the game. I say just drop all the numbers altogether. In fact, I say rename Versus to FF15 and THEN drop the numbered series altogether, and have every main series FF game from now on use subtitles, like other normal companies do that don't have brain damage like SE.

Would you stop whining about names and chillax? They're frikin NAMES, who cares.

I'm not understanding how a name change will make people feel gypped. They will still have their fresh take in the next FF that is "preparingu for deveropementu" whether it's name is changed or not. I would prefer VsXIII to be XV anyway, but I could care less if they changed the name to Finally Released, I just want the damn game.
---
Official Vaan of the FFXV board
#13PillsberyDoeManPosted 3/18/2013 11:10:57 PM

the point is, the game we know as "versus 13" should either remain faithful to that title or move onto something else entirely. shifting its' name to "final fantasy 15" is lazy and would be extremely disappointing. the point of revealing a new main roman numeral ff game is to be a new, fresh experience. not scraps from a game that was revealed 7 years ago.

look at agito 13. it became something completely new. not the next main ff game. i know it's weird to compare a console and handheld title in the same regard, but the principle is the same.
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#14GuitaristMattPosted 3/18/2013 11:14:30 PM
Other, it will be Final Fantasy Bar-sauce Sardine.

Noctis Orgy.
---
http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/cheesystuff.png
i5-3250 GT640m 2GB DDR3 4GB HDD 500GB