Good news for FFX HD fans - maybe there's hope for VS after all?

#11Lelouch71Posted 3/19/2013 10:15:42 AM
Darth_Havok posted...
Well, there are those out there that seem to believe that SQEX are trying to send off the PS3 with a final wave of epic titles that will wow us all. FFX/X2 HD, then FFXIII-LR, then (finally) MAYBE Versus (or whatever it's called)

We're already getting KH HD 1.5 & now the rumored 2.5 and Type-0 is on the VITA with no PS3 port plans IIRC so it's possible... as for probable... well... I am not getting my hopes up personally but I'd be more than ok w/ it

Where the hell you got the idea that Type 0 is on the Vita? They currently have no plans for Type 0 because they don't know what system to put it on.

KH2.5 HD remix, Drakengard 3, FFXII HD, and Versus will likely be the PS3 swan song when it comes to SE.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#12theofficefan99Posted 3/19/2013 10:24:20 AM
Lelouch71 posted...
Darth_Havok posted...
Well, there are those out there that seem to believe that SQEX are trying to send off the PS3 with a final wave of epic titles that will wow us all. FFX/X2 HD, then FFXIII-LR, then (finally) MAYBE Versus (or whatever it's called)

We're already getting KH HD 1.5 & now the rumored 2.5 and Type-0 is on the VITA with no PS3 port plans IIRC so it's possible... as for probable... well... I am not getting my hopes up personally but I'd be more than ok w/ it

Where the hell you got the idea that Type 0 is on the Vita? They currently have no plans for Type 0 because they don't know what system to put it on.

KH2.5 HD remix, Drakengard 3, FFXII HD, and Versus will likely be the PS3 swan song when it comes to SE.

Let's hope all of those come out worldwide at the end of this year...

lol. That requires far too much naivete. No way in hell that's going to happen :p
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#13Darth_Havok(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 11:58:25 AM
I can't recall where put the rumor was (back a while now) that the localization was taking so long because of a (possible) VITA port, but the VITA sales are bad and the PSP is dead in NA so the theory was that Squeenix didn't wanna bother. *shrugs* Not saying it's true or not & old news at best but makes sense as to why they wouldn't bother. Best games available on VITA right now are free for + members and since the PSPgo flopped big time, I think it's pretty much dead now in NA. I dunno, I want it to get localized but the PSP is pretty dead & all the good SQEX (IMO) games never go digital anyways... KH:BBS, Crisis Core, never made it to digital or they'd be on my VITA right now. If they make a physical only port to the PSP... I dunno, doesn't make sense to me
---
The Official Maverick Hunter Zero of the MvC3 board!
PSN: Darth-Griever
#14theofficefan99Posted 3/19/2013 12:02:40 PM
Darth_Havok posted...
I can't recall where put the rumor was (back a while now) that the localization was taking so long because of a (possible) VITA port, but the VITA sales are bad and the PSP is dead in NA so the theory was that Squeenix didn't wanna bother. *shrugs* Not saying it's true or not & old news at best but makes sense as to why they wouldn't bother. Best games available on VITA right now are free for + members and since the PSPgo flopped big time, I think it's pretty much dead now in NA. I dunno, I want it to get localized but the PSP is pretty dead & all the good SQEX (IMO) games never go digital anyways... KH:BBS, Crisis Core, never made it to digital or they'd be on my VITA right now. If they make a physical only port to the PSP... I dunno, doesn't make sense to me

I think it's safe to say that Type-0 is just never going to be released worldwide. At least not any time soon.

If the game doesn't show up at E3 I'm just gonna buy the Japanese version and then use the translation.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#15Darth_Havok(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 12:08:31 PM
^^ this is what I mean - it's a PSP game. The PSP & VITA are really the only viable options UNLESS they go with an HD remake in which case the PS3 would work. The point is that the PSP & VITA make no money so SQEX probably don't want to release a game on consoles that are just gonna get mediocre sales.
---
The Official Maverick Hunter Zero of the MvC3 board!
PSN: Darth-Griever
#16Lelouch71Posted 3/19/2013 4:53:08 PM
Darth_Havok posted...
^^ this is what I mean - it's a PSP game. The PSP & VITA are really the only viable options UNLESS they go with an HD remake in which case the PS3 would work. The point is that the PSP & VITA make no money so SQEX probably don't want to release a game on consoles that are just gonna get mediocre sales.

No the PS3 and 3DS are both viable options as well. The 3DS dominates Japan and is doing well everywhere else. The PS3 has a 75+ million user base. So they could do a Type 0 International for the 3DS or a HD collection for the PS3 that includes Crisis Core and Dissidia 012. The PSP is dead in the west. The Vita is pretty much flopping in the west. Who knows if it will truly pick up in Japan. It did solid last week. The main question os will it keep that momentum.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"