Final Fantasy overload!!!

#1zombie_basher13Posted 3/19/2013 12:36:14 PM
Hey guys, do any of you feel like there's just too much FF goin on right now? Well sure it's always been like that but I feel like it's even worse now. You got Versus in limbo, you got Lightning Returns and XIV this year, you got X and now X-2 HD (on one disc thankfully), you got Type-0, and now the new one coming to PS4 to be shown at E3. We're drowning in FF D= Oh noez.

At least they're making Drakengard 3. That sort of but not really offers something different.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#2theofficefan99Posted 3/19/2013 12:41:03 PM
You jump from sarcasm and seriousness multiple times in your OP :p

Anyways, yeah, no. In terms of new, quality Final Fantasy titles, we've been in a slump for a few years now.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 3/19/2013 12:50:20 PM(edited)
Screw Quack Enix! Versus updates nao!
---
I like burgers sometimes.
#4heartlesshero17Posted 3/19/2013 1:23:55 PM
I kinda agree. I just want new ips and for some old ones to return. I'd be happy if some other high end ips were released alongside the FF games

The fact Drakengard 3 is coming has filled my heart with rainbows though. The kind of announcement I've been looking for. Incredibly hyped for that. Love the growing wings remix on the site and look forward to some trailers and hopefully more awesome music to be revealed soon

Now I just hope we can see some other new series from SE. Still waiting on that unreal engine rpg to be revealed
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#5zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 1:51:36 PM
heartlesshero17 posted...
I kinda agree. I just want new ips and for some old ones to return. I'd be happy if some other high end ips were released alongside the FF games

The fact Drakengard 3 is coming has filled my heart with rainbows though. The kind of announcement I've been looking for. Incredibly hyped for that. Love the growing wings remix on the site and look forward to some trailers and hopefully more awesome music to be revealed soon

Now I just hope we can see some other new series from SE. Still waiting on that unreal engine rpg to be revealed

Yes, the Drakengard 3 announcement has filled my heart with joy. Never thought there would be another, thought Nier was it. But I feel like SE is taking some steps forward (X/X-2 HD and international versions, KH HD remix with final mix coming to EU and US, XIV being remade into a better game, Drak 3, etc.) so at some point they are bound to take 10 steps back. Mark my words. They are gonna screw up again soon.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#6heartlesshero17Posted 3/19/2013 2:05:07 PM
Despite reviews, Nier had a pretty positive reaction from fans and actually out sold the original Drakengard. So I figured we would see more. But then Cavia went under and I lost hope. Glad they picked this back up. I guess even with this series low sales, the fact that it sold that much on such a small budget must have made it look like an appealing investment to SE

But lol at 10 step backs. It could happen. Hopefully I get a chrono game before that happens. Yeah I know, chrono is never happening again
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#7ExtremeLightPosted 3/19/2013 5:33:07 PM
zombie_basher13 posted...
Hey guys, do any of you feel like there's just too much FF goin on right now? Well sure it's always been like that but I feel like it's even worse now. You got Versus in limbo, you got Lightning Returns and XIV this year, you got X and now X-2 HD (on one disc thankfully), you got Type-0, and now the new one coming to PS4 to be shown at E3. We're drowning in FF D= Oh noez.

At least they're making Drakengard 3. That sort of but not really offers something different.

-Versus will come next year. Just trust me.
-LR is following it natural progression.
-XIV ARR is just there.
-X HD is a godsend from SE: "Sorry you felt like tthe series was bad lately so here is the second best FF and it sequel".
-Type-0 BEEN out.
-The new one won't be out for years.

Too much FF and most people will only play 2 this year, one next year, and the one on PS4?
Too much?
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#8zombie_basher13(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 5:51:24 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
zombie_basher13 posted...

-Versus will come next year. Just trust me.
-LR is following it natural progression.
-XIV ARR is just there.
-X HD is a godsend from SE: "Sorry you felt like tthe series was bad lately so here is the second best FF and it sequel".
-Type-0 BEEN out.
-The new one won't be out for years.

Too much FF and most people will only play 2 this year, one next year, and the one on PS4?
Too much?

What I mean is, they're making too much FF and not enough of other IPs and original things they could be doing. I'm not talkin bout release dates here, just the simple fact of what games they have to offer us. Which is Final Fantasy and more Final Fantasy. With some Kingdom Hearts and Dragon Quest sprinkled around.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#9TomorrowDogPosted 3/19/2013 8:34:29 PM

It's a goddamn port. I don't know why people have goddamn orgasms over goddamn ports.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#10aeoxeternalPosted 3/19/2013 8:40:06 PM
TomorrowDog posted...

It's a goddamn port. I don't know why people have goddamn orgasms over goddamn ports.

Goddamn rumor has it that it has XIII's graphics as of goddamn destination playstation, not sure if this goddamn rumor is still true though, goddammit. And whether or not it does have the goddamn graphics of XIII, it's still being remade. Goddamn ports aren't goddamn remakes, bro.
---
Official Vaan of the FFXV board