Rumor is back again...

#1theofficefan99Posted 3/19/2013 12:56:55 PM
http://www.vgleaks.com/final-fantasy-xv-will-be-exclusive-on-ps4/

Square-Enix has had problems in the current gen, I suspect that the company couldnít adapt Final Fantasy and other IPs to the HD era. Moreover, the first version of FF14 was a downfall, this game forced to stop the development of other games to focus in the rebuild of FF14. Really itís like a new game.

Square-Enix announced Final Fantasy Versus XIII years ago and the game was lost in the limbo. Square decided to halt Versus PS3 development two years ago, but the RPG wasnít cancelled, why? Two years ago, Square-Enix moved the game to PS4 and Sony got in the project.

Actually Sony is co-developing the game with Square-Enix, therefore, this game will be exclusive on PS4. Square renamed Versus to FF15 in the middle of this process. Sonyís studios are helping SE with FF15 assets among other tasks.

We hinted this PS4 exclusive one month ago, but we couldnít speak freely about this topic. Now, itís all that we can say.

What do you guys think? I know these rumors are flying around but I don't want this to be true. I just wanted this damn game to be out last year as an amazing PS3 exclusive named Final Fantasy Versus XIII, dammit.

Is this site even reliable? What is this site? Apparently they posted the PS4's GPU info up but I'm not a tech guy to know anything and I can't compare what's right and what's wrong :p
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 12:58:42 PM
Link to NeoGAF thread in case people want to watch:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526410
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#3NoctionusPosted 3/19/2013 1:08:41 PM
I'm okay with this.
---
http://i.imgur.com/CxdWY.gif
#4theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 1:18:41 PM(edited)
Noctionus posted...
I'm okay with this.

Honestly, I think this is true.

The only reason why I'm not okay with this is because:

1. I want Versus XIII to be 2 discs
2. Slim>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Launch in terms of console models
3. Main offline numbered titles are always fresh, new experiences. We already know what Versus XIII/XV will be like. Then again, there's always XVI!
---
#5Asd202Posted 3/19/2013 1:17:10 PM
VGleaks certainly gives this more credibility.
#6theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 1:17:54 PM
Apparently, this site was spot-on with their PS4 specs and the like.
---
#7theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 1:19:04 PM
Asd202 posted...

Indeed, apparently they've been right quite a few times.
---
#8Asd202Posted 3/19/2013 1:26:54 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
Asd202 posted...

Indeed, apparently they've been right quite a few times.

With hardware they were spot on games not so much but still it's better then some random joe on forums.
#9Switchfoot2008Posted 3/19/2013 1:27:07 PM
Square Enix did NOT halt development on the game two years ago. The game went into FULL PRODUCTION two years ago for the PS3. If Versus was going to be a PS4 exlusive it would have been shown at the PS4 press conference.
#10Asd202Posted 3/19/2013 1:33:52 PM(edited)
Switchfoot2008 posted...
Square Enix did NOT halt development on the game two years ago. The game went into FULL PRODUCTION two years ago for the PS3. If Versus was going to be a PS4 exlusive it would have been shown at the PS4 press conference.

I actually think it went full production but it was halted shorty after when they deiced to make FF XIV 2.0. They threw everything on that game and if it really went into full production without any stops you would not here today about LR but about Versus XIII, hell I'll go as far to say that LR wouldn't have even existed if they were really working on Versus for 2 years.