Rumor is back again...

#131King GirPosted 3/20/2013 10:03:57 PM
Vunks posted...
King Gir posted...
Vunks posted...
Yes they are going to shift away from a console with a 75 million install base.

If that's the case, then we should never move on to the next generation consoles since all of the old consoles have larger install bases than their new counterparts.

What you're not considering is that the PS4 is the future, and in order for it to be the future, they need a big title to sell the system, and Versus/XV fills that role nicely.

Systems don't start out with games that are this expensive. Sorry to have to tell you this but what you want makes no sense. Systems start by selling easy to make and cheap games till the user base is increased. Then you get your final fantasy. Unless tgis system pulls a ps2 and takes off like a rocket ship don't expect a final fantasy game for the system till year 3

And if this was the last generation, I would agree with you, but the next generation isn't going to be normal at all. Consoles are on the way out, if not at the end of this generation, then at the end of the next. Sony needs to get this console out and demonstrate a good reason why we've moved on to the next generation (because quite frankly everything at Sony's press conference was the same bulls*** with better graphics). And what better way to do that than with a polished, amazing Final Fantasy title? Besides, I'm not trying to say this is going to be available at launch. I think the game will be out between 1-1.5 years after the PS4 launches.
---
Cleveland fan for life.
XBLA: Shaka999 PSN: Shaka1124
#132MimebladePosted 3/20/2013 11:31:11 PM
You know...this could always take the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess route.

That is to say, that game was on both Gamecube AND Wii.

I'd say that was a smart move by Nintendo.

I'd also say it would be a smart move for Square-Enix to do the same (if feasible).
---
If you have a question about Guilty Gear, ask me anything!
http://gear-project.tumblr.com/
#133theofficefan99(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 11:59:01 PM
I just came back home.... What happened to Zeal's topic? And every thread is getting locked...
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#134GamerManiac187Posted 3/21/2013 12:04:11 AM
Mimeblade posted...

I'd also say it would be a smart move for Square-Enix to do the same (if feasible).

I'd think not, Wii and GC's architecture are basically the same IIRC. Remember those Gamecube 1.5 jokes? Well to my knowledge, the Wii is essentially a GameCube but with the CPU and GPU swapped out for something more powerful.

The same can't be said about PS3 and PS4.
---
http://backloggery.com/kurano
#135PillsberyDoeManPosted 3/21/2013 3:01:26 AM
GamerManiac187 posted...
Mimeblade posted...

I'd think not, Wii and GC's architecture are basically the same IIRC. Remember those Gamecube 1.5 jokes? Well to my knowledge, the Wii is essentially a GameCube but with the CPU and GPU swapped out for something more powerful.

as much as i hate to admit it, it's not entirely impossible. ubisoft has already confirmed that watch dogs will be released on every platform later this year. the ps4 version will supposedly have more to offer in terms of raw power and performance. who's to say another mega-company like se won't do the same?
---
impatiently waiting on versus xiii...
EDIT: not so much anymore... (4/28/11)
#136GamerManiac187Posted 3/21/2013 4:14:01 AM
PillsberyDoeMan posted...
GamerManiac187 posted...
Mimeblade posted...

as much as i hate to admit it, it's not entirely impossible. ubisoft has already confirmed that watch dogs will be released on every platform later this year. the ps4 version will supposedly have more to offer in terms of raw power and performance. who's to say another mega-company like se won't do the same?

This is a bit of a different case as well. Watch Dogs from the start has been planned to be multi-plat. Versus, as far as we know, was not. PS4 is touted to have a simple architecture, so it probably wasn't too much work to develop the PC, 360 and PS4 versions in tandem.

I'm thinking SE is either going to go only PS3 or only PS4. Since the credibility of this rumour seems high, and Versus is indeed going to the PS4, it seems SE didn't really get far in developing Versus for the PS3. Some prototyping, doing a few models and levels to show in that 2011 trailer.

Which means Versus is going to take even LONGER to get done, if it is true that PS4 devkits went around only late last year.

Well, in any case, I better not start taking every rumour as truth. The other "Q4 2013 - Q1 2014" rumour I've been taking a little too close to heart, especially when this rumour would really contradict that.

I think I'll just strap myself in and wait for E3.
---
#137Darth_HavokPosted 3/21/2013 6:33:15 AM
Well, maybe Final Fantasy games are expensive & usually don't come out for a few years after the launch but #1) if Sony is working WITH SQEX on this, that would take care of some of the expense - it's an exclusivity deal after all. Second, it's not likely to be a launch title or you'd have heard about it a while back? It's possible it's going to be released at the very end of the year, or early next year, etc. so that doesn't set it in stone IMO.

- lastly; what if Sony themselves started this rumor to drive interest & inevitable sales to their new console?!
---
The Official Maverick Hunter Zero of the MvC3 board!
PSN: Darth-Griever
#138IshramTheWrathPosted 3/21/2013 6:39:32 AM
Darth_Havok posted...

- lastly; what if Sony themselves started this rumor to drive interest & inevitable sales to their new console?!

You mean the way they did with Versus on PS3 7 ****ing years ago?
---
Toriyama Motomu is the Uwe Boll of video games.
#139Darth_HavokPosted 3/21/2013 6:41:38 AM
^^ lol ya. Just wait for the VITA port rumor for vs & 0-type to show up & breathe life back into an otherwise failing system lol
---
The Official Maverick Hunter Zero of the MvC3 board!
PSN: Darth-Griever
#140GamerManiac187Posted 3/21/2013 8:04:02 AM
Darth_Havok posted...
Well, maybe Final Fantasy games are expensive & usually don't come out for a few years after the launch but #1) if Sony is working WITH SQEX on this, that would take care of some of the expense - it's an exclusivity deal after all. Second, it's not likely to be a launch title or you'd have heard about it a while back? It's possible it's going to be released at the very end of the year, or early next year, etc. so that doesn't set it in stone IMO.

Oh, I was just saying that, that on the other rumour, if it were to release so soon, I would think it'd be for PS3.

Not sure how much Sony is involved in this. I mean Versus was going to be PS3 exclusive anyway. Not too sure if Sony wants to guarantee "killer apps" for their new console either, but the PS Meeting showing was quite paltry.
---