Rumor is back again...

#51kewldude475Posted 3/19/2013 5:09:50 PM
http://gematsu.com/2013/03/ff-versus-xiii-outfit-designer-lists-game-as-final-fantasy-15

/end topic
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#52kewldude475Posted 3/19/2013 5:11:31 PM
Panda_Kun posted...
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
Panda_Kun posted...
WTF is up with the rumors lately?

Trying to get SE to respond, most likely

Plausible. But we already seen that happened with Kotaku and we didn't get s***. Unless you can call what Wada said as any sort of update.

Why wouldn't we count it. Kotaku tried to get a response, and they got it.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#53utsusuPosted 3/19/2013 5:17:00 PM
kewldude475 posted...
http://gematsu.com/2013/03/ff-versus-xiii-outfit-designer-lists-game-as-final-fantasy-15

/end topic

Sadly, ROEN has fixed the typo.
#54ContraversialPosted 3/19/2013 5:19:59 PM

/end topic

http://www.roen.jp/BIOGRAPHY/

/continue topic

Also the fact that Sony is co-developing with SE for Versus is complete bs after realizing this: http://societyandreligion.com/2013/02/sony-final-fantasy-xiii-guardian-agent/

Isn't it weird that if Sony picked up on developing along side with SE on Versus, he would say something more than just "You're asking the wrong person"?

GG

Continue being oblivious.
#55Panda_KunPosted 3/19/2013 5:37:01 PM(edited)
kewldude475 posted...
Panda_Kun posted...
CokaineCowboy77 posted...
Panda_Kun posted...
WTF is up with the rumors lately?

Trying to get SE to respond, most likely

Plausible. But we already seen that happened with Kotaku and we didn't get s***. Unless you can call what Wada said as any sort of update.

Why wouldn't we count it. Kotaku tried to get a response, and they got it.

Because it didn't change a damn thing. It's still in development. Great, how about something to back up those claims? And where the f*** are my long overdue trailers, screenshots etc. etc.?!
---
"Lara Croft, You're My Hero!"
#56zombie_basher13Posted 3/19/2013 5:44:19 PM
Rose_of_May posted...
Switchfoot2008 posted...
It would take a TON of time to redo everything they optimized for PS3 and move it over to PS4. It would become Duke Nukem Forever in that respect.

Square Enix put out FF IX at the end of PS1 console gen. and FF XII at the end of PS2 gen. The same is going to happen with Versus on PS3 because they know that a console has the largest install base at the end of its lifespan.

Maybe. Maybe not. Plenty of developers have praised the PS4 for its ease of development. Perhaps shifting the game over to the PS4 isn't as time consuming as you think.

But with Square Enix it will take another 4 years to finish Versus on PS4.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#57kingrat2314Posted 3/19/2013 5:46:00 PM
Guess what's back. Back again. Rumor's back. Tell a friend. Guess what's back. Guess what's back. Guess what's back. Guess what's back. Guess what's back. Guess what's back. Guess what's back. yeahhh.
#58xXVongolaRebornPosted 3/19/2013 5:48:09 PM
Switchfoot2008 posted...
King Gir posted...
Switchfoot2008 posted...
That's definitely not true, and Duke Nukem Forever is proof of that.

No, that's not proof at all. If that was the case, plenty of games would've taken ten years to make. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is Twilight Princess coming to the Wii, and that was a first party game. According to the new rumors, Sony is helping with the process, so it seems completely plausible that the game would move on to the PS4 as a first party title.

EDIT: Also, none of us have any idea how hard/easy it is to port these games anyway.

Twilight Princess was a port from Gamecube to Wii and was easy, because the Wii has backward compatibility. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Duke Nukem Forever suffered from technology changes. Look it up.

That's kind of different though, isn't it? I'm pretty sure Duke Nukem had the entire engine change multiple times on top of changing consoles.

At least I think it did, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, one game is not indicative of all games in the same situation. Duke Nukem was passed between a lot of people, hence a lot of the problems.

Versus XIII is still being handled by Square, so who know how flexible their new/old engine is or how easy it is to build/port.
#59King GirPosted 3/19/2013 5:52:00 PM
xXVongolaReborn posted...
Switchfoot2008 posted...
King Gir posted...
Switchfoot2008 posted...
That's definitely not true, and Duke Nukem Forever is proof of that.

No, that's not proof at all. If that was the case, plenty of games would've taken ten years to make. The only example I can think of off the top of my head is Twilight Princess coming to the Wii, and that was a first party game. According to the new rumors, Sony is helping with the process, so it seems completely plausible that the game would move on to the PS4 as a first party title.

EDIT: Also, none of us have any idea how hard/easy it is to port these games anyway.

Twilight Princess was a port from Gamecube to Wii and was easy, because the Wii has backward compatibility. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Duke Nukem Forever suffered from technology changes. Look it up.

That's kind of different though, isn't it? I'm pretty sure Duke Nukem had the entire engine change multiple times on top of changing consoles.

At least I think it did, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, one game is not indicative of all games in the same situation. Duke Nukem was passed between a lot of people, hence a lot of the problems.

Versus XIII is still being handled by Square, so who know how flexible their new/old engine is or how easy it is to build/port.

Everything this guy said, that was my point.
---
Cleveland fan for life.
XBLA: Shaka999 PSN: Shaka1124
#60Sorrow_EnderPosted 3/19/2013 6:23:52 PM
what i'm trying to wrap my head around is the fact the SE didn't showcase this game at the ps4 conference if it was changed to being a ps4 game, i mean it seemed like a perfect opportunity if you ask me

so rumors stay rumors
---
The Dawn of Sorrow is Approaching