1.8% (2 votes)
PS4; Next Xbox; Wii U
3.6% (4 votes)
other
2.7% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
What do you think about Versus release?
#2Lard_in_TeaPosted 3/21/2013 9:56:35 AM
PS4, I'm convinced. I'm willing to bet it won't have any connection to FFXIII mythos hence it'll be FFXV.

FFXIII: Lightning Returns will take the spot that FFvsXIII was originally intended to and then SE is finished with the PS3 was far as FF games are concerned.
---
"Hey-hey! Tea! Can I have some too? With lotsa sugar and honey and... oh yeah, don't forget the lard!" - Palmer
Waiting for MGS:GZ (& MGO3)
#3theofficefan99Posted 3/21/2013 10:11:45 AM
Lard_in_Tea posted...
PS4, I'm convinced. I'm willing to bet it won't have any connection to FFXIII mythos hence it'll be FFXV.

FFXIII: Lightning Returns will take the spot that FFvsXIII was originally intended to and then SE is finished with the PS3 was far as FF games are concerned.

You seriously think they changed this entire game? I don't see the mentality of this. Might as well can Versus XIII all-together and go with XV.

If this game became XV, they're not changing the damn story and mythos. A game does not need "XIII" in the title to be part of FNC, which is why they dropped "XIII" from FNC 2 years ago, and why Agito XIII became Type-0 and still retained the mythos.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#4Lelouch71Posted 3/21/2013 10:28:18 AM
It will stay on the PS3. Whether it becomes a multiplat with the PS4 is unknown. But SE isn't stupid enough to abandon a 75+ million user base for a less establish system that could flop for all we know.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"
#5theofficefan99Posted 3/21/2013 10:31:03 AM
Lelouch71 posted...
It will stay on the PS3. Whether it becomes a multiplat with the PS4 is unknown. But SE isn't stupid enough to abandon a 75+ million user base for a less establish system that could flop for all we know.

You never know. This is Square Enix, after all.

I'll be happy with it being on the PS4, and I'll be happy with it being on the PS3. Doesn't really matter to me, personally.

E3 is too far away :p
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6Charizard18Posted 3/21/2013 10:40:18 AM

---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"Ready--but watch out for the ULTIMATE TRAFFIC STOPPER: A POLICE ROADBLOCK."
#7Asd202Posted 3/21/2013 10:56:42 AM
Lelouch71 posted...

I would love to see your reaction when Versus lands on PS4 either as Versus or FF XV :P.
#8theofficefan99Posted 3/21/2013 10:59:45 AM
Asd202 posted...
Lelouch71 posted...

I would love to see your reaction when Versus lands on PS4 either as Versus or FF XV :P.

It's all unconfirmed rumors at this point, though.

We all know that we just have to wait until E3 at this point.
---
#9Remiel89(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 2:51:01 PM
Lelouch71 posted...

Not if Sony paid for the exclusive. That would give: to SQEX enough money to cover a potential flop (on PS4); to Sony a great killer application for the first years of PS4.
Let's not forget that Sony and SQEX are still "linked" (a bit) because Sony owns something like 7/11% of SQEX shares.
#10Lelouch71Posted 3/21/2013 3:01:05 PM
Asd202 posted...

My reaction would be to call them idiots as both a gamer and a business man (well business major). It wouldn't make any logical sense to make it PS4 exclusive. They wouldn't make as much as money they would on the PS3 simply because early adopters are in the minority. The vast majority won't jump ship to the PS4 until its 4-5 years old.

Remiel89 posted...
Not if Sony paid for the exclusive. That would give: to SQEX enough money to cover a potential flop (on PS4); to Sony a great killer application for the first years of PS4.
Let's not forget that Sony and SQEX are still "linked" (a bit) because Sony owns something like 7/11% of SQEX shares.

Sony would want to maximize the sales of their PS3 as well since they are now making profit from it. So they would be stupid to pay exclusivity for the PS4 while throwing their PS3 owners under the bus. Sony may be run by idiots but I doubt they are THAT dumb. That is why at best SE would make a PS4 version that is slightly better assuming they aren't complete morons. Kind of like DQX coming out for both the Wii and Wii U. I could see Versus being the same just with the PS3 and PS4 if they want to go there.
---
"Your arms are too short to box with God!"