With All the Hd Remasters, The First Full Blown Console FF Remake Should Be

#1turtles1236Posted 3/22/2013 10:11:34 PM
Final Fantasy 8

Of the newer FF games (ff7-current) ff8 seems more like the black sheep of the franchise. The story and character development was really good, the diverse locations was really good but the game mechanics and battle system was . . . meh.

The draw system was a good idea but done bad and horribly time consuming. Magic wasn't very effective as it was better to junction than to use, elemental physical attack > casting spell etc.

The X/X-2 remaster got me thinking, if they redone this game but changed the battle system and tweaked some other things it would sell well. I'd actually prefer a ff8 remake over ff7 or 9 mainly because of the battle system. IMO X/X-2 has the best turned based system i've ever played. If they reworked the draw, magic and junction system and used the X/X-2 battle system it would be a nearly perfect FF game.

Think about this,

Would this idea be any worse than the 13 series?

and

This gen was a remaster era for SE and other devs why not make the next gen a remake era?
---
If You Look Past The First 3 Layers Of Bull S*** You Will Always Find The Truth
PSN: BiG_j_632 / XBL: XIG BiG j 632
#2SoulMikeYPosted 3/22/2013 10:16:14 PM
Not necessarily for the same reasons, but I do agree. FF8 to me deserves a remake. That is still the best Final Fantasy to date.
#3Austin_4ePosted 3/22/2013 10:27:20 PM
I feel the opposite way, I loved the game mechanics and battle system, but absolutely hated the story and the atrocious characters.
---
http://i.imgur.com/o2YQqWa.gif | http://i.imgur.com/FIpNw.gif | http://i.imgur.com/K86pJ.gif
[[ PSN: Austin_4e ]]
#4dkgerbil2Posted 3/22/2013 10:37:34 PM
turtles1236 posted...
This gen was a remaster era for SE and other devs why not make the next gen a remake era?

I would hope that developers stop spending time and money remaking games they've already made and start producing newer games. The remakes are nice and all, but if my choice was a remake of every Final Fantasy game or 2-3 new ones, I'll take the new ones.
---
All my friends are in bar bands.
#5theofficefan99Posted 3/22/2013 10:46:25 PM
No. I think V and VI deserve 3D remakes for the 3DS and/or Vita, and other than that, they should continue moving the hell on. Bring on a localization of Type-0 (LOL YEAH RIGHT). Bring on Versus XIII (LOL YEAH RIGHT). Bring on XV.

...and while they're at it, bring on a new console Mana game. Bring on a new Chrono game. Bring on a new console Parasite Eve game. Bring on new tri-Ace console titles and a new Grandia game. :p
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#6turtles1236(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 10:47:36 PM
dkgerbil2 posted...
turtles1236 posted...

I would hope that developers stop spending time and money remaking games they've already made and start producing newer games. The remakes are nice and all, but if my choice was a remake of every Final Fantasy game or 2-3 new ones, I'll take the new ones.

i'd take a remake from an older FF over a 13, 13-2 and 13: LR bundle . . .
---
If You Look Past The First 3 Layers Of Bull S*** You Will Always Find The Truth
PSN: BiG_j_632 / XBL: XIG BiG j 632
#7dkgerbil2Posted 3/22/2013 10:58:55 PM
turtles1236 posted...
i'd take a remake from an older FF over a 13, 13-2 and 13: LR bundle . . .

A bundle would fall under the same category of rehashing old titles for a quick penny that remakes do, so I'm not proposing that as an alternative either. Just new games, thanks.
---
All my friends are in bar bands.
#8UltimaXOmegaPosted 3/22/2013 11:22:17 PM
Yes Rinoa in PS4 graphics with a voice.
---
The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic-Joseph Stalin
Official God of the Uchiha the legendary Madara Uchiha of the UNS3 boards
#9zombie_basher13Posted 3/23/2013 12:00:07 AM
TC, I agree. You know how they should remake the magic, draw, and junction system? Instead of drawing to reach a max of 100 dispensable spells, each spell should have a percentage chance of being obtained, then you have it permanately and can both use it and junction it to any stat enabled by GFs (so keep GFs the same and gaining their abilities the same). So say a common spell like Fire is a 60% chance, and every character has to draw it then they each have it, and a strong spell like Ultima or Meteor would be a lowly 0.5% chance.

This would simplify things and add more value to spell IMO. Or perhaps if you junction a spell, you can't cast it in or out of battle, so you would have to choose which will be junctioned and which you would like to use. This way, challenge is retained and the same basic idea is retained, but things are much less frustrating and time consuming.

And it's funny you mention FF 8, 'cause today I was just thinking about SE making so many FF sequels and wishing Kitase would get the idea in his head to revisit FF 8 after LR XIII is released, and do something there, whether it's a remake or a sequel or something. His reasoning could be something like, "Well we got to see the future of Cecil and Rosa and their child in FF IV The After Years, why not do the same with FF 8 and see where Squall and Rinoa might be 15 years later? Would they still be together? Would they have children? I would like to explore this."

Man that would be awesome.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#10zombie_basher13Posted 3/23/2013 12:08:42 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
No. I think V and VI deserve 3D remakes for the 3DS and/or Vita, and other than that, they should continue moving the hell on. Bring on a localization of Type-0 (LOL YEAH RIGHT). Bring on Versus XIII (LOL YEAH RIGHT). Bring on XV.

...and while they're at it, bring on a new console Mana game. Bring on a new Chrono game. Bring on a new console Parasite Eve game. Bring on new tri-Ace console titles and a new Grandia game. :p

Grandia was never made by SE. They only published Grandia 3, I think. That series was developed by Game Arts, which I think is defunct now or something? I dunno, but they made a Grandia MMO that went completely and utterly under the radar.

But I totally agree with you. I want all that stuff, and how awesome would it be to see a Parasite Eve on consoles with return to form PE 1 style, like visceral balls to the wall horror with RPG elements?
---
Look alive, you fools.