With All the Hd Remasters, The First Full Blown Console FF Remake Should Be

#11turtles1236(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 1:10:38 AM
zombie_basher13 posted...
TC, I agree. You know how they should remake the magic, draw, and junction system? Instead of drawing to reach a max of 100 dispensable spells, each spell should have a percentage chance of being obtained, then you have it permanately and can both use it and junction it to any stat enabled by GFs (so keep GFs the same and gaining their abilities the same). So say a common spell like Fire is a 60% chance, and every character has to draw it then they each have it, and a strong spell like Ultima or Meteor would be a lowly 0.5% chance.

That could be interesting, and after you draw and learn the spell they could and a MP type system on top of that so you could cast the spells.
---
If You Look Past The First 3 Layers Of Bull S*** You Will Always Find The Truth
PSN: BiG_j_632 / XBL: XIG BiG j 632
#12zombie_basher13Posted 3/23/2013 2:56:28 AM
turtles1236 posted...
TC, I agree. You know how they should remake the magic, draw, and junction system? Instead of drawing to reach a max of 100 dispensable spells, each spell should have a percentage chance of being obtained, then you have it permanately and can both use it and junction it to any stat enabled by GFs (so keep GFs the same and gaining their abilities the same). So say a common spell like Fire is a 60% chance, and every character has to draw it then they each have it, and a strong spell like Ultima or Meteor would be a lowly 0.5% chance.

That could be interesting, and after you draw and learn the spell they could and a MP type system on top of that so you could cast the spells.

Yes it would have MP added, forgot to add that. IMO that's how it should have been done originally.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#13MagnaderAlphaPosted 3/23/2013 7:23:31 AM
SoulMikeY posted...
Not necessarily for the same reasons, but I do agree. FF8 to me deserves a remake. That is still the best Final Fantasy to date.

It's one of the rare cases that they should remake it to actually MAKE IT BETTER. They could add most things to it, more GFs, more monsters, a couple new dungeons and super bosses, maybe work on the irk-worthy sections of the story and tone it up so it doesn't seem so hokey. Add voice acting to cut-scenes... yeah, that could work! Hell, I wanted this for a while, but why not feature Junction Battle version Junction battle, where when you fight Seifer or Fujin(or Raijin), for a super attack, THEY summon their GF's to perform moves on you? Where a lot of the characters are obviously junctioned to GFs(Edea, Fujin), why wouldn't they be summoning them against you? You do it to them! It's one of those little things I've always wonder about. The only time an enemy actually summons a GF to fight you is the final battle.
#14ArylliesPosted 3/23/2013 8:08:48 AM
Was I the only one that cringed at the: "Hey, I remember it now, we were all friends at the orphanage and Edea was our nanny!"

I remember this moment to this day, I put the controller down and proceeded to make a freshly-pressed orange juice while being still struck by such pathetic development.

After a few minutes, I go back to my controller and start sipping the juice only to spill everything on my TV after laughing so hard at the realisation that WOW, that really sucked.

The only explanation given for their memory "loss" being that using the guardians, they start losing bits of memories. Makes me thing that the principal of their schools may not have been any better than a terminal Alzheimer patient.

Way to go script writers.
#15theofficefan99Posted 3/23/2013 9:13:13 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
No. I think V and VI deserve 3D remakes for the 3DS and/or Vita, and other than that, they should continue moving the hell on. Bring on a localization of Type-0 (LOL YEAH RIGHT). Bring on Versus XIII (LOL YEAH RIGHT). Bring on XV.

...and while they're at it, bring on a new console Mana game. Bring on a new Chrono game. Bring on a new console Parasite Eve game. Bring on new tri-Ace console titles and a new Grandia game. :p

Grandia was never made by SE. They only published Grandia 3, I think. That series was developed by Game Arts, which I think is defunct now or something? I dunno, but they made a Grandia MMO that went completely and utterly under the radar.

But I totally agree with you. I want all that stuff, and how awesome would it be to see a Parasite Eve on consoles with return to form PE 1 style, like visceral balls to the wall horror with RPG elements?

I know it wasn't made by SE. I just want them to force Game Arts to make a new one :p And of course, I want SE to fund the project.

Indeed. I'd freaking love that, along with Grandia, Chrono and Mana. Those, along with Type-0, Versus XIII, and XV, and if they all end up being incredible?

Man, that'd be heaven.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#16Charizard18Posted 3/23/2013 9:33:32 AM
I'd love this. FF VIII is my tied with IX and V for my third favorite FF and would probably be my number 1 if it weren't for my biased love for IV and VI. I do agree that V and VI more than deserve remakes (even if it's in ff iii/iv remake style) at this point, but a FF VIII couldn't hurt. And they could work on fixing some of the things people had gripes about to make them more enjoyable. I'm one of the few people who actually liked the entire package, the story gameplay and characters, so a remake couldnt hurt if done well. Reliving Laguna, Ward and Kiros' adventures in HD and hearing Eyes On Me possibly remastered would be sublime.
---
Who would win, Jedi Charizard or Jedi Jigglypuff?
"Ready--but watch out for the ULTIMATE TRAFFIC STOPPER: A POLICE ROADBLOCK."
#17theofficefan99Posted 3/23/2013 1:36:15 PM
Charizard18 posted...
I'd love this. FF VIII is my tied with IX and V for my third favorite FF and would probably be my number 1 if it weren't for my biased love for IV and VI. I do agree that V and VI more than deserve remakes (even if it's in ff iii/iv remake style) at this point, but a FF VIII couldn't hurt. And they could work on fixing some of the things people had gripes about to make them more enjoyable. I'm one of the few people who actually liked the entire package, the story gameplay and characters, so a remake couldnt hurt if done well. Reliving Laguna, Ward and Kiros' adventures in HD and hearing Eyes On Me possibly remastered would be sublime.

Gameplay mechanics can be easily fixed, but the thing a lot of people have a problem with is the story, and that's something I don't think a remake can fix. They're better off just leaving the game as-is. It has plenty of fans. FFVIII is just fine.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#18ThamauturgePosted 3/23/2013 2:19:35 PM
Remaking VIII and not VII would be the worst decision Square could make.
---
Official Wiegraf Folles of the FFXV board
Currently playing: Persona 4: Golden, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Silent Hill Downpour, Ratchet Collection
#19MagnaderAlphaPosted 3/23/2013 3:42:09 PM(edited)
theofficefan99 posted...
Charizard18 posted...

Gameplay mechanics can be easily fixed, but the thing a lot of people have a problem with is the story, and that's something I don't think a remake can fix. They're better off just leaving the game as-is. It has plenty of fans. FFVIII is just fine.

It would be interesting, in a ballsy way, if they ever attempted to remake a FF game with story-tweaking, kinda like Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. I remember how the creators justified the differences between the original Sega CD Lunar and SSSC by saying the old Lunar is like listening to a story from an old traveler who only goes over the general bits but forgot the finer details. SSSC is like a story told by Alex fresh back from his adventure, so because he JUST experienced it, all the details are easier to remember. Besides, considering how the BAD aspects of FFVIII's story ARE pretty damn bad, I don't see anybody other than purists having a problem if that should ever happen(hypothetically speaking). You'd probably have a hell of a lot more ranting over the changing of FFVI or FFVII's stories than tweaking something irk-worthy like the orphanage scene to make it seem less..... stupid.

Though, that being said, if it's more along the lines of fixing game mechanics, I'd prefer an HD remaster of FFIX with sped up battles. I think that would be awesome!
#20theofficefan99Posted 3/23/2013 3:52:54 PM
MagnaderAlpha posted...
theofficefan99 posted...
Charizard18 posted...

It would be interesting, in a ballsy way, if they ever attempted to remake a FF game with story-tweaking, kinda like Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete. I remember how the creators justified the differences between the original Sega CD Lunar and SSSC by saying the old Lunar is like listening to a story from an old traveler who only goes over the general bits but forgot the finer details. SSSC is like a story told by Alex fresh back from his adventure, so because he JUST experienced it, all the details are easier to remember. Besides, considering how the BAD aspects of FFVIII's story ARE pretty damn bad, I don't see anybody other than purists having a problem if that should ever happen(hypothetically speaking). You'd probably have a hell of a lot more ranting over the changing of FFVI or FFVII's stories than tweaking something irk-worthy like the orphanage scene to make it seem less..... stupid.

Though, that being said, if it's more along the lines of fixing game mechanics, I'd prefer an HD remaster of FFIX with sped up battles. I think that would be awesome!

Yeah, but the story needs a lot of tweaking. Well, I don't know. There's a lot of issues when it comes to the Orphanage scene, NORG, Lunatic Pandora, the Lunar Cry, Ragnarok, Ultimecia, Ellone, etc. etc.

It'll take a lot of work, but I guess it'd be possible. I don't know. I just think VIII is fine as-is. We don't need a remake of it. We also don't need to remake VII and IX. If they absolutely have to do remakes, I'd rather they do a full 3D remake of V and VI, and then just continue doing new stuff in a timely manner.
---