What if this game turns out to be..... bad?

#1Tyurru360Posted 3/24/2013 3:29:43 PM
They've been postponing the game for ages and somehow there is still huge interest for it. Surely people must have some really high expectations for this. So what would happen if the game sucked? XIII wasn't as great as everyone hoped it would be; why would this be any different?
---
GT: oO Amaranth Oo
#2heartlesshero17Posted 3/24/2013 3:41:17 PM
People expectations will be pretty damn high so I doubt versus will impress everybody.

But **** it would be hilarious if this game really was bad. Like poorly made, glitch filled, unpolished mess kinda bad
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#3Tyurru360(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 3:43:59 PM
I can't imagine SE looking too good if it was flat out awful. Probably wouldn't be too good on their finances either I guess...
---
GT: oO Amaranth Oo
#4Panda_KunPosted 3/24/2013 4:03:12 PM
inb4officebrah.
---
"Lara Croft, You're My Hero!"
#5RasukouPosted 3/24/2013 4:08:17 PM
Well, then it'll be bad, and SE will have to think on it. What other response is there?
Now what happens if this game turns out to be critically bashed is another question...
#6RasukouPosted 3/24/2013 4:09:49 PM
Hmm, it's too early to tell how the game will be received. We don't even know much about it in the first place.
#7theofficefan99Posted 3/24/2013 5:16:02 PM
I really don't think that's possible. Square Enix won't let this game be bad, or even just "good/great." I think they know that this game has to be really ****ing amazing.

We'll see, though.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#8PostDisasterPosted 3/24/2013 6:31:01 PM
Rasukou posted...
Well, then it'll be bad, and SE will have to think on it. What other response is there?
Now what happens if this game turns out to be critically bashed is another question...

Nicely said. 13 was a financially lucrative and over all tested well by those who matter. Did people like it? Not really.

So yes. What would be interesting is if this game gets critically panned.
#9Eddie___DeanPosted 3/24/2013 9:02:07 PM
I think the unfortunate thing is that no matter how good the game is it wont live up to the expectations we've been building for the better part of a decade.
#10The_Lost_SabrePosted 3/24/2013 9:49:53 PM(edited)
This game will pretty much guaranteed to fail to live up to fans' expectation. SE brought this upon themselves and should be prepared for the inevitable backlash from the people who expects too highly from this game.

Though I don't believe the game itself will be bad.
---
"Heheheh..."
"Being dark just puts a greater demand on intellectual maturity -- you have to be smart for it to work." ~ Crono Maniac