What if this game turns out to be..... bad?

#31TheCalibratorPosted 3/27/2013 10:00:40 PM
It'll...probably be bad. Nomura can't write a story worth a piss. And the only thing that ever happened to Kingdom Hearts that revolutionized the system were deck commands. And those too will stick around for a while.

In short...game's been in development hell for 7 years. Uses a stale KH battle system. And we all know the story will suck immensely.

Yeah, it'll be pretty bad.
#32ZXR_ReignSlayerPosted 3/28/2013 6:38:05 AM(edited)
Oh this game being bad is a definite possibility., its the even the probable outcome. While its dev time hasn't been too long yet(they announced it long as hell ago but didn't do anything with it) the intellectual design behind it has most likely been changed several times over, and needless to say things have gotten fairly jumbled.

I'm honestly just getting this game on principle, and it seems to be developing a 'messiah' reputation as well.

With how XIII was mediocre and how XIII-2 was even worse(not getting FF Milking returns) if versus blows I'm turning my back on this series for good.
---
Everyone thinks they are special and the exception to the rule...everyone...and they are all wrong -RonD70
#33CranberryTacoPosted 3/28/2013 7:20:37 AM
Studey1983 posted...
If it turns out to suck they'll just spit out a ff7 HD remake as fast as possible and sell a billion copies. I say win

Havent thought about this game for a while. I can see Square Enix Holdings pulling a stunt like that if it would happen to be a faillure but i doubt that.
---
Slick Musician /DJ/ [>R&B> NU Jack Swing >House>UK Music> Dubstep is where it went wrong
#34The_DjokerPosted 3/28/2013 12:32:32 PM
Oh this game being bad is a definite possibility., its the even the probable outcome. While its dev time hasn't been too long yet(they announced it long as hell ago but didn't do anything with it) the intellectual design behind it has most likely been changed several times over, and needless to say things have gotten fairly jumbled.

I'm honestly just getting this game on principle, and it seems to be developing a 'messiah' reputation as well.

With how XIII was mediocre and how XIII-2 was even worse(not getting FF Milking returns) if versus blows I'm turning my back on this series for good.

sorry but 13-2 was NOT worse than 13. Story might have been worse but gameplay was definitely better.
---
http://s19.postimage.org/aosug5mrn/Persona4.png
#35ExtremeLightPosted 3/28/2013 2:15:54 PM
Tyurru360 posted...
They've been postponing the game for ages and somehow there is still huge interest for it. Surely people must have some really high expectations for this. So what would happen if the game sucked? XIII wasn't as great as everyone hoped it would be; why would this be any different?

Which "bad" are you talking about? Hype bad or Game bad?

Game bad mean story was horrible, gameplay was just god awful, and it just suck.

Hype bad mean it didn't turn out like people expected it to (which been the case with 12 and 13).
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#36theofficefan99Posted 3/28/2013 2:28:43 PM
TheCalibrator posted...
It'll...probably be bad. Nomura can't write a story worth a piss. And the only thing that ever happened to Kingdom Hearts that revolutionized the system were deck commands. And those too will stick around for a while.

In short...game's been in development hell for 7 years. Uses a stale KH battle system. And we all know the story will suck immensely.

Nomura isn't writing the story.

They only started full development mid-2011.

The battle system doesn't just use the mechanics of KH and it isn't stale.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#37Tyurru360(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2013 3:43:56 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
Tyurru360 posted...
They've been postponing the game for ages and somehow there is still huge interest for it. Surely people must have some really high expectations for this. So what would happen if the game sucked? XIII wasn't as great as everyone hoped it would be; why would this be any different?

Which "bad" are you talking about? Hype bad or Game bad?

Game bad mean story was horrible, gameplay was just god awful, and it just suck.

Hype bad mean it didn't turn out like people expected it to (which been the case with 12 and 13).

Bit of both perhaps?

Bad in a way that the final product doesn't work as well on a whole or meet expectations.
---
GT: oO Amaranth Oo
#38dkgerbil2Posted 3/28/2013 10:28:25 PM
TheCalibrator posted...

A few things:

1. Nomura doesn't write the scripts. He creates all of the concepts, characters, ideas, etc. and someone else writes it. The reason the KH series is a little all over the place? They didn't know if there would be more than one game, so when he added details into Final Mix and made KHII, he created a LOT of problems that have mostly been fixed since then. Kingdom Hearts alone was a coherent game and the problem came when he continued it from nothing but an idea or two.

2. Deck commands are the only thing to revolutionize the combat system? Reaction commands in KHII completely changed how you played and, hmm, perhaps flow motion in KH3D? I would say that counts as revolutionary and that was the newest entry. KH might have a "stale" combat system because the basics are left unchanged, but to say that it's the same as it was when it started (with only one major change) is just wrong.
---
All my friends are in bar bands.
#39ExtremeLightPosted 3/30/2013 10:28:54 AM
TheCalibrator posted...

-So the KH series' story is awful? Hahahaha. Too funny.
-KH1 was the beginning right? KHCoM attempted a different way to play using cards. KH2 added reaction (Triangle) which made the player feel more involve with overall gameplay (at the price of making the game easier); Also it added like a second chance if you get KO and your third playable character (Mickey). KHBBS was like godly improvements. Comparing its battle system with older KH is like comparing a smartphone to the phones of 2001.

And Versus entered full dev in 2011...
---
Lightning Returns will surpass 13-2 and become accepted by haters!
Official Noctis Lucis Caelum of the XV board.
#40AnaqraPosted 3/30/2013 11:00:47 AM
It's be pretty disappointing if it turns out to be bad. I mean the 7 year wait will be for nothing.
---
http://www.facebook.com/groups/FinalFantasyFan/