What if this game turns out to be..... bad?

#41theofficefan99Posted 3/30/2013 12:08:36 PM
Anaqra posted...
It's be pretty disappointing if it turns out to be bad. I mean the 7 year wait will be for nothing.

Oh, come on. We all know it won't be bad.

We all know it'll have amazing, top-of-the-line visuals for whatever system it's on.
We all know it'll have some of the most gorgeous CGI ever seen.
We all know the soundtrack will be absolutely phenomenal.
We all know the game will be very polished.
We all know the gameplay will be challenging, fast-paced and fun judging on the gameplay and level of difficulty of recent Kingdom Hearts games (though I expect Versus XIII to be quite a bit more difficult).
We all know that they're aiming for a big world with a lot of ways to interact with it.
We all know they're aiming for a Final Fantasy that's the perfect mix of old (a form of the world map, controllable airships, vehicles and chocobos, summons, etc. etc.) and new (KH-like battle system, interactive cutscenes, etc. etc.).
We all know the person who came up with the Fabula Nova Crystallis mythology is writing the story himself, so we know it'll be the best interpretation of it yet.

All we don't know about is the quality of the actual plot, the characters, and the dialogue (this one in particular depends on the version of the game you get and potentially the quality of the localization), and we're not sure how big, expansive and interactive the game is. But we know they're aiming to create something truly special, and there are some things that are a guarantee. There is no way in hell that the game will be flat-out bad, and I'm sure Square Enix won't even let it be just "good/great." They know that they have to create something truly amazing for them to make up for the obscenely long, and, quite frankly, unexcusable, waiting time.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#42StarBladeEdgePosted 3/30/2013 12:31:49 PM
same with ff 13 , people cry and hate square '' uhuhu i never buy a square game again uhuhuhuhu ''

but they do it anyway the next square game is out.
#43AnaqraPosted 3/30/2013 12:34:58 PM
I don't know. If the story is crap, the game will get a lot of s*** from fans and critics. Story and characters are where this game can fall apart. If that happens, all the CGI and beautiful graphics won't be enough to save it.

I just hope it has a decent story. That's all.
---
http://www.facebook.com/groups/FinalFantasyFan/
#44theofficefan99Posted 3/30/2013 3:31:03 PM
Anaqra posted...
I don't know. If the story is crap, the game will get a lot of s*** from fans and critics. Story and characters are where this game can fall apart. If that happens, all the CGI and beautiful graphics won't be enough to save it.

I'm pretty damn sure it will. From what we've seen, it seems amazing.

And in all honesty, the plot of Final Fantasy XIII itself was pretty damn good, it's just the execution that was flawed, along with the terrible finale.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#45zero8691Posted 3/30/2013 7:59:33 PM
Tyurru360 posted...
They've been postponing the game for ages and somehow there is still huge interest for it. Surely people must have some really high expectations for this. So what would happen if the game sucked? XIII wasn't as great as everyone hoped it would be; why would this be any different?

It wont turn out bad, Since it will play like kingdom hearts.
---
If Judeo-Christian God exists, he creates and destroys indiscriminately. He loves and hates all. That's pretty badass
#46ZXR_ReignSlayerPosted 4/9/2013 1:29:26 PM
The_Djoker posted...
Oh this game being bad is a definite possibility., its the even the probable outcome. While its dev time hasn't been too long yet(they announced it long as hell ago but didn't do anything with it) the intellectual design behind it has most likely been changed several times over, and needless to say things have gotten fairly jumbled.

I'm honestly just getting this game on principle, and it seems to be developing a 'messiah' reputation as well.

With how XIII was mediocre and how XIII-2 was even worse(not getting FF Milking returns) if versus blows I'm turning my back on this series for good.

sorry but 13-2 was NOT worse than 13. Story might have been worse but gameplay was definitely better.

Story is FF. Crappier story = Crappier game
---
Everyone thinks they are special and the exception to the rule...everyone...and they are all wrong -RonD70
#47zombie_basher13Posted 4/10/2013 1:53:37 AM
Well what if it turns out to be freakin amazing and blows open your mind hole and you end up loving every second of it? What will you do then? I hope you eat your words.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#48zombie_basher13Posted 4/10/2013 2:33:48 AM
And why do you people act like you've been waiting with omg bated breath so excited I can't stand it!!! for 7 whole years, nonstop, in a continouous state of "VERSUS XIII OMG GREATEST GAME EVER IT WILL BE CANT WAIT!!!" ???? Dude, I'm a huge FF nut and when they announced Versus in May 2006, I was like cool...promptly forgot about it while I finished high school, thought about it maybe once every five months. Didn't start following the news closely until about, um, 2011 I believe. Pretty much when they released that gameplay trailer. Only then did I go into, wow I can't wait til this game comes out, mode. From 2006 to 2010, I was into other things and barely glanced at Versus ever. Why do any of you hypocrites pretend you're any different?

Anyone who gets disappointed after "7 years of waiting omg it better be good" has only themselves to blame.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#49zombie_basher13Posted 4/10/2013 2:46:12 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
Anaqra posted...

I'm pretty damn sure it will. From what we've seen, it seems amazing.

And in all honesty, the plot of Final Fantasy XIII itself was pretty damn good, it's just the execution that was flawed, along with the terrible finale.

I thought the story in 13 was amazing when I first played it, thought everything was beautiful and amazing and epic, with the best characters and voice acting and story ever. Not kidding. Then I took off my rose tinted hype goggles during subsequent playthroughs and saw it for what it really is...cliche, pretentious, confusing, with annoying, flat, unlikeable (except for Sazh) characters.

Execution I don't get...but I never understood what that means in a story, especially when people say what you just said, "The plot was good, but execution bad." Can you explain that to me? I thought it had a familiar FF structure actually...where the characters split up (ala FF 6, 4, etc.) early on but then join together. There were a lot of nice references to old FFs like that actually, even in the story itself (which I suppose leads to cliches). But IMO what was really wrong with the story, besides all I just listed, was it felt like it was building and building from the very beginning, like it wanted to be epic and lead you down this amazing journey, but it just fell flat on its face about halfway, and indeed, the worst ending in an FF game to date imo, just flat out frikin terrible.

I think the key word here for the wretchedness of 13's story though is pretentious. I think that sums it up nicely.
---
Look alive, you fools.