Why does Noctis fall asleep so often?

#11ExentrykPosted 3/24/2013 7:41:42 PM(edited)
Rasukou posted...
“People will cry because of the story, they will get involved into it and will be crying for a whole week and on!”- Yoshinori Kitase giving his view on Versus XIII story

http://gematsu.com/2010/08/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-all-the-details-so-far

And Nomura's response to that, lol:

“It’ll be that awful?? We’ll balance it very well because playing and seeing those unpleasant sad scenes for hours could become a problem for avid players so we’ll work on that” – Tetsuya Nomura responding to Kitase’s comments.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Final-Fantasy-Series/Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-All-the-details-so-far/td-p/1686229

Stop it. Stop posting these hype inducing posts :'|
---
Veni, Vidi, Dormivi.
#12Rasukou(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 7:54:48 PM
I can't handle the frustration of waiting, either! That's not what this topic is about, though. It's about why Noctis sleeps so much. XD

I suppose having a provisional account is good because I can only post so many times in a certain period of time. Which means....

see you all later! *leaves and forgets about this game for 3 hours*
#13heartlesshero17Posted 3/24/2013 7:55:05 PM
Reminds me of Elfe in before Crisis.

Though its more of her just passing the **** out cause her powers are literally killing her
---
I'll eat a sock if VersusXIII is actually a mind blowing game.
-PainsPerception
#14ZendaikPosted 3/24/2013 8:33:09 PM
Rasukou posted...
“People will cry because of the story, they will get involved into it and will be crying for a whole week and on!”- Yoshinori Kitase giving his view on Versus XIII story

http://gematsu.com/2010/08/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-all-the-details-so-far

And Nomura's response to that, lol:

“It’ll be that awful?? We’ll balance it very well because playing and seeing those unpleasant sad scenes for hours could become a problem for avid players so we’ll work on that” – Tetsuya Nomura responding to Kitase’s comments.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Final-Fantasy-Series/Final-Fantasy-Versus-XIII-All-the-details-so-far/td-p/1686229

There were a bunch of details I didn't know about in the gematsu article. Awesome. Release the game already :/
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#15zombie_basher13Posted 3/25/2013 12:05:42 AM
"The figure that still lies asleep in the fantasy."

A quote from the game trailer. Yes, sleep is a big theme. Why? Because Nomura fancies themes of sleep and dreams I guess. KH Birth by Sleep? KH Dream Drop Distance? The man likes his rest.

But seriously, who knows? It's supposed to have a dark story, and sleep can be related to dark things, like comas, nightmares, broken sleep, insomnia, etc.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#16zombie_basher13Posted 3/25/2013 12:10:16 AM
Rasukou posted...
Remember when Kitase said that the story/ending would have us crying for days?

I know it's an exaggeration, but now I wonder .... just how gloomy will Noctis's story be? And I forget, is the game supposed to have a bildungsroman-like story?

Well for one thing we know Noctis and Stella will be friends and perhaps even romantic lovers but Nomura has a beef against romance and favors friendship instead, but anyway we know they end up unwilling enemies, as in they're forced to fight each other for some reason. So that's pretty sucky right there. Noctis might even end up killing Stella, or maybe she kills one of his friends (reluctantly) and Noctis has conflicted feelings of anger and yet love for her. So he wants revenge but doesn't want revenge. You know? lol
---
Look alive, you fools.
#17Rasukou(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 2:11:35 AM
I looked over the comments on Versus's story, and it seems that Noctis will have to make some difficult decisions, as you've mentioned, zombie_basher13. He can't eat his cake and have it, too.

That myth VERSUS real tagline's got me thinking...

I didn't know Nomura favors "friendships" over "romances," but now that I think back on KH, yeah, it's a logical conclusion.... or is it because of the target audience?
#18LeagultPosted 3/25/2013 8:32:28 AM
Because Inns need to come back.
#19Graham_ChapmanPosted 3/25/2013 5:03:58 PM
"Sleep, those little slices of death; Oh how I loathe them." - Edgar Allen Poe
---
I'M IN DESPAIR!!! THE SEVEN YEARS FINAL FANTASY VERSUS XIII HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT HAVE LEFT ME IN DESPAIR!!!
#20CrybabyloverPosted 3/26/2013 2:58:09 PM
Noctis ---> Nocturnal

Makes sense.
---
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
[3DS FC: 1289-8445-3650] | [NNID: xShiga] | [PSN: Shiga2714] | [Steam: xxshigaxx]