Yoichi Wada resigns

#31Asd202Posted 3/26/2013 6:03:31 AM
F*** YEAH! Wanted this for years.
#32Sir_Tom_JonesPosted 3/26/2013 6:36:44 AM
Hope the company gets its act together. It would be even more awesome if Wada takes Toriyama with him on his leaving. Either way, im celebrating, lets have a Nocts orgy.
---
I like burgers sometimes.
#33wh0_kn0wsPosted 3/26/2013 7:17:53 AM
Sir_Tom_Jones posted...
Hope the company gets its act together. It would be even more awesome if Wada takes Toriyama with him on his leaving. Either way, im celebrating, lets have a Nocts orgy.

i want to roll around in peonus
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#34zak234Posted 3/26/2013 7:27:21 AM(edited)
NOTICE OF CHANGE IN REPRESENTATIVE DIRECTORS

SQUARE ENIX HOLDINGS CO.,LTD. (the “Company”) expects that the Company’s representative directors will change. Such change is subject to a resolution by its 33rd annual general meeting of shareholders to be held in late June, 2013, and a resolution by its board of directors meeting to be held after the said meeting of shareholders.

1. Reason for the election
Renewal of the Company’s management team

2. Change in the representative directors
Yosuke Matsuda
Representative Director President and Representative Director

-------

Square Enix expects to incur an "extraordinary loss" in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013, following today's revisions to the publisher's consolidated results forecast.

According to the new forecast, the company expects results of its digital entertainment segment to fall "substantially" below what was initially planned following slow sales of major console titles throughout North America and Europe, in addition to a "sluggish performance" in arcade machines.

Square Enix now plans to begin major restructuring in its development policy, organizational structure, a number of business models and other areas. As part of these restructuring efforts, the company expects to incur a loss of roughly 10 billion Yen (or just over $105 million) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013.

The extraordinary loss includes a loss on disposal of content of $42 million, a loss on evaluation of content of $42 million and other losses of $21 million.
#35Panda_KunPosted 3/26/2013 7:34:49 AM
Matsudo? What he do? I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not..
---
"Lara Croft, You're My Hero!"
#36Vidius101Posted 3/26/2013 7:35:54 AM
Interesting news.

new developments will be interesting to say the very least.
---
Programmed Java, Python, Mat Lab, Project Alice, MS DOS and ADA.
#37ManaYukaPosted 3/26/2013 7:36:36 AM
This is HUGE

Wada was the downfall of the companuy, refusing to greelight certain projects, and was behind Toriyama's whoring around SE after the success of FFX(which also sucked but I digress) because he thought those franchises could use "new talent" rather than stay with the old experienced talent.

This whoring of Toriyama effectively killed 2 franchises and possibly a 3rd; Parasite Eve, Front Mission, and perhaps Fabuila Novaelis Crystallis is dead aswell and thats why other titles are jumping ship to not be associated with the game(Type-0 and possibly Versus)

Wada also refused to greenlight a FFVII remake until a FF game had "surpassed" the game(-_-), so that might be coming in the future. I dont know how I feel on that but this news is VERY exciting.
---
Best show: Game of Thrones Best game: Tactics Ogre Let us Cling Together
Favorite People- Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson
#38zak234Posted 3/26/2013 7:46:35 AM(edited)
Now we can rest. Wada didn't want FFXII-2 ( not Revenant Wings ) and he didn't let Ivalice Alliance to do their next game. He let FFX Team to do FFXIII series etc other games.

Square Enix RPG in this generation was nothing. Only FFXIII series and mostly Wii, PSP and 3DS.

Wada wasted Square Enix for seven years.
#39Marco_DinchtPosted 3/26/2013 7:47:06 AM
This has made my day...it will be interesting to see if S/E will be forced to listen to their fan base a bit more now... and maybe.... just maybe we'll get dat infamous remake lolololol ( NO CHANCE!!!) XD
#40Holy_Cloud105Posted 3/26/2013 7:49:14 AM
Oh man, I hope this means we can finally get Chrono Break. Wada was the reason why they couldn't make that game, right? I believe it was him who said no more Chrono games after Chrono Trigger DS sold terribly.
---
"Thunder is in the heavens; lightning illuminates the fields!"
"The sun rises, and the shadows take flight!"